Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

A striker needs service and we are currently devoid of providing, Mav & Fat are supposed to support the lone striker to make a 2 but BOTH would rather cut in and take a shot on, even Vardy struggles he might only have 3 touches in a half.
Cannon needs a start if he is staying for the season and allow him to build his game, he currently gets 15min here or there yet still gets more shots away than the other strikers, obviously he needs to do more but can we say he’s getting a proper chance from the start with the better players around him?

If we had an abundance of strikers then yes get out on loan otherwise he’s just marking time and not progressing if we don’t play him.

Edited by BKLFox

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

If I had to guess, it’s just that he’s a bit average.  I remember Enzo even saying something along the lines of - he finishes well but the rest of his game needs some work.  That type of comment screams of a striker that can’t play alone. If you’re the lon striker you need to either have unreal hold up game, or be lightning quick… I feel like he had neither. Finishing alone isn’t quite enough as it’s too reliant on others. 

He’s shown good signs which is why we are all more confused but I can see how perhaps in training he just doesn’t have those qualities to play alone. Begs the question of why did we buy him but it seemed like a bit of a panic but of a proven championship goal scorer. Which was a little wild when we had 3 of the premier league strikers still at the club. 

I agree with that but why play a system that you haven't got the players to suit? We might have got away with it in the Championship but the Premiership is a different proposition. Iheanacho was the same, but play him behind another striker and he'd get you goals. Surely the trick is to play a system and tactics that draw upon the skills of the players you actually have, not one's you wished you had. It's about winning and getting points, not a managers ego.

Cannon ain’t good enough for the prem, nor is Daka but he will start due to his pace even know he can’t hit a barn door.

sell cannon he’s a mid championship striker imo.

On 07/08/2024 at 08:51, Dusty said:

He was good for a few games and then poor for a few games. I think it’s definitely too early to say he’s good enough for the prem.

You would drop off when your your rewarded with good form by being throw on the bench for a poor Daka. 

1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

Cannon ain’t good enough for the prem, nor is Daka but he will start due to his pace even know he can’t hit a barn door.

I feel like I've never seen Daka run that fast . :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

In a years time he'll fit right in then 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, los dedos said:

I feel like I've never seen Daka run that fast . :dunno:

I don’t know where this he is fast comes from, takes 3 seconds to realise it’s time to run and then it’s too late. Proper donkey

• Like 1

He's not had much of a chance to show what he's capable of, but my perception of him from what I have seen is that he's decent technically and a good finisher, but he's pretty immobile. Lacks a bit of pace and movement. You have to be exceptionally good in other areas to be Premier League striker if you lack those fundamentals imho. My gut feeling is that he'd struggle in the PL 

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 2

Struggling to get game time for a reason. Under Maresca and now Cooper. In my opinion has never looked as though he is fully fit. Would have thought as a young up and coming striker he would have started to develop watching and training with Vardy daily? 

But starting Daka ahead of him that must be a real kick in the teeth. 

Hopefully a new striker comes in and Cannon allowed to go out on loan build confidence with goals in Championship. As for Daka if he continues to get game time we are doomed 🫣

19 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Honestly think Cannon would score more than Daka over a season given the chance. Last season when he played he scored a few and had some decent games.

I think I'd get the Premier League golden boot if they'd just offer me a contract. 

I have no evidence for this and I've done nothing to ever indicate I'm ready for that level but hey I'm not Patson Daka right now bad could I be.

Plus I'm white British and I run around a lot which a lot of people tend to like. I don't see the problem tbh. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think I'd get the Premier League golden boot if they'd just offer me a contract. 

I have no evidence for this and I've done nothing to ever indicate I'm ready for that level but hey I'm not Patson Daka right now bad could I be.

Plus I'm white British and I run around a lot which a lot of people tend to like. I don't see the problem tbh. 

You're sounding better by the second, Vardy Mk11 right under our noses! Gerrimin!

Staff, coaches and the manager all see Cannon and Daka during training sessions. Daka is picked times out of 10. There is just not a debate to be had on this topic beyond where is Cannon going on loan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Unnecessary use of the race card there at the end of your comment mate.

Anyway, there’s been very little evidence of Patson succeeding at Premier League level so maybe it’s not such a stretch to put another unproven striker in there. Cannon can’t be much worse. 

