Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

£7m on a future striker wasn't the worst idea, when we were expecting Daka to leave and Vardy/Iheanacho had only a year left on their contracts. Shame it's not worked out for him but it wasn't an obviously stupid deal to sign a 21 year old with two of your three strikers expected to leave within 12 months. 

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

£7m on a future striker wasn't the worst idea, when we were expecting Daka to leave and Vardy/Iheanacho had only a year left on their contracts. Shame it's not worked out for him but it wasn't an obviously stupid deal to sign a 21 year old with two of your three strikers expected to leave within 12 months. 

Agree. Thd stupid thing would be to sell him on for no profit. I think he's got a lot of ability if developed.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Also at the time Nacho would've been going to AFCON at the end of December, so we would have a striker ready to step straight in once he left for I think 6 weeks or so

It did make sense at the time - we just messed up the timing of it by getting the deal done before confirming everything was good with Daka leaving

• Like 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Luton in for him too. 

Would only make sense to go there if it was permanent, if it was for a loan I can't imagine he would start ahead of Morris or Adebayo (unless they sold them of course)

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would only make sense to go there if it was permanent, if it was for a loan I can't imagine he would start ahead of Morris or Adebayo (unless they sold them of course)

Adebayo has been linked to us.

Fuching Ridiculous decision by Cooper to sell Cannon send him on loan for more game time etc but sell him FFs, this lad has shown some quality at times if given game time and nurturing so send him off on loan to get just that a young player that could become a quality striker he’s better than Daka now even if he is a bit raw !

Send him on loan you Welsh Fucher don’t sell a lad that could become a quality finisher, we can see his potential so why can’t Pooper  Scooper ?? !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Think it is permanent 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

12 month loan to a promotion pushing championship club would be ideal.

I saw some promising signs from him and think he could mature into a decent striker. 

I actually still would have had him as our 3rd or 4th option, ahead of Daka, but he is obviously not impressing in training. 

We need a starting no.9 to come in this week and to keep Vardy fit. 

no way is Johnathan Rudkin getting a striker in this week, not a chance

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

no way is Johnathan Rudkin getting a striker in this week, not a chance

I think he will, but I think it will be an extremely underwhelming signing (Datro Fofana)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Luton are interested now and that could be the move after there bad start to the season! Cannon is not good enough and no idea why we brought him tbf, sell if possible and move on! 

Not really sure how people can reach the conclusion he isn’t good enough when he barely played!

These people will answer ‘well Enzo then Cooper didn’t fancy him’ but at the same time say how bad Cooper is and how he doesn’t have a clue.

So does Cooper have a clue and Cannon isn’t good enough or if Cooper clueless and Cannan could be good player? 

Personally I think we are 95%+ likely to be in the Championship next season so would get him and some others loan moves there to be ready for our side next year.

• Like 2

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Not really sure how people can reach the conclusion he isn’t good enough when he barely played!

These people will answer ‘well Enzo then Cooper didn’t fancy him’ but at the same time say how bad Cooper is and how he doesn’t have a clue.

So does Cooper have a clue and Cannon isn’t good enough or if Cooper clueless and Cannan could be good player? 

Personally I think we are 95%+ likely to be in the Championship next season so would get him and some others loan moves there to be ready for our side next year.

In answer, how can you draw a conclusion he may be when he never plays? Enzo did not think he was good enough, and Cooper for all his current slating is well known for coaching youth. Sell and get a usable forward in for me.

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

In answer, how can you draw a conclusion he may be when he never plays? Enzo did not think he was good enough, and Cooper for all his current slating is well known for coaching youth. Sell and get a usable forward in for me.

You can’t either determine for sure either way when a player is not given a chance but I think it’s fairer to feel they might be good enough than not based on non-existent evident. Unless you are of course negative about everything and write all our players off after about 90 minutes of seeing them play.

If he went on loan to Sheffield United and bagged say 20, would he still not be good enough for us in the Championship next season in your view?

Besides, and away from Cannon. We know that any striker we bring in will go through exactly the same process of being written off after a couple of games so I ask, what is the point?

20 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

You can’t either determine for sure either way when a player is not given a chance but I think it’s fairer to feel they might be good enough than not based on non-existent evident. Unless you are of course negative about everything and write all our players off after about 90 minutes of seeing them play.

If he went on loan to Sheffield United and bagged say 20, would he still not be good enough for us in the Championship next season in your view?

Besides, and away from Cannon. We know that any striker we bring in will go through exactly the same process of being written off after a couple of games so I ask, what is the point?

Surely this is the crux of it, that’s two managers now who have seen him in training, and admittedly limited minutes in games. Both have decided not to integrate him into the first XI!

I think going to somewhere like Sheff Utd would be his chance to prove he has a future at the club, do well, come back and be a serious squad player, although I understand what you are saying about auto-write-off of players, but I am not negative by default and supported Jannik well after he had been written off, even Bouba although that feels like I just plain go it wrong. If they play for us, they get supported, just seems Tom has not shown enough in training across multiple managers.