Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

5 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Surely Cannon won't be allowed to leave unless we have someone else to come in especially as Daka injured

You'd think so, wouldn't you.

We need the finance of both deals to balance, as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Literally incredible that we're going to have poorer striking options from now til at least January than we had in the Championship. 

Shambles of a club.

As many posters have pointed out, we needed, in priority, 

1. A KDH replacement. Which we should've identified way back in January and worked in a deal in principle in the next 6 months. 

2. A bog standard all-rounder striker, replacing Kels and better than Cannon and (2024 series) Vards and Daka. 

3. 2 or 3 young players - like the morrocon lad or Brighton lad - that we identified for random positions and like the look of. 

As you say, an absolute shambles 

• Like 1

I like Mavididi but he is most effective cutting in and scoring off the left wing IMO. Surely Leicester can't rely on Vardy and Ayew until January. Where this leaves Cannon I don't know and I feel for the lad. However cannot say I'd be keen on letting him go on loan or selling at this point if business is done. One injury and we are relying on wingers to step up which seems incredible at the start of a season

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Surely Cannon won't be allowed to leave unless we have someone else to come in especially as Daka injured

How long have you been following City? It stinks of the deadline day when we let Albrighton go out on loan with Jack Harrison lined up…

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Happy with that

Should be in a good place to be our main striker next season in the Championship :ph34r:

He will have to get in over Ayew and BDR first.....although Cooper will have gone by then

• Like 1

On its own a good move. He’ll do well I think and that will be our benefit one way or the other.

But I can’t see how we don’t bring another striker in we know Vardy will be in and out and with Daka injured this seems suicidal. 

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

so that leaves us with 2 "fit" strikers atm then, of course daka is injured...

37 yr old Vardy and 32/33 yr old Ayew(who hasnt been playing striker much the past 4/5 seasons)

club is a right shambles if they dont get someone in

david fofana on loan then i guess

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Glad it’s a loan but shock once again we are going to leave ourselves short in a position that has a problem with injuries. Happy days.

Looks like Cooper has him low in the pecking order behind Vardy, an injured Daka, Ayew and Mavididi out of position.

Obviously not made much of an impression.

• Like 1

Thank God it's a loan....let's see how he does with a season playing regularly in the championship. He's only 21 and was decent the last time he was loaned out to Preston where he got goals. 

Then we can decide next summer as we really don't know what's going to happen to Vardy or Daka next season and if we get a new striker today we really don't know how he'll turn out.

At least we'll have options!

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Thank God it's a loan....let's see how he does with a season playing regularly in the championship. He's only 21 and was decent the last time he was loaned out to Preston where he got goals. 

Then we can decide next summer as we really don't know what's going to happen to Vardy or Daka next season and if we get a new striker today we really don't know how he'll turn out.

At least we'll have options!

Great we have 38 yr old Vardy, 32 yr old Awey whose scoring record is shit and then Mavs.  Daka, who we know is garbage but injured.

We were better last year, we had nacho.  Wtf is wrong with this club

• Like 1