Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He’s 21 and played last year coming off a back fracture. There’s plenty of time left for him to develop. 

Which is fine, but we currently have one fit CF, if it helps fund a new one I'd rather sell.

• Like 1

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Which is fine, but we currently have one fit CF, if it helps fund a new one I'd rather sell.

Unless we make a pretty good profit on him I don't think it would help us fund a new one would it?

We have always been told actual cash isn't the issue but PSR

24 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I just don’t get it. We are desperate for goals, so we sell a young  promising striker which we signed as a long term option a year ago. Then we sign Jordan ayew who is a decent player in his own right but isn’t a goal scorer. There’s no logic to this.

Rudkin, Top and Cooper, hardly surprising! 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Unless we make a pretty good profit on him I don't think it would help us fund a new one would it?

Depend what left amortised on the books and how much we sell him for.

If he's not going to play, which is unlikely, we have to sell or loan him.

I personally don't mind.

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Might be too simplistic but if Sheff Utd are one of the clubs interested in signing Cannon then surely there's a deal to be done involving Hamer?

And Souttar...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nickaj said:

I understand the point you are making but exactly the same could be said about a number of our younger players regarding the lack of opportunities being given to them, are we intending to sell them all?

Couldn't say but I suppose it all depends upon why players like Cannon aren't being given a chance and sometimes there may be reasons we're just not privy to. At least two of our other young players were out most of a season with horrendous injuries and, perhaps as well as them being a little bit behind in their development, perhaps they're also being mindful of throwing them in too quick for other reasons. 

Just about anybody is worth £5mill these days, if he went there and was shit he'd still be a £5mill striker.  If he has a purple patch you could get to January and have people gagging to pay decent money for him.  Selling at that price is a waste.

• Like 2

Does anyone know what he’s worth from a PSR point of view? 

Does it hinder or improve us by him leaving for £5m?

He was a fairly cheap signing. Clearly he can finish, however the rest of his game isn’t at the level that’s required. He reminds me a little bit of Jordan Rhodes. He’ll do okay as a Championship striker so I’d think his actual value will be around £8m? 

Whilst it might look like we are making a loss, he’ll still have contributed to training etc. Sometimes It’s about having people that are good enough to improve everyone else. 

Just a bit  worried that he will be sold on the cheap and the club will pay over the odds for a loan or other replacement that is no better on deadline day. Perhaps tonight he could be given a start if nothing else to give him a chance or increase his price in the shop window 

£5-6m isn't too bad for a player who hasn't played regular football in 18 months.... I'm sure Everton would of added in a percentage sell on clause, so maybe they will get a chunk of the transfer fee aswell.

unless he's a bad egg in the changing rooms (wasn't there a rumour he'd had a bust up with vardy last season?) it makes no sense to sell him right now, get him a season loan in the championship

On 26/08/2024 at 19:25, moore_94 said:

He is taking 1.5m per season out of our budget on psr plus wages

if we sell for 6m then that is neutral on balance of amortised value ref asset.  It also means we have 1.5m to spend on a player this season  - 7.5m fee over 5 years (same as cannon). Plus it prob frees up 30k/week in wages 

if we sell for 5m then it only fees up 500k for this season on a fee (2.5m on a five year deal). 

this assumes that we bought him for 7.5m

His psr cost to us this season is 1.5m plus wages. Can assume that to be £3m total. If anyone wants him on loan then they have to pay a fee and his wages.  Could imagine that to be £2m all in. So that would give us £2m to spend  on 20% of a transfer fee and wages. Anyone we sign is going to eat up that 2m on wages alone. 

Edited by st albans fox