Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

37 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

I've always thought this makes commercial sense, I imagine there's loads of people who never buy a shirt with its life span being so short. There seems to be far fewer shirt wearers at games than there were 30 years ago when it was 3 year cycles.

You make a fair point there.  If you buy a shirt for your kids Christmas present then you are getting 6 months max.  Brands like fairy, Dyson, Duracell trade on being durable and long lasting and they are the biggest players in their respective fields.  I know it's not exactly the same with a football shirt but it is possible to trade and do well without frequent repeat sales if customers (we aren't fans anymore!!) are getting a longer lasting product. 

• Like 1

Over 2 weeks since Cooper sounded frustrated with lack of signings...nothing has happened since...useless and unfit for purpose.

Even if we sign someone now there will be no time to integrate into the squad.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

You make a fair point there.  If you buy a shirt for your kids Christmas present then you are getting 6 months max.  Brands like fairy, Dyson, Duracell trade on being durable and long lasting and they are the biggest players in their respective fields.  I know it's not exactly the same with a football shirt but it is possible to trade and do well without frequent repeat sales if customers (we aren't fans anymore!!) are getting a longer lasting product. 

Not because of the state of our club now, yes I loved the PL and FA Cup win but I am so disillusioned with the sport.  Used to live going down and seeing the buzz of Little’s team etc but due to greed, just doesn’t feel

the same now.

Loyal fans are treated with disdain

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Not because of the state of our club now, yes I loved the PL and FA Cup win but I am so disillusioned with the sport.  Used to live going down and seeing the buzz of Little’s team etc but due to greed, just doesn’t feel

the same now.

Loyal fans are treated with disdain

It's a different time now and a different game to a large extent.

But those days, early to mid 90s were my favourite times as a supporter too.  Maybe because I was young maybe because it was more innocent and genuinely a game not a money making exercise back then but everyone always seemed up for it home and away.  Or maybe it was because we started having a bit of success under Little after years of being total dogsh*t

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Don't think King Power will want to sell up for a good while, especially with the stadium expansion plans etc.

A shame because that looks to be the only way that there could be serious changes at the top and in the way the club is run

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

You really need to be careful what you wish for - our club is 140 years old and this is the best period in that whole history under this ownership - whilst I completely agree some decisions by Top seem baffling he is determined to re-establish us and they have the pockets to fund us but we do need to see the leadership in the coming season …….luckily most reasonable fans believe in this ownership even if it is frustrating at times …..

"Most reasonable fans". How patronising lol

Same reasonable fans that thought Rodgers was doing a great job no doubt 

• Like 2

There’s become a total disconnect between those at the top of the club and the fans, we’re just a cash cow nowadays. Unless the fans take direct action nothing is going to change 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

But those days, early to mid 90s were my favourite times as a supporter too.  Maybe because I was young maybe because it was more innocent and genuinely a game not a money making exercise back then but everyone always seemed up for it home and away.  Or maybe it was because we started having a bit of success under Little after years of being total dogsh*t

My favourite time too for a number of reasons.

Get up on a Saturday and go to an away game on impulse and pay on the gate.

Standing meant a much better atmosphere, especially at home.

Board provided money and manager chose signings so much clearer accountability.

Players were much more accessible, went out to clubs in the city after games and always happy to chat.

As far as bringing the fans and club together there has been no-one better than Little.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Don't think King Power will want to sell up for a good while, especially with the stadium expansion plans etc.

I’d put my mortgage on any expansion not happening before 2030 

36 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

You really need to be careful what you wish for - our club is 140 years old and this is the best period in that whole history under this ownership - whilst I completely agree some decisions by Top seem baffling he is determined to re-establish us and they have the pockets to fund us but we do need to see the leadership in the coming season …….luckily most reasonable fans believe in this ownership even if it is frustrating at times …..

Top needs to realise that we need a DOF who can bring in quality players Rudkin just isn’t the man as some reports show are we really spending money on the right calibre of player to keep us in this league and to compete ?

https://filbertway.com/2024/08/04/leicester-transfer-business-questioned-as-17million-being-used-on-players-looking-far-from-first-team-priority/

Edited by justfoxes

3 hours ago, l444ry said:

Just hoping that they are not in panic mode behind the scenes like a bulk of Foxestalk Posters. 😂😂

3 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

I expect that they are.  

problem is they won’t be at all. They never realise the gravity of the situations we are in. 

It’s all positivity and the famous ‘it will all be fine’.  I very much doubt we have a game plan for missing out on 2 or 3 top targets… with the speed we operate we will be lucky to get players by january… but looking forward to eventually giving up and going back to jeremie boga to be turned down again 

5 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

My favourite time too for a number of reasons.

