Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

53 minutes ago, LCFCCKEANO said:

Think this and Booth leaving are to build our profit for ffp to hopefully afford a big hit on a striker for 25-30m, as sales aren’t done over a longer period I believe? 

That'll be tough to do since we're probably going to be taking a loss on him with the figures that are being touted. Not to mention Everton have a hefty sell-on clause

2 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

With Sheff Utd and Norwich keen we didn’t we try and use him in a deal for either Sara or Hamer?!

Sara has moved to Turkey mate. I agree about the Hamer point, although I don't see us signing another midfielder now. The priority needs to be offloading a DM.

Edited by scinnell

4 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

That'll be tough to do since we're probably going to be taking a loss on him with the figures that are being touted. Not to mention Everton have a hefty sell-on clause

Where did you hear about the sell-on clause? 

Nothings really felt right about this signing from the moment he got here. For whatever reason, two managers haven't fancied him despite his decent showing when he has got pitch time in his career. Probably best for him to move on for both parties. Shame, but sometimes it's right player at the wrong club at the wrong time.

28 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Not heard about any sell on,  and even if there is one it certainly won't be hefty given that selling at a loss mitigates the clause anyway,  and any amount over his purchase price is likely to be so minimal that even a 50% sell on is a trivial amount.

30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

There seems to be quite extreme takes on both sides with Cannon while I am just somewhere in the middle. I don't think he's quite the saviour that he is made out to be and is a classic example of a player who has gotten better by not playing. But then I also find the complete lack of minutes he has really a bit bizarre as well. Like he isn't 'that' bad is he?

If our happy medium is to sell him for less than we paid a year ago it's just yet another baffling move on the whole - bringing him in when he had a long term injury pointed to him being a long term pick.

It would be typical for us to sell him (the one we should loan out) and loan out Soumare (the one we should sell).

I think he's fine but he's not what we need right now. 

Ultimately the lad on paper hasn't produced the form to be a PL striker. Regardless it's an absolutely mindblower of a transfer deal we done. 

40 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

This makes no sense - a sell on clause is usually based on the profit on a player. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

There seems to be quite extreme takes on both sides with Cannon while I am just somewhere in the middle. I don't think he's quite the saviour that he is made out to be and is a classic example of a player who has gotten better by not playing. But then I also find the complete lack of minutes he has really a bit bizarre as well. Like he isn't 'that' bad is he?

If our happy medium is to sell him for less than we paid a year ago it's just yet another baffling move on the whole - bringing him in when he had a long term injury pointed to him being a long term pick.

It would be typical for us to sell him (the one we should loan out) and loan out Soumare (the one we should sell).

I'm not sure the 'getting better from not playing' argument is fair here. He was an odd signing, especially for the money we paid. But when he got his chance last year during AFCON, he looked really sharp. Not saying he looks unbelievable, but his movement is exceptional and that's the thing that's most promising about him. He did well and then immediately got dropped, never to return. That was awful management from Maresca; shades of Rodgers with Iheanacho after he'd had a blinding second half of the season to then be benched for the next season.

Problem is, he's barely played so I agree that he's certainly not the solution for us this season. But as you say, it's also bizarre that he hasn't played so far this season given the options.

Hope he goes out on loan and then we can see how good he is.

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I'm not sure the 'getting better from not playing' argument is fair here. He was an odd signing, especially for the money we paid. But when he got his chance last year during AFCON, he looked really sharp. Not saying he looks unbelievable, but his movement is exceptional and that's the thing that's most promising about him. He did well and then immediately got dropped, never to return. That was awful management from Maresca; shades of Rodgers with Iheanacho after he'd had a blinding second half of the season to then be benched for the next season.

Problem is, he's barely played so I agree that he's certainly not the solution for us this season. But as you say, it's also bizarre that he hasn't played so far this season given the options.

Hope he goes out on loan and then we can see how good he is.

The ‘getting better from not playing’ argument is perpetuated when people say things like, ‘his movement it exceptional’.

He scored a couple of good goals against pretty crap opposition when he first

came into the team and then proceeded to fade like a pair of black jeans from Fame Fashions.

1 hour ago, scinnell said:

Sara has moved to Turkey mate. I agree about the Hamer point, although I don't see us signing another midfielder now. The priority needs to be offloading a DM.

Before he went to Turkey. Percy confirmed we bid for him, you would have thought Cannon may have come up in conversation 

1 minute ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Before he went to Turkey. Percy confirmed we bid for him, you would have thought Cannon may have come up in conversation 

We don't know. Maybe circumstances have changed since we made the offer - Percy didn't exactly say when that offer was made. 

33 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

The ‘getting better from not playing’ argument is perpetuated when people say things like, ‘his movement it exceptional’.

He scored a couple of good goals against pretty crap opposition when he first

came into the team and then proceeded to fade like a pair of black jeans from Fame Fashions.

Just because you disagree with that, doesn't make it fact. It is possible for a player to be exceptional at something but have plenty of other areas of their game that need work?

The guy played only 600 mins last year and scored 3 goals and got 2 assists. A ridiculously small sample size but it also shows that he contributed when he got a chance. Not sure how you can 'fade' because you don't score one game and then you're dropped for the next 15 games, for somebody who doesn't score. That's just bad management.

I object to us selling him for anything less than we paid. And in fact would be looking for a margin of profit as minimum. Any other deal is a 'cut your losses ' scenario. And WTF would need to be cutting our loses for? When he's shown ability, is young and has time on his contract. If he can't make our match day squad now. Then get another team to develop him for us. And pay us for the privilege. Simple!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

We would be mad to sell him now, especially for a loss. Get him a loan, he has shown ability. With 3 teams putting money down we should be making a profit 

Edited by DezFox

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Everton are getting a sell-on from us making a loss?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

If Chelsea can double a players value by having been to Cobham, then why the hell not?

Yeah, were not the best of negotiating, he will be gone last thing on Friday for £5mill knowing our luck

• Haha 1