Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not playing mean they don`t deserve to be playing from training performances, surely? It certainly should not inherently mean they deserve starts or are better.

Personally I don’t think either is good enough to lead the line next season. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Hang on where the hell did I say that? Cannon barely got a sniff and when he did it was a handful of minutes. I think he started 3 games and in those he scored 3 times. At the time he was bang in form and could have kicked on but was pulled out the team to be replaced by Daka who largely from February onwards stunk the place out and could barely hit a cows arse with a banjo. 

Cannon has lots to learn and is far from the finished article however had he been given a decent run when his confidence was high I actually think his numbers would have been better than Daka who even at championship level was still bang average barring a handful of games. 

Sorry, I didnt mean to imply that you personally said that, but that was a general reason that people discredited Iheanacho's solid scoring rate in the PL.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2024 at 15:20, Clarkey123 said:

If we have any realistic shot of staying up neither Cannon or Daka should be even 2nd choice strikers. 

Cannon impressed when he had a shot last season then got dumped for no reason. So to say he shouldn’t even be 2nd choice is odd 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

Cannon impressed when he had a shot last season then got dumped for no reason. So to say he shouldn’t even be 2nd choice is odd 

He was good for a few games and then poor for a few games. I think it’s definitely too early to say he’s good enough for the prem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

Noooooooo, has to be fake surely, why persevere with trampoline shins Daka and then loan Cannon out…:mad:

IMG_1306.png

Not sure if you're taking the mick but that couldn't be more photoshopped? The cherry on top is that bogus watermark someone's applied slap bang in the middle of it :D

There's something not quite right about Cannon isn’t there? He's hardlyhad a sniff pre-season evenas substitute and now both of our main strikers are supposedly out, not good for fitness or confidence.

Ever since he's come he's not got a look in. Surely he can't be that bad or they wouldn't have bought him in the first place?  Everton supporters seemed a bit miffed that they sold him, wonder if there are personality or discipline issues?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

There's something not quite right about Cannon isn’t there? He's hardlyhad a sniff pre-season evenas substitute and now both of our main strikers are supposedly out, not good for fitness or confidence.

Ever since he's come he's not got a look in. Surely he can't be that bad or they wouldn't have bought him in the first place?  Everton supporters seemed a bit miffed that they sold him, wonder if there are personality or discipline issues?

If I had to guess, it’s just that he’s a bit average.  I remember Enzo even saying something along the lines of - he finishes well but the rest of his game needs some work.  That type of comment screams of a striker that can’t play alone. If you’re the lon striker you need to either have unreal hold up game, or be lightning quick… I feel like he had neither. Finishing alone isn’t quite enough as it’s too reliant on others. 

He’s shown good signs which is why we are all more confused but I can see how perhaps in training he just doesn’t have those qualities to play alone. Begs the question of why did we buy him but it seemed like a bit of a panic but of a proven championship goal scorer. Which was a little wild when we had 3 of the premier league strikers still at the club. 

• Like 1

I think we signed him before it looked like Daka was off.

Clubs will now always buy this type of player for the potential of a profitable future sales for PSR purposes. 

I’m hoping a full season towards the top of the championship will do him good and he’ll come back and contribute next season.

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I tend to look at teams other forums if we’re going to sign a player , just to see what kind of player we’re getting

The Everton fans was pretty much all saying he wasn’t good enough 

14 minutes ago, dayday said:

I tend to look at teams other forums if we’re going to sign a player , just to see what kind of player we’re getting

The Everton fans was pretty much all saying he wasn’t good enough 

He lacks any sort of presence.

The very best strikers have that air of confidence, a swagger, just something about them that catches your attention / eye even when they’re not doing much.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yet another bizarre signing.

I can kind of understand it at the time

Daka was possibly on his way to Bournemouth and we would have been losing Iheanacho at the end of December to AFCON

Probably should’ve waited for Daka to actually go though

Guest Chocolate Teapot
36 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I can kind of understand it at the time

Daka was possibly on his way to Bournemouth and we would have been losing Iheanacho at the end of December to AFCON

Probably should’ve waited for Daka to actually go though

And signed someone the manager rated?

That's two managers now that don't rate him.

If he is not wanted let's get rid then. Recoup what we paid and take a loan in or a free. He can't be on huge wages (unlike Daka). On Daka I honestly think we have seen enough. He was not good enough in the Championship. Apart from pace he has nothing to offer.

All these weird conspiracies and over thinking haha. It’s really very simple. He’s just ok. He’s fine. He’s just not really good enough to be a first choice. Doesn’t mean I hate him. He’s just an average striker. Which is fine. He’s way better than me. To even get a sniff in the premier league you’ve got to be better than 99% of the population. He’s just not quite good enough to start.