Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

If we sell and lose money on this lad, I will be appalled at our business model. Every time he got on the park, which was rare, his potential was there to see. He needs games to hone his craft. But strikers with an eye for goal are worth their weight in gold. I can't fathom why the Cannon project would be binned off so flippantly. 

Hes not a senior striker according to Cooper 😂

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

If we sell and lose money on this lad, I will be appalled at our business model. Every time he got on the park, which was rare, his potential was there to see. He needs games to hone his craft. But strikers with an eye for goal are worth their weight in gold. I can't fathom why the Cannon project would be binned off so flippantly. 

Cannon is an odd one. When I saw him last year I definitely saw promise in him, certainly as a goalscorer. At least his instinctive shots that didn't go in were on target as opposed to Daka's which were invariably stupidly blazed over or similar instead of trying to pass the ball into the net.

I suppose Daka was admittedly more mobile as a midfielder/striker but those sort of tactics are starting to wear a bit thin in football fashion because if there's no end product, what's the point? 

I still think that there's room for a more traditional goalscoring striker, Harlaand doesn't do too bad does he!

Unless there something in Cannon's personality or behaviour that we're unaware about.

I think he's probably a more fox in the box opportunist type striker and surely they have to be a great option to bring on if your other tactics aren't working? Ayew admittedly has his place with his type of game but surely Cannon offers something different. Unless as a club we've managed to drain every ounce of confidence out of him?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Cannon is an odd one. When I saw him last year I definitely saw promise in him, certainly as a goalscorer. At least his instinctive shots that didn't go in were on target as opposed to Daka's which were invariably stupidly blazed over or similar instead of trying to pass the ball into the net.

I suppose Daka was admittedly more mobile as a midfielder/striker but those sort of tactics are starting to wear a bit thin in football fashion because if there's no end product, what's the point? 

I still think that there's room for a more traditional goalscoring striker, Harlaand doesn't do too bad does he!

Unless there something in Cannon's personality or behaviour that we're unaware about.

I think he's probably a more fox in the box opportunist type striker and surely they have to be a great option to bring on if your other tactics aren't working? Ayew admittedly has his place with his type of game but surely Cannon offers something different. Unless as a club we've managed to drain every ounce of confidence out of him?

Harry Kane was the same at Leicester, where the thought was he'd hasn't got the pace and isn't fast and was binned off. But the guy shown that he sure got an eye for a goal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes not a senior striker according to Cooper 😂

Maresca alluded to the same because he was added to the homegrown list.

This sort of thing was discussed on one of the TV games the other day when they were saying about the pathway into the first team is longer now and most players almost have to go via a loan elsewhere as part of their progression.

Personally I think that's a steaming pile of horse poo. Academy fixtures being called PL2 was supposed to be the stage for kids to progress on to a pro level, not scrapping it out on Tuesday nights at Valley Parade or wherever.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why would anyone looking at loaning or buying Cannon think he was a senior striker? Presumably as he is in the senior squad?

well they would at least tell that to the fans to try and big up the singing and please them.. not many people would say “ well we got this young guy in.. he’s a bit crap but we might get lucky…”

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

well they would at least tell that to the fans to try and big up the singing and please them.. not many people would say “ well we got this young guy in.. he’s a bit crap but we might get lucky…”

Sure, but they could have just said ‘Relax, there is this hot prospect at Leicester that my mate Jon said is hot shit, so we going all in’ for him. Sure any fans would get excited by that type of disclosure.

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Why would anyone looking at loaning or buying Cannon think he was a senior striker? Presumably as he is in the senior squad?

Well, he is about 21 (not 16) and has played half a season in the Championship pretty successfully for Preston. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Well, he is about 21 (not 16) and has played half a season in the Championship pretty successfully for Preston. 

Suppose it depends where the interest originates from, but from a Leicester perspective he would clearly be junior to Vardy and Daka.

14 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’ve heard it’s off the field stuff as to why Cannon’s not broke through, would make sense as there’s clearly a player in him. 

Genuinely disappointed to hear that. Seemed to have that ability to know where the goal was.

• Like 1

For the money involved I’d much rather he was loaned out than sold. Imagine him score 20 plus goals this season for Hull or Stoke etc. He would then sort us out next season when we are relegated. I can’t believe he de values much from 5mill in the next year no matter what happens. Surely loads more up side to keeping him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OwnGoal said:

For the money involved I’d much rather he was loaned out than sold. Imagine him score 20 plus goals this season for Hull or Stoke etc. He would then sort us out next season when we are relegated. I can’t believe he de values much from 5mill in the next year no matter what happens. Surely loads more up side to keeping him. 

get a profit sell on added in and that would be fine. 

38 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I’ve heard it’s off the field stuff as to why Cannon’s not broke through, would make sense as there’s clearly a player in him. 

On that basis I think it’s far more likely he will head back to the North West and his native Liverpool. On that basis I would think that puts Stoke as favourites although wouldn’t be suprised to see Blackburn get involved but a lot will depend on finances as I am sure his wages will still be a pretty big commitment for any championship club.