Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

The worse thing of it all is the way they are treating us fans. Within a few years we have become a business not a football team. 

It's the complete opposite to where we were under Vichai 

• Like 4

You say excellent work but they had an unbelievably good squad through circumstance of the worst relegation in history. That was the main reason we went up.

Admittedly good decisions were made but this wasn't a time to brag about some strategic masterclass. They got away with one big time.

It was about rebuilding the almost irreparable damage of the relegation season and all they continue to do is show us they don't have a clue and actually have genuine contempt for the fanbase. 

I think Top's days are numbered regardless now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Personally I like to use football as the one place to switch off and enjoy the matches. Seems like everybody has opinions about everything these days and it’s starting to get a bit exhausting.

Remember when football used to be a laugh.  Few pints with your mates, bit of a sing song, see city win (if you were lucky), didnt care who the sponsor was or how much money the club had, accepted fox leisure was crap and we weren't rinsed for our last fiver.  Then home happy and live our non lcfc life until midweek. 

• Like 4

I think the above is already covered in 5/6/7 other threads on the forum. This place has become a moaning shop.

Try and not let LCFC become all consuming, otherwise you'll be popping Enalapril by the bucket load.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Im not keen on negativity in pre-season, particularly not when we have just been promoted but I have some thoughts that I just can’t seem to shake off.

My main concern is that the club is undoing a lot of excellent work to get us back where we belong.

Now I understand that we are in an unusual position with psr and i’m not going to get into that. This post isn’t about a points deduction, it isn’t about the manager and it’s not about having to sell our best player :cry:

The concern is that we’ve not seemed to have learnt anything from all of this. 

Relegation for many was actually a bit of a relief. It granted us the ability for a big reset. Yes we didn’t manage to get rid of he who shall not be named, but we did clear out those that didn’t want to be here ( for the most part).

We were able to fully refresh the squad with players that had something to prove and brought in an excellent coach with new ideas and a no nonsense attitude. 

The owner gave the fans what they wanted and went back to King Power on the shirt. A sign that they realised we didn’t want a dirty sponsor for financial gain. 

The scouting network seemed to focus on young upcoming stars, from leagues where we could strike a bargain, who would have upward selling potential… a return to the dortmund model.

The siege mentality came back and a bit of togetherness was found (yeah we were all surprised that good atmospheres were possible again). I guess champions league football wasn’t needed for that. 

But then now that we’ve been promoted, I feel like we are back making the same mistakes we did before. 

Long contracts for players who may not be good enough and have no resale value. A focus back on domestic talent.  a sheer disregard for the fans (season cards, shirt price increases, ticket price hike). Ignoring the fan groups. A competition open only to uk or thai fans. (yeah that’s going to annoy the guy in canada who’s spent his life following the club, might be a personal one but why are thai fans more important than me?)

Then of course the shirt sponsor. 

Now I know we have to play the game that everyone’s playing. But the more this stuff drags on, the more I and many others feel pushed away and question if it’s even a game we want to be part of any more. Where’s the line as a fan? leicester completed football, there’s not that one thing I need to see before we die, so as fans of a club like ours, be careful how hard you push us to the side.

I’m sure i’m dramatic and the optimists will point out why all the things make sense and there’s always going to be some logic to these things. The club are trying to be successful, I know that. 

I just think that we are moving away from what just worked and the old mistakes are creeping back in (or just never left). Am I the only one getting the sense that the club feel vindicated and that they are free to continue as they did before?  

I just don’t feel that the values of the fans are a thought and in what will be the toughest season in a very long time, possibly our history, we could have used a siege mentality. A bit of good will towards the fans would have gone a long way in creating that all so needed 12th man! 

Do you stand in the Kitchen at Parties?  

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I stand where his wife is:amartey:

This is a family forum. Are you active on Tinder by chance??

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

My faith has diminished basically beyond repair with this lot as its clear they hold zero standards that they claim to. The non-sacking of Rodgers at so many obvious points in 2022. The backing of him in January 2023 after serving up that he had done which have led to us breaking financial rules. The sacking of him coming at the most useless possible time. The fact those responsible were tasked with marking their own homework and telling us everything was fine. The breaking of financial rules by a mile. The fact you can oversee all of this and everybody responsible is still in place. This is without even mentioning the abysmal fan engagement.

It's a badly run operation relying on overperformance from people like Cooper and Glover, and if they do it, those above will feel vindicated despite their blatant mismanagement.

Superb post 

• Thanks 1