Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

I remember being on Viccy Park after one of the play-offs with the players there and the packed park were all singing "We're proud of you, were proud of you etc......." can't see that happening anytime soon.

• Thanks 1

Gave up my season ticket mid way through last season after 40 years due to moving house.Still take an interest and watch most of the games by streaming.The club is not what it once was even as recently as Vichai.Prefer to take the dogs on the beach and do other things.....Modern Football is Sht

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Not quite what you describe. But he is the boss of the people that are implementing those ideas, I’m not sure quite how hands on he is with those aspects but it doesn’t sound like he overly interferes on the playing side nor is he responsible for scouting.

He is however, in charge of contracts, sales (negotiation and decisions on who gets let go) and final say on the purchasing and negotiations. 

I’d imagine you have glover meeting with the manager, who gives him his requirements and needs. Glover produces a list of players. The manager probably selects out of the options and then rudkin comes into play to get that player to sign. I’m sure he steps in if certain targets are better value etc. 

The buck doesn’t just stop with him if course, the commercial side of the business is the worst it’s ever been. That might be due to making up for the failures on the transfer side of things but that falls on susan wheelan and any merit she had in the bank has got to be gone. I think the actions to raise more money are just pushing more people away and i know so many fans are now adamant about eating outside the ground and not giving the club an extra penny. if the kits had been nice this year… i’d still be not purchasing because it’s not on my family to recover the money these clowns have lost 

Do we know who is deciding the style of football LCFC should play? If the answer is Cooper, that's a failing. Every well run club has style of play established before hiring the manager. So it can be stable across multiple managers (with a manager's lifespan being quite short). 

45 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Do we know who is deciding the style of football LCFC should play? If the answer is Cooper, that's a failing. Every well run club has style of play established before hiring the manager. So it can be stable across multiple managers (with a manager's lifespan being quite short). 

I’m not sure anyone knows but from what people have said, it sounds like the philosophy of trying to play possession football like man city came from the owners. Vichai was the first to request it. So I think that gets passed down but there’s no evidence of a synergy in youth levels to first team. The formations get aligned but that’s literally it, our under 21s have played kick and run for a long while. 

• Like 1

I got chatting to someone who works in sports law a few years ago, and he said he couldn’t believe how amateur a lot of ‘top’ clubs backroom operations are. He used the example of Bournemouth who at this point had employed the same small number of local people for decades, and how it was a bit of a joke how amateur it was. I’d love to know how we come across to people who work in the sports sector, because it all seems very amateur from our point of view. 

It’s the decline as well and dismantling that’s gone on. We once had the most talked about recruitment in the country, if not the world. We once had a leading sports science approach. Everyone talked about wanting to emulate us as a club. Clearly that’s not the case now and it wasn’t that long ago! 

It’s got very stale. Why has Rudkin never been poached by a top club, like a lot of other backroom staff? If you’re stale and stand still in modern football you fall behind, but we haven’t stood still - I think we’ve taken big steps backward with some ridiculous decision-making that has snookered us financially. 

A few people here keep on referring to the current ownership. That is wrong. Top is not Vichai, and it’s time for a change - if only to get competent football people in the backroom operation.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I went to my first match in '77.

Held a season ticket for decades, went through a period of going to every away game, stood, sang, nursed my throat the day after. I've experience the lows, lowers, lower than that, stupid highs and then lows again. 

Throughout this time we've had good managers, shit managers, dreadful owners, a really good one, and now this KP committee shit.

There has never been a preseason like this. There has never been a preseason where the club has got almost absolutely everything absolutely completely wrong. Maybe that's just me. It's how it feels anyway.

I'm lying in bed reading as usual before hitting the bacon, and I'm struck with how much I don't give a flying fvck what happens to KPFC this season. Moreover, I know I'll take joy in watching it turn into a massive shitshow. King Power did this. Like last season, I won't be spending a penny on tickets, merchandise or online viewing options.

And so I'll say sorry to those of you that upsets, I'll apologise in advance for making wise-ass comments as the season progresses. I'm sorry because I know I'm going to be full of obnoxious "told you so"'s. Pop me on block now if you haven't already.

I'm sorry...But at least you got that from me. You won't get an apology from the King Power cvnts. They don't have any respect for you. They don't give a flying shit about anything but money.

