Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Really struggling to care and feel very detached from it. Probably because I'm an armchair fan these days. 

I don't think I've ever gone into a season with less enthusiasm. 

Mate, I find it easy to detach the incompetent and sycophantic tripe that the club admin fuels itself on. 

The XI lads out there on the grass, the manager and us lining up for each PL match is still a buzz.

Other than Enzo leaving and Cooper coming in, I've largely ignore the preseason. 

Can anyone summarised the substantive mistakes the club has been making?

Or is this just general grumbling? I'm wondering what I've missed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Gladly.

Lost Enzo

Signed Cooper

Signed nobody decent to play for us

Showed absolutely no sign of any strategy during the pre season games on the pitch 

No pre season games at the King Power

Massive ticket price increases

No home shirt available for adults minus the stupid new sponsor

Pre season games have to be paid for on the web site!

Jamie Vardy Injured, and about to be retired for glue

No more signings imminent

No safe standing being installed (despite all our rivals doing so)

Not swapping the Kop and the family stand

Not getting rid of the goal celebration music

An impending mahoosive points deduction, to send us down again, before a ball is kicked

No sign of self pouring pints in the concourses

Apart from that, it's going like a dream

OK thanks - I haven't missed anything then. 

I guess we'll have to see what the squad looks like once the window is closed. And I never put any stock in preseason games, so one less thing for me to worry about. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Silva Fox said:

Oh come on you can surely see we're a shambles of a club right now?

Not at all, 3 decent signings and I would be quite happy. No signings and I’m topping myself with everyone else

• Like 1

It's a sh*t show. 

Two weeks until the season starts and we've failed to make any really decent signings that are at the level needed to keep us up. 

We found ourselves sleep walking into relegation the season before last and it feels like we are doing the same again. 

The club appears to have zero urgency. 

I genuinely think Cooper will be gone by November. I hope i am wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Gladly.

Lost Enzo

Signed Cooper

Signed nobody decent to play for us

Showed absolutely no sign of any strategy during the pre season games on the pitch 

No pre season games at the King Power

Massive ticket price increases

No home shirt available for adults minus the stupid new sponsor

Pre season games have to be paid for on the web site!

Jamie Vardy Injured, and about to be retired for glue

No more signings imminent

No safe standing being installed (despite all our rivals doing so)

Not swapping the Kop and the family stand

Not getting rid of the goal celebration music

An impending mahoosive points deduction, to send us down again, before a ball is kicked

No sign of self pouring pints in the concourses

Apart from that, it's going like a dream

At least we still have the cardboard clappers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lee7 said:

It's a sh*t show. 

Two weeks until the season starts and we've failed to make any really decent signings that are at the level needed to keep us up. 

We found ourselves sleep walking into relegation the season before last and it feels like we are doing the same again. 

Even if we're bottom, I really can't see Top sacking him and who else would come here, we're already considered as the Sheffield of this season by most pundits and they aren't even bothering to talk about us

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, lee7 said:

It's a sh*t show. 

probably will be wrong. aiyawatt will wait until at least mid april to sack him, even tho we'll have been bottom throughout the season.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, brownfox said:

The way it’s looking we won’t score many goals so we may not get to hear the goal celebration music!

Scenes when they bring it back without consulting the fanbase, the club play it as we pull one back to make it 1-4 against Spurs, and VAR chalks it off for  being a dick-hair offside.

11 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

People often say nothing like this happened under Vichai but luck played a part in that. At least luck for him. Many many times during his time at the club we could have easily backed ourselves into the corner we are now. The way of running the club has never been the most stable. 

The first couple of years was basically all or bust in terms of promotion. Mel Morris did exactly the same tactic with Derby and failed. We luckily ditched the stupid spending and someone recommended they go back to the fella they made sure was gone before they even arrived. 

Likewise if we'd have gone back down straight away but only by some miracle we avoided that. We'd have been right in the shit. 

I still haven't seen anyone delve into how badly this way of operating with loans has ****ed us too. There was many quick to jump to the defense of the club on this when we were still doing well under Rodgers. Are we sure this hasn't been a major factor in the financial **** up?

It still beggars belief we have raised £600m in transfers and still managed to back ourselves into such a corner now. We are not far away from being exactly back where we were before Top and Vichai came. If not worse. 

Yeh I think some are overly generous to Vichai because the outcome was ultimately favourable. That was probably down to what was built by Pearson, Shakey, and Walsh though. The signs were there before, what was the comment: "10bn baht for top 5" as soon as we got promoted.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

And I never put any stock in preseason games, so one less thing for me to worry about. 

Results no. But a steady style of play with at times trying out a plan b when A is not working would be good.

On 04/08/2024 at 19:59, Tuna said:

Over 2 weeks since Cooper sounded frustrated with lack of signings...nothing has happened since...useless and unfit for purpose.

Even if we sign someone now there will be no time to integrate into the squad.

One signing in a month and it was an obligation signing (Fatawu). This is completely unacceptable - yet again.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2024 at 20:30, Old Fox said:

You really need to be careful what you wish for - our club is 140 years old and this is the best period in that whole history under this ownership - whilst I completely agree some decisions by Top seem baffling he is determined to re-establish us and they have the pockets to fund us but we do need to see the leadership in the coming season …….luckily most reasonable fans believe in this ownership even if it is frustrating at times …..

It categorically is not.

I'm normally pretty optimistic at this time of year about the upcoming season. I tend to look on the bright side. But I'm finding it extremely difficult to find anything to be positive about regarding LCFC at the moment.

On 05/08/2024 at 12:54, Gamble92 said:

Birch who was also about to be laid off and then given a lifetime contract. 

I'm far from saying I don't appreciate Vichai and Top and where they've put us because without them none of it's been possible. But it's mad how we ignored all the glaring inadequacies at the club just because of success. We just buried our heads in the sand like ostriches as a fanbase I'm afraid. 

Everything centred around Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh with the money of King Power and the ripple effect has sadly run out. We are now seeing the startling decline and we are just walking into it again with an extremely passive fanbase. 

Macia deserves a mention

His contribution basically propelled the KP second wind (2019-2021)

• Like 4