Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You can't use net seasonal results, you need to look at per lots of 90 minutes.

And over his two seasons in the Premier League, Patson Daka was the only Leicester striker to match or out perform his xG in both seasons, bettering both Vardy and Iheanacho over that period. 

He missed a couple of absolute sitters between Elland Road and the end of the season last year. I'm not suggesting he's perfect, I couldn't defend some of those misses in high stakes moments. 

But you equally can't argue with his output, it's been excellent. 

He's a scruffy looking footballer and he fails the eye test but so have plenty of other players in history, someone like Thomas Muller is a classic example (and before anyone starts, no I'm obviously not suggesting Daka is on that level.)

But he is probably in the top five most under rated players by our own fanbase in the last twenty years. 

You can make stats work for anyone … try using your own eyes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

My eyes saw him get 12 direct goal contributions in just 15 starts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My eyes saw him get 12 direct goal contributions in just 15 starts. 

and nobody saw him score a goal against a side that finished in the top half last season (Elland Road offside shenanigans aside).

The rest of us have never seen the same player that you have.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I know you don't mean it to be but I do take that as a compliment lol

I have no idea why people find me smug and hard to like.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

I think alot of stats geek (family members lol ) would disagree with you. I personally don't understand stats but probably most accurate way to find an out comes unless they fall outside of the bell curve or what ever the geeks in the family talk about 😄 

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

and nobody saw him score a goal against a side that finished in the top half last season (Elland Road offside shenanigans aside).

I mean he played against more sides in the bottom half so not sure what you expect, and a number of games against top half sides he only got a few minutes. He also got assists against Leeds and Ipswich

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

They also completely over look just how good a season Daka just had relative to his minutes played. Yes, he got out performed by Vardy in the end but only just and there's not much shame in that. 

Of players to play over a 1000 minutes in the league last year, only Jamie Vardy (1.02) had more goal contributions (combined goals and assists) per 90 minutes last season than Patson Daka (0.99) in the entire Championship, of players in any position. 

That's not nothing. 

For comparison, Summerville and Szmodics both had 0.72. 

It's also completely overlooking how much better the team looked collectively when he played. 

With your wealth of knowledge, it’s a surprise you didn’t get the Chelsea job.
Enzo, on the other hand who did, noticed something completely different from “how much better the team looked collectively when Daka played.”

Maybe it was the fact that we lost four out of the last six games Daka started?

As for the players you picked for comparison, are they really comparable?

Summerville played over 3.5 times the amount of minutes, and Szmodics played twice as many which I’m sure you are fully aware of.

As we saw with Daka, the more minutes he played, the harder it was to maintain the early form of goals and contributions.

Edited by HankMarvin

3 hours ago, Kp1984 said:

100% no on loaning him out needs to start for us defo seen talent there 

Start for us in the PL when he could hardly get minutes in the Championship?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I mean he played against more sides in the bottom half so not sure what you expect, and a number of games against top half sides he only got a few minutes. He also got assists against Leeds and Ipswich

If he meant the assist for Faes then he's got the sort of vision that Xavi Hernandez would be jealous of (he doesn't, it was a shanked header that he intended to aim goalwards) and the assist for the Mavididi goal is a simple 10 yard pass while he scored a screamer.

Maybe he didn't play in the important games (unless injures/suspensions required him to start) because the manager recognised he wasn't good enough.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If he meant the assist for Faes then he's got the sort of vision that Xavi Hernandez would be jealous of (he doesn't, it was a shanked header that he intended to aim goalwards) and the assist for the Mavididi goal is a simple 10 yard pass while he scored a screamer.

Maybe he didn't play in the important games (unless injures/suspensions required him to start) because the manager recognised he wasn't good enough.

You've still got to be in a certain position to be able to provide an assist though haven't you? The one against Leeds seemed like a corner routine aimed at the front post for someone to flick on but each to their own. He wasn't used at all at the start of the season at all, which played a big part.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You've still got to be in a certain position to be able to provide an assist though haven't you? The one against Leeds seemed like a corner routine aimed at the front post for someone to flick on but each to their own. He wasn't used at all at the start of the season at all, which played a big part.

Didn't play in the first half of the season when we were incredible. Did play in the second half of the season when we were shite.

27 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Didn't play in the first half of the season when we were incredible. Did play in the second half of the season when we were shite.

Did play in the build up to Christmas when we were very good

39 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Looks like Steve’s going to alternate between a 3-4-2–1 and a 3-4-1-2 so think he will be included quite regularly this season. 

We are 100% in the market for a striker so unlikely.

Hasn't had the opportunity to prove himself one way or another.  Hopefully he'll get the opportunity in the pre-season and if deemed not quite good enough yet.. then a decent season long loan the the Championship (Stoke City??) will do him wonders!!  

4 minutes ago, ScotFox1 said:

Hasn't had the opportunity to prove himself one way or another.  Hopefully he'll get the opportunity in the pre-season and if deemed not quite good enough yet.. then a decent season long loan the the Championship (Stoke City??) will do him wonders!!  

He did prove himself in the short few games he had and was unfairly dumped to the bench 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Phenom said:

Start for us in the PL when he could hardly get minutes in the Championship?

Are you a clown 🤡. I’m saying he should have played last season. He was realy good in the games he got but that donkey Daka returned and he was dumped. That’s on enzo. 

24 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

Are you a clown 🤡. I’m saying he should have played last season. He was realy good in the games he got but that donkey Daka returned and he was dumped. That’s on enzo. 

The only clown I see here is the one suggesting that a guy with 10 career Championship goals and 0 career PL goals should be our starting striker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Phenom said:

The only clown I see here is the one suggesting that a guy with 10 career Championship goals and 0 career PL goals should be our starting striker. 

In fairness you never know. Vardy wasn't too shabby and he hadn't even played in the Championship.