From the heart. Well said. 👏

Guest Chocolate Teapot

We got promoted before anyone else and have had more time to plan than anyone else yet were two weeks away from the season and the manager says he needs lots of additions.

It just keeps happening- there's literally no plan to any of this. Top was handing out gambling chips on a yacht when they should gave been formulating a plan. Its so amateurish.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

And as for the pre season tour to Germany and France....the only logic I can see in it is that were so bad it's better to keep us away from prying eyes. Turning down a tour to America because Enzo didn't want to (he's currently on tour in america). The whole thing stinks.

People often say nothing like this happened under Vichai but luck played a part in that. At least luck for him. Many many times during his time at the club we could have easily backed ourselves into the corner we are now. The way of running the club has never been the most stable. 

The first couple of years was basically all or bust in terms of promotion. Mel Morris did exactly the same tactic with Derby and failed. We luckily ditched the stupid spending and someone recommended they go back to the fella they made sure was gone before they even arrived. 

Likewise if we'd have gone back down straight away but only by some miracle we avoided that. We'd have been right in the shit. 

I still haven't seen anyone delve into how badly this way of operating with loans has ****ed us too. There was many quick to jump to the defense of the club on this when we were still doing well under Rodgers. Are we sure this hasn't been a major factor in the financial **** up?

It still beggars belief we have raised £600m in transfers and still managed to back ourselves into such a corner now. We are not far away from being exactly back where we were before Top and Vichai came. If not worse. 

• Like 4

The biggest problem for me is the clubs lack of contingency plan to any situation that arises. If Brighton lost their manager you would bet your life they would have 2/3 candidates identified and lined up months before so they can immediately go about replacing him if that situation transpired. Consequently minimising the disruption to the club.

With us this summer and especially the Brendan Rodgers sacking its like they only even discussed a replacement after the event had happened. This lead to two uninspiring, panic signing managers (Smith and Cooper) coming in. The fact that weve just been promoted playing a certain style of play but have appointed a manager who wants to play the complete opposite just shows there is zero plan or philosophy in place for this club.

They must have known for months KDH was being sold this summer and yet we still have no number 10 replacement weeks on and the season about to start. The running of this club is an absolute disgrace and im seriously worried for this season

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

someone recommended they go back to the fella they made sure was gone before they even arrived. 

That someone was Birch FFS. The Birch. Unbelievable innit?

Essentially the whole KP legacy has been dependent on the untrained but common sense suggestion of a club cheerleader

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

To anybody with the smallest microgram of football or business intelligence, it was obvious our transfer strategy this summer was to repeat last season's. 

Firstly we have the obvious financial constraints and secondly, frankly, anyone signing is probably signing up for a season in the championship too. And players - as proved by Mads and Winks and Stephy and Fatawu and Coady - will do that if the deal is right and the project is sold to them. 

But nope. We go balls out for this Juventus lad as if we were offering Europa league football and a top 7 finish. 

BDCR is tbf the equivalent of Coady I suppose.

But where's the Stephy, Abdul and mads equivalents? I guess this lad from Italy is one, but a centre half FFS. Hardly a priority. That's the equivalent to the mystifying signing of Cannon last year. 

Absolutely shocking. The club is run on an almost criminal level of negligence. 

Agreed. But on balance, we are only two signings away from thinks looking much better.

Asprilla and Szmodics in for £30m-ish and all is good in the world.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

To anybody with the smallest microgram of football or business intelligence, it was obvious our transfer strategy this summer was to repeat last season's. 

Firstly we have the obvious financial constraints and secondly, frankly, anyone signing is probably signing up for a season in the championship too. And players - as proved by Mads and Winks and Stephy and Fatawu and Coady - will do that if the deal is right and the project is sold to them. 

But nope. We go balls out for this Juventus lad as if we were offering Europa league football and a top 7 finish. 

BDCR is tbf the equivalent of Coady I suppose.

But where's the Stephy, Abdul and mads equivalents? I guess this lad from Italy is one, but a centre half FFS. Hardly a priority. That's the equivalent to the mystifying signing of Cannon last year. 

Absolutely shocking. The club is run on an almost criminal level of negligence. 

Even more sad when you see other clubs in the Premier League doing some nice transfer business, even little Ipswich have signed 6 players already......they know that they need better quality players to compete in the League