Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

On 05/08/2024 at 07:54, Gamble92 said:

Birch who was also about to be laid off and then given a lifetime contract. 

I'm far from saying I don't appreciate Vichai and Top and where they've put us because without them none of it's been possible. But it's mad how we ignored all the glaring inadequacies at the club just because of success. We just buried our heads in the sand like ostriches as a fanbase I'm afraid. 

Everything centred around Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh with the money of King Power and the ripple effect has sadly run out. We are now seeing the startling decline and we are just walking into it again with an extremely passive fanbase. 

Just look at the initial responses I got to to this post. Half the fan base don’t want to think about anything negative until it hits you bang in the face. I’m not a negative person by nature but this season feels like the beginning of a fool me once shame on you but fool me twice and that’s on me 

I always feel that a fan base that is loud with their complaints when things are good on the pitch are listened to more. It’s easy to say, you’re just crying because you got relegated… not so easy for the media to brush it off when we’ve just been promoted.  But as a whole our fan base feels apathetic to the mis-dealings  

• Like 3

I think what makes it worse is the fact our overall expenditure is 1.6m with 2 weeks left, we've lost our more creative player and not a signing insight. We literally need 4 starters, this part of the season we as fans should be thinking what our best lineup potentially is after seeing them in pre season with the hope of signing 1 player near the end of the window to help out, not needed literally 40% of a starting lineup. 

On 05/08/2024 at 18:22, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Three months and the clubs not only stood still but gone backwards.

This is just blind self-sabotage at this point.

Or are we accepting that with a points deduction and little ability to navigate with transfers because of the finances, relegation is nigh on certainty and that the plan is to take the hit, get the finances back in order and go again next season in the championship?

Who knows, it's certainly something quite a few people said could be one course of action. And the cheap signing of Cooper does hint at that. I doubt they'd ever admit it.

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Or are we accepting that with a points deduction and little ability to navigate with transfers because of the finances, relegation is nigh on certainty and that the plan is to take the hit, get the finances back in order and go again next season in the championship?

Who knows, it's certainly something quite a few people said could be one course of action. And the cheap signing of Cooper does hint at that. I doubt they'd ever admit it.

I can understand that approach if taken but struggle to accept the increase in ticket prices and the card charge for 24/25 if the plan is to serve up a sub standard squad and little to enjoy about watching us 

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I can understand that approach if taken but struggle to accept the increase in ticket prices and the card charge for 24/25 if the plan is to serve up a sub standard squad and little to enjoy about watching us 

Joined up thinking is hardly the strong point of the club... I think they'd actually get people on board if they said "we've messed up and we need to sort it out". 

It does feel like the plan is to not try and compete this season and do what other much smaller clubs have done when getting into the premier league and take the money primarily to strengthen the finances and protect the long term future of the club.

Nothing wrong with that but talk about a fall from grace.

• Like 1

Really don’t care anymore.

Seen us win anything I remotely thought possible and now it’s a different set of fans from how it used to be.

As I don’t have a season ticket anymore seem to enjoy watching my eight year old lad play in goal more than this.  

Plus also would rather see some decent bands live as I don’t come away feeling cheated like I do with us.  Maybe I will fall in love again when this whole PL bubble bursts and the Euro Super League is formed

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Why are we spending 25% of our transfer budget on a centre back we didn't need?

Screenshot_20240807_122151_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Joined up thinking is hardly the strong point of the club... I think they'd actually get people on board if they said "we've messed up and we need to sort it out". 

But your best mate JR is hardly likely to come and say these sort of things is he?  That is the same as asking the Architect to take the blame when the building he planned collapses.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Yes I think you're right there but all we get is zero communication/radio silence.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'll respond to this on behalf of the usual suspects so they don't have to...

But how do you know that's the transfer budget?

How do you know we don't need a centre back?

How do you know we're not about to sell Soumare for 100m?

Because history tells us all these things are very likely to be true. Cheers 👌 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

But your best mate JR is hardly likely to come and say these sort of things is he?  That is the same as asking the Architect to take the blame when the building he planned collapses.

Arsonist sets fire to his own house but should be forgiven because he called the fire brigade.

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

We have a board, a CEO and an owner all above Rudkin... but we'll just keep pretending they don't exist lol

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Because the manager thinks we need some pace at the back, just as Maresca did. :dunno:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Because Faes is off? He's the only player we have left with any real value.

image.thumb.png.94307a8f136811dc7cf5163cac0a8111.png

“You can see (Doyle’s impact), it’s so clear,” Maresca said after the 3-1 win over Norwich. “The only problem with Callum, with Conor and with the defenders that we have, and I’ve said many times, not one of them is quick.

“The way we play, with high-pressing… We have played more than 45 games this season and it doesn’t matter the opposition, even Premier League clubs. Against Chelsea or Liverpool or Bournemouth, we tried to press them in their box.

“The problem is that you have to defend 50 metres in behind. And Jannik (Vestergaard) is not quick, Callum is not quick, Conor is not quick, Wout is the quickest one but is not very quick. So we try to adapt. But I love Callum. I love Conor.”

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Babylon said:

“You can see (Doyle’s impact), it’s so clear,” Maresca said after the 3-1 win over Norwich. “The only problem with Callum, with Conor and with the defenders that we have, and I’ve said many times, not one of them is quick.

“The way we play, with high-pressing… We have played more than 45 games this season and it doesn’t matter the opposition, even Premier League clubs. Against Chelsea or Liverpool or Bournemouth, we tried to press them in their box.

“The problem is that you have to defend 50 metres in behind. And Jannik (Vestergaard) is not quick, Callum is not quick, Conor is not quick, Wout is the quickest one but is not very quick. So we try to adapt. But I love Callum. I love Conor.”

He's not even quick mate.