Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

10 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

training and playing an actual match is not the same thing

Are there any cases ever of players who cannot perform in a training environment suddenly become star players in match scenarios?  Seems a bit unlikely.

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Are there any cases ever of players who cannot perform in a training environment suddenly become star players in match scenarios?  Seems a bit unlikely.

You often hear former players talk about teammates who hated training and never put a shift in but were brilliant on match day. I think it’s pretty common. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yeah, many of the greats…Messi, Hazard, Aguero, Ronaldinho, etc

I like Cannon, and he might go on to have a decent career in the Prem but I can’t understand why anyone thinks he’s done anything at all thus far to show he’s better then Daka?

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Super Stevey Claridge 😁

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

So many.

a few have already been mentioned.

ill add Berbatov to the list…

21 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Daka has done absolutely nothing to warrant a start over Tom Cannon

Apart from score more than him per 90 minutes. Assist more than him per 90 minutes, make more key passes per 90 minutes, etc? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Apart from score more than him per 90 minutes. Assist more than him per 90 minutes, make more key passes per 90 minutes, etc? 

Not hard to do when enzo kept starting him over cannon even tho cannon did not deserve to be dropped. You should have better stats when you start way more 

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Daka is just the latest in a long line of hate figures who have the audacity to not be Jamie Vardy

Hate figures? He’s just not quite good enough for the premier league. Think everyone wanted him to succeed. 

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

Hate figures? He’s just not quite good enough for the premier league. Think everyone wanted him to succeed. 

Stats show he is better than Cannon, but Cannon is still touted as a viable replacement and that is without basis as far as I can see.

• Like 2

Cannon has had nowhere near enough minutes to judge, some of his appearances were right at the end of games. I think the run of 4/5 games Cannon had last season is what most fans are basing their views on. 

Daka has had loads of chances. 

1 minute ago, roblcfc84 said:

Cannon has had nowhere near enough minutes to judge, some of his appearances were right at the end of games. I think the run of 4/5 games Cannon had last season is what most fans are basing their views on. 

Daka has had loads of chances. 

Not playing mean they don`t deserve to be playing from training performances, surely? It certainly should not inherently mean they deserve starts or are better.

36 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

So hang on? Because, anecdotally, Aguero wasn’t very good in training we should be starting Cannon? 

Similar to the school of thought that we should never ever ever let anyone leave the club because there's a chance they might do a Jamie Vardy and become our next best ever player (they won't). 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If you deleted every mention of Patson Daka from Transfer Talk, including mine FWIW, I swear the average thread would be two pages long. 

Remove the rudkin comments and none would make the first page.

21 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Cannon barely got a sniff of a run though, majority of his game time was cameo’s off the bench. 

Hang on, I thought Iheanacho's goals per minute numbers were inflated because it's easier to score off the bench? Why is it that when Cannon comes of the bench to make an impact it doesnt count?

• Thanks 1