Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

I'm glad, as a City fan living in the USA, of the chance of seeing live games. However after all the good work the club has done over the years to win over fans, it does seem a bit of an own goal with how they are behaving lately. I am very critical of the decision to have a betting company as our sponsor gambling ruins alot of lives. Would the club be okay with a cigarette sponsor on the shirt if it was still legal, for example? I just get the feeling that they are starting to regard us as customers not fans. Also, club employees should not be.posting club propaganda on Foxestalk.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Clive Langley said:

I'm glad, as a City fan living in the USA, of the chance of seeing live games. However after all the good work the club has done over the years to win over fans, it does seem a bit of an own goal with how they are behaving lately. I am very critical of the decision to have a betting company as our sponsor gambling ruins alot of lives. Would the club be okay with a cigarette sponsor on the shirt if it was still legal, for example? I just get the feeling that they are starting to regard us as customers not fans. Also, club employees should not be.posting club propaganda on Foxestalk.

The Thai government owns the Thai tobacco industry (Thai Tobacco Authority), and posts fake research into harm reduction to perpetuate fag sales, so yeh I reckon King Power would be just dandy with Krong Thip sponsoring the shirt.

16 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Extortionate?

Have you actually stopped to consider how much money it must cost to cover a single away game - last night they had at least 6 cameras (which they probably rent), which means paying for 6 camera men, plus they'd need some kind of OB studio (again, probably hired), transport, catering, a producer and some production staff, insurance, the media team...

It's not just a bloke with a video camera, this is pro-broadcasting - it's extremely expensive.  All so fans of the club can get to see matches that, historically, would never have been broadcast.

If it's not in your budget, fair enough - but don't go throwing around words like extortionate when you clearly haven't considered the financial implication of the club providing this service.  unless of course you expect to have such luxuries provided to you for free?

hey lcfc need help logging into my account can you help me?

cheers all the best

up the KP!!! 💙💙💙

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Extortionate?

Have you actually stopped to consider how much money it must cost to cover a single away game - last night they had at least 6 cameras (which they probably rent), which means paying for 6 camera men, plus they'd need some kind of OB studio (again, probably hired), transport, catering, a producer and some production staff, insurance, the media team...

It's not just a bloke with a video camera, this is pro-broadcasting - it's extremely expensive.  All so fans of the club can get to see matches that, historically, would never have been broadcast.

If it's not in your budget, fair enough - but don't go throwing around words like extortionate when you clearly haven't considered the financial implication of the club providing this service.  unless of course you expect to have such luxuries provided to you for free?

Tut-tut You're not allowed to show any dissent to the anti-club culture on FT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Always knew the club had people posting on here to try and influence opinions. 

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You simply have to be a King Power employee. There is no way someone can have such consistently bad opinions. You make Graham Brock look like a militant anti KPFC activist.

I’ve long suspected he’s someone on the KP payroll.

having just watched this: (ispwich friend took the piss out an imagine in it)

to say it puts leicester's communication etc to shame and DOF/DOS to shame is a total understatement

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
18 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You simply have to be a King Power employee. There is no way someone can have such consistently bad opinions. You make Graham Brock look like a militant anti KPFC activist.

Don't check graham brocks likes

On 24/07/2024 at 20:32, James_lcfc said:

The friendlies have been on YouTube for free for the past 10 years haven’t they?

I did expect it this year as well to be honest. What a luxury.

All the camera equipment would probably be there anyway for their own analysis and social media stuff. You have no idea of the cost implications of just streaming it on their YouTube channel.

Most clubs are charging... the glorious friendly between Derby and Shrewsbury is £5 for a one off match. It would be nice if it was free, but if you expect stuff for free ultimately you'll end up disappointed. 

I have no idea how they work out the costings and amounts they charge. For all I or anyone else knows Shrewsbury only offered up their streaming services for a significant sum of money. Or it's just another poor money grab from the club again. 

I simply won't be paying it to watch what are usually boring rubbish games anyway. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Thought I would add an example of a club doing something right: Luton have announced that they will now operate on 2-year cycles for their home kit. Would have liked to see them do the same for away and change kits, but it's a start.

Was just about to post the same.

Its things like this that truly show what you're all about. Not a free donut when you've had some staff work wonders to get you success. 

• Like 2

On 24/07/2024 at 20:27, Lillehamring said:

Extortionate?

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Thought I would add an example of a club doing something right: Luton have announced that they will now operate on 2-year cycles for their home kit. Would have liked to see them do the same for away and change kits, but it's a start.

I've always thought this makes commercial sense, I imagine there's loads of people who never buy a shirt with its life span being so short. There seems to be far fewer shirt wearers at games than there were 30 years ago when it was 3 year cycles.

• Like 1