Get up on a Saturday and go to an away game on impulse and pay on the gate.

Standing meant a much better atmosphere, especially at home.

Board provided money and manager chose signings so much clearer accountability.

Players were much more accessible, went out to clubs in the city after games and always happy to chat.

As far as bringing the fans and club together there has been no-one better than Little.

Absolutely, especially the away games. 

Remember chatting with Neil Lennon in brannigans for an hour and walshy on numerous occasions.  

Good times.  I didn't like the Ill will towards little when he went to villa.  He changed something when he arrived, obviously I don't know what but he did, we went on an upward curve 

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Not sure which is in more disarray at the moment, our club or the country but what we both have in common is that the leaders seem to not have a clue 

IMG_8481.jpeg

Got more important life stuff at the moment and a good job in some ways because I’d be far more raging than I am now. 

It’s a resignation of our fate caused by those who control the purse of LCFC. That they can’t come with a proactive plan to insist on a longer term plan absolutely highlights the need for football knowledge towards the top. 

13 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Well they won’t be getting a penny out of me 

Tbf, i’m thinking about takin. my lad to watch a lower league team like notts county

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Get rid of rudkin and pick up this guy and we’d be back in business…

Sorry if going over old points.

But what is Rudkins actual role?

Is he the Technical director of football,which would entail implementing a playing style across all age groups and also over seeing first team support functions.Also would include identifying areas for signings to be made

This would be working with the first team coach.

Or is he more of a commercial director negotiating transfer and contracts and overall operating strategy? 

If he's trying to cover both then in his defence it's too much, and also functionally compromising.

3 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Sorry if going over old points.

But what is Rudkins actual role?

Is he the Technical director of football,which would entail implementing a playing style across all age groups and also over seeing first team support functions.Also would include identifying areas for signings to be made

This would be working with the first team coach.

Or is he more of a commercial director negotiating transfer and contracts and overall operating strategy? 

If he's trying to cover both then in his defence it's too much, and also functionally compromising.

Not quite what you describe. But he is the boss of the people that are implementing those ideas, I’m not sure quite how hands on he is with those aspects but it doesn’t sound like he overly interferes on the playing side nor is he responsible for scouting.

He is however, in charge of contracts, sales (negotiation and decisions on who gets let go) and final say on the purchasing and negotiations. 

I’d imagine you have glover meeting with the manager, who gives him his requirements and needs. Glover produces a list of players. The manager probably selects out of the options and then rudkin comes into play to get that player to sign. I’m sure he steps in if certain targets are better value etc. 

The buck doesn’t just stop with him if course, the commercial side of the business is the worst it’s ever been. That might be due to making up for the failures on the transfer side of things but that falls on susan wheelan and any merit she had in the bank has got to be gone. I think the actions to raise more money are just pushing more people away and i know so many fans are now adamant about eating outside the ground and not giving the club an extra penny. if the kits had been nice this year… i’d still be not purchasing because it’s not on my family to recover the money these clowns have lost 

1 hour ago, rugbyblue said:

I was fifteen in 1992 and seen such rubbish under Pleat and Hamilton since 1987 by I felt those players died for the shirt - was it because they were predominantly British?  Though of course loved the 2016 team.

Now our fans are treated poorly.  Had enough of this club tbh and wouldn’t be at all bothered if they went back down; but I suppose it will never revert back.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Not quite what you describe. But he is the boss of the people that are implementing those ideas, I’m not sure quite how hands on he is with those aspects but it doesn’t sound like he overly interferes on the playing side nor is he responsible for scouting.

He is however, in charge of contracts, sales (negotiation and decisions on who gets let go) and final say on the purchasing and negotiations. 

I’d imagine you have glover meeting with the manager, who gives him his requirements and needs. Glover produces a list of players. The manager probably selects out of the options and then rudkin comes into play to get that player to sign. I’m sure he steps in if certain targets are better value etc. 

The buck doesn’t just stop with him if course, the commercial side of the business is the worst it’s ever been. That might be due to making up for the failures on the transfer side of things but that falls on susan wheelan and any merit she had in the bank has got to be gone. I think the actions to raise more money are just pushing more people away and i know so many fans are now adamant about eating outside the ground and not giving the club an extra penny. if the kits had been nice this year… i’d still be not purchasing because it’s not on my family to recover the money these clowns have lost 

Thanks for clarifying, 

So he's more leaning towards commercial and financial issues and according to many sources is pretty shit at this.

If this is the case then we are short of a 

director of footballing strategy.We obviously need this to steer the overall direction of the club in terms of aims ambitions and footballing style across the club.