Well I feel sorry for the lad. He got 20mins the other day when the team was being battered midfield supply was non existent etc. I also think given Vardy’s injury and Daka not scoring he could have been looked at earlier .Maybe he is not good enough but players need to know his strengths. Watching him against Huddersfield last year and clips of his 8 goals on loan convinced me there is some talent and finishing ability. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Unnecessary use of the race card there at the end of your comment mate.

Anyway, there’s been very little evidence of Patson succeeding at Premier League level so maybe it’s not such a stretch to put another unproven striker in there. Cannon can’t be much worse. 

wouldn't say it's unnecessary, there's still a fair bit of latent racism knocking round, and you can be pretty confident that if his name was Patrick Deck and he'd come out of our academy it wouldn't just be the stats nerds saying he's okay and people need to lay off him.

Edited by The Doctor
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

wouldn't say it's unnecessary, there's still a fair bit of latent racism knocking round, and you can be pretty confident that if his name was Patrick Deck and he'd come out of our academy it wouldn't just be the stats nerds saying he's okay and people need to lay off him.

I trust that the vast, vast majority of LCFC fans rate or don’t rate Daka based on his football ability and not at all on his colour or his country of origin. Who’s this Patty Deck btw? Is he any good? Danish? 

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

I trust that the vast, vast majority of LCFC fans rate or don’t rate Daka based on his football ability and not at all on his colour or his country of origin. Who’s this Patty Deck btw? Is he any good? Danish? 

see, that's the thing, his footballing ability is not bad at all and there is a pretty clear trend of black footballers being afforded less understanding by fans than white British ones. like, let's say we were linked with a young British striker, 24, who's had a couple of seasons as back up in the prem and has what would equate to a 9 in 26 record in that time, with an over all goal creating action rate of 0.70 per 90. people would be spaffing themselves silly. however, that's Dakas record and he's an object of ridicule 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

see, that's the thing, his footballing ability is not bad at all and there is a pretty clear trend of black footballers being afforded less understanding by fans than white British ones. like, let's say we were linked with a young British striker, 24, who's had a couple of seasons as back up in the prem and has what would equate to a 9 in 26 record in that time, with an over all goal creating action rate of 0.70 per 90. people would be spaffing themselves silly. however, that's Dakas record and he's an object of ridicule 

I think Patson has been afforded lots of time and the fans have never got on his back at the ground but he has no stats, including the ones you have provided, that would make anyone spaff themselves silly about him or any player. If you aren’t going to score a massive amount of goals as a striker then your all round game needs to be able to provide opportunities for others and Patson’s skill set, his running with the ball, hold up play, dribbling and his passing are simply not allowing that. He’s really a finisher who has struggled to finish. That’s nothing to do with his colour or his nationality it’s just a fact.

It’s exactly the same with local lad Luke Thomas. He’s one of our own in the sense he’s a Leicester lad who’s come up through the ranks and has been relatively successful in the past. It’s not unfair though to say he’s struggled recently and it’s understandable that he’s not currently in the 1st team plans. Again that’s nothing to do with the colour of his skin or his nationality, it’s just a fact.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Oh fgs 

29 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I think Patson has been afforded lots of time and the fans have never got on his back at the ground but he has no stats, including the ones you have provided, that would make anyone spaff themselves silly about him or any player. If you aren’t going to score a massive amount of goals as a striker then your all round game needs to be able to provide opportunities for others and Patson’s skill set, his running with the ball, hold up play, dribbling and his passing are simply not allowing that. He’s really a finisher who has struggled to finish. That’s nothing to do with his colour or his nationality it’s just a fact.

It’s exactly the same with local lad Luke Thomas. He’s one of our own in the sense he’s a Leicester lad who’s come up through the ranks and has been relatively successful in the past. It’s not unfair though to say he’s struggled recently and it’s understandable that he’s not currently in the 1st team plans. Again that’s nothing to do with the colour of his skin or his nationality, it’s just a fact.

0.7 goal creating actions per 90 puts you at around 25 goal involvements a season, and his goal rate would be a 10-12 goal season as the main starter. for a lower half team that is perfectly respectable.

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Why post stuff like this, just a shite comment. Don’t bother next time son.

i dont understand making judgements on Cannon. he had a brief appearance mid season when we had no options and he was brilliant, and the pressure was on him. He also did well in his last loan spell, on the other hand we have Daka, who when hr had the opportunity in the championship, was bloody awful and it nearly cost us. So why is it thought Daka is a better striker than Cannon?

• Like 2