Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

41 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

All PSR has actually achieved is raising prices for the fans. Clubs now have an extra pressure to make every penny count and that’s being pushed to the fans at every corner.  

I don’t think it’s the clubs being greedy and , trying to line their pockets, it’s just trying to improve that competitive edge. 

We are pushing towards what sports are like in North America and we will be hitting $500 tickets in 5 years for big games… this independent regulator needs to arrive pronto! 

Slightly disagree. 

It's more with the increase of capital, corporate investment and the people from that area realise that there is a captive audience whom will pay regardless. 

PSR can be solved by clubs not signing Dennis Praet type squad filler on high wages. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lambert09 said:

hdmi cable from a laptop is pretty much the only way to put it on tv 

Thought that might be the case. I have an Apple TV box which I can get most things on my TV. But shan't bother with this.

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Slightly disagree. 

It's more with the increase of capital, corporate investment and the people from that area realise that there is a captive audience whom will pay regardless. 

PSR can be solved by clubs not signing Dennis Praet type squad filler on high wages. 

whilst you are right, the clubs will always want to be able to spend as much on players as they can. If the only thing holding them back is revenue then they will raise the prices. 

Clubs don’t look at it as another dennis praet, they look at it as the next fofana 

There needs to be a ****ing protest at the first game of the season about the current running of this football club. The people making these kind of decisions are beyond the pale. Charging people £10 to watch a non-competitive football match, to me is actually one of the worst things that has been done in recent memory. 

Top and those in power can get to ****, family club my ****ing arse. Horrible, cash hungry bastards. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Slightly disagree. 

The sharp clubs aren't in PSR trouble because they don't put shit players on massive money and never shift them. If it wasn't for FFP/PSR we'd have carried on as we were, we still haven't learnt arguably as Vestergaard's new deal looks silly on the face of it.

• Like 1

Enraged by the fee to watch the friendly against Shrewsbury online:

£10 here, £25 there, £15 increase on kits etc etc. 

This isn't going to solve our financial problems, rid us of PSR worries, or generate that much revenue. It's just going to PISS OFF a lot of people.

Those amounts mean far more to us the fans than they do to the club.

Edited by aklaxon

Huge concerns, it’s no longer a family club it’s a vanity project for the polo playing Thai high society and their upper class friends. His dad would turn in his grave bless him. They wont be fleecing me that’s for sure.

Edited by mazarron fox
  • Like 1

Sadly football has been deserting the local community for the last 30 years - perhaps with Leicester we've been in the shadow of seeing the realities until recently.

Let us not kid ourselves that the Premier League is magic - it's essentially nowadays rich people playing championship manager and the fans get some scraps at the end.

25 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Huge concerns, it’s no longer a family club it’s a vanity project for the polo playing Thai high society and their upper class friends. His dad would turn in his grave bless him. They wont be fleecing me that’s for sure.

It has always been that under the ownership. 
Just a doughnut and can of larger was enough to keep the majority sweet when we were winning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

It has always been that under the ownership. 
Just a doughnut and can of larger was enough to keep the majority sweet when we were winning.

That’s just not correct-in my opinion, in the first match of the season we won the league I paid corporate to see Sunderland and again later in the season to see Stoke. Now whatever Matrix you use your can’t turn tickets in that season from £150 in the Fosse lounge to the equivalent of £390 now. Sorry not buying it Top is a different beast altogether than his Dad

4 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

That’s just not correct-in my opinion, in the first match of the season we won the league I paid corporate to see Sunderland and again later in the season to see Stoke. Now whatever Matrix you use your can’t turn tickets in that season from £150 in the Fosse lounge to the equivalent of £390 now. Sorry not buying it Top is a different beast altogether than his Dad

Vichai would be doing the same I'm absolutely sure of that. Businessmen not fans.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Fancy using corporate tickets as the metric to measure the club’s relevance to its fan base.

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Businessmen not fans.

We might not lose tens of millions year on year if they were great business people lol 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Vichai would be doing the same I'm absolutely sure of that. Businessmen not fans.

He seemed to have a lot more empathy with the fan base and City. Maybe you are all right it was always going to end like this but no more of my money to fly over and watch them 

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Any of the usual suspects fancy defending this one? 

X random club would probably charge more, fed up of the moaning, we need to compete etc.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Fancy using corporate tickets as the metric to measure the club’s relevance to its fan base.

You are missing the point it’s all relative , the only way I could get tickets was to pay that, now if that rattles your cage a bit it probably says more about you than me. I could only get over from abroad twice that year to watch them and glad I did. Whatever you want to do with your money crack on but don’t judge others that’s a bit sad.

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

Me and my friends have found out that there is huge fun to be had supporting local football wherever you are. Few beers laughs and still change from 20 in your pocket

Absolutely right - it's no surprise non league football is booming!

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, crisp packet said:

Football is eating itself . The bubble is about to burst. All about the money !

How many years have we been saying that?

Until people switch off SKY etc, it’ll be fine