Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Seems people aren't able to get their head around general business principles. 

Director of finance works with parts of a organisation to agree budgets, which is then signed off for the by the board.

Rudkin would have been working to the budget agreed by the board. 

Because 90% of people who comment haven’t been exposed to these kind of environments and think this is football manager

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

With the greatest of respect, I think you may be underestimating the intelligence of some of the FT Members and their knowledge of business principles. 

The direction of this Club is not looking healthy right now and realistically changes are needed to get this ship navigating in the right direction. Until that happens, I fear we will become a Yo-Yo Club.  This current Transfer Window will define our illustrious DoF and his Recruitment Team.   Any news on Ayew?

I can only go on what people post......

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Because 90% of people who comment haven’t been exposed to these kind of environments and think this is football manager

What sort of exposure have you have to it Tommy?

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

Or are we accepting that with a points deduction and little ability to navigate with transfers because of the finances, relegation is nigh on certainty and that the plan is to take the hit, get the finances back in order and go again next season in the championship?

Who knows, it's certainly something quite a few people said could be one course of action. And the cheap signing of Cooper does hint at that. I doubt they'd ever admit it.

Then why give long term contracts and high wages to guys like Ndidi and Vesty?

And BDCR

Edited by Phenom

37 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I can only go on what people post......

Business Principles, as you reference, require good financial governance and as I said, I cannot envisage our DoF was kept in the dark over our financial position.  King Power know how to run a successful business which suggests those running the Club on a day to day basis are not doing a very good job.

25 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

What sort of exposure have you have to it Tommy?

On the board and shareholder of a successful business that employs 450 people, so without getting into my dads bigger than your dad, might know a thing or two about the mechanics of a sizeable operation and how it typically operates, how the decision making process works etc. 

If you’re after a mentor just let me know :giggle:

• Haha 3

If we want to use a buzzword, there’s no ‘synergy’ at LCFC. 

No continuous planning. Parts of the club post Ranieri worked hard to get autonomy - therefore would be in situ regardless of managerial appointment. That’s all skewed now. A lot of talent disappeared as well. 

On the financial front, I can only look at something like £15m on Okoli which relegates your outstanding prospect Ben Nelson further down a pecking list. If you need to fostering something, you’ve got start having some non negotiables in place. It’s very mixed messages

Equally it was huge this summer to unite with creating some siege mentality and it’s been missed. There’s plenty at the club who are completely confused by the approach this summer. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davieG said:

Some say we're planning on being relegated, i don't think we are but I think it'll be plan B or will need to be because we are being forced that way as we can't get our first choice options to enable us to stay up and seemingly can't offload our Championship players to fund more purchases.

This planning on bouncing back rhetoric I read on here is ridiculous because what an utterly depressing existence, and it's not even true because I don't exactly see us signing a load of young prospects.

If we'd kept the churn, more Hermansen, Mavididi, Fatawu etc... type signings I'd understand the argument but I don't really see anything that constitutes 'building'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

No continuous planning. Parts of the club post Ranieri worked hard to get autonomy - therefore would be in situ regardless of managerial appointment. That’s all skewed now. A lot of talent disappeared as well. 

On the financial front, I can only look at something like £15m on Okoli which relegates your outstanding prospect Ben Nelson further down a pecking list. If you need to fostering something, you’ve got start having some non negotiables in place. It’s very mixed messages

Equally it was huge this summer to unite with creating some siege mentality and it’s been missed. There’s plenty at the club who are completely confused by the approach this summer. 

You could probably add direction and strategy onto the pile before all else. 

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

You could probably add direction and strategy onto the pile before all else. 

You tell me. You are the self declared business mogul. 

Interestingly there’s a quite few successful businessman who’ve vastly underestimated that business logic can be applied to being involved with a football club.

Notably those buying clubs now recognise the need for top footballing knowledge and experience in those roles assisting them. You only as good as your DoF / Technical Director. 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

You tell me. You are the self declared business mogul. 

Interestingly there’s a quite few successful businessman who’ve vastly underestimated that business logic can be applied to being involved with a football club.

Notably those buying clubs now recognise the need for top footballing knowledge and experience in those roles assisting them. You only as good as your DoF / Technical Director. 

Bit weak to resort to insults to make your point - I don’t think there is any dispute every well run club needs a good quality DofF.

There are also many successful businessmen who have bought clubs and got the right people around them to run it, not just DofF but all faculties. The majority of football owners aren’t football people, but they understand how to run a ship so it’s sails. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Bit weak to resort to insults to make your point - I don’t think there is any dispute every well run club needs a good quality DofF.

There are also many successful businessmen who have bought clubs and got the right people around them to run it, not just DofF but all faculties. The majority of football owners aren’t football people, but they understand how to run a ship so it’s sails. 

There's also a hell of a lot who'll tell you it's a completely different beast and nothing like working in a corporate 👍

5 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Tbf Tommy you were the one who used your career to try and belittle people having an opinion. Ie. Something about football manger? 

Ahh which is what some of us having for years. Rudkin isn’t good enough. That Top is wedded to him has led to no objective performance review. Hence we are here. Like that dog drinking coffee with a fire in the background meme. 

That football clubs are complex beasts which don’t follow business pattern. Which is way business folk fail or initially struggle. Ratcliffe’s opening few months at United expose that 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Didn't cost £15m (£12.6m Total package at the time the deal was done) and it hasn't changed Nelson's position in the pecking order at all as we have moved someone out which we were very likely always going to be doing

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Didn't cost £15m and it hasn't changed Nelson's position in the pecking order at all as we have moved someone out which we were very likely always going to be doing

How much then? 

It’s a complete waste of money. Jay O’Shea with a similar career but English based cost £7m for Burnley last year 

Edited by CosbehFox

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

How much then? 

It’s a complete waste of money. 

€15m which was around £12.6m at the time of the deal which was also the value of the TOTAL package - also with the value spread across a 5 year deal for PSR

You only deem it a complete waste of money because I assume you probably believe that ALL of Faes, Coady, Souttar, Vestergaard, and Nelson are good enough for the Prem even though none of them play on the left side of a defence or have much if any pace? (which Okoli can do and has)

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

€15m which was around £12.6m at the time of the deal which was also the value of the TOTAL package - also with the value spread across a 5 year deal for PSR

You only deem it a complete waste of money because I assume you probably believe that ALL of Faes, Coady, Souttar, Vestergaard, and Nelson are good enough for the Prem even though none of them play on the left side of a defence or have much if any pace? (which Okoli can do and has)

It’s a waste of money cos he’s no better than any of them. As shown with his relegation in Serie A last season 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s a waste of money cos he’s no better than any of them. As shown with his relegation in Serie A last season 

Why does him being relegated show that he isn't any better of them?

A player being relegated gives no indication of that players overall quality

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Tbf Tommy you were the one who used your career to try and belittle people having an opinion. Ie. Something about football manger? 

Ahh which is what some of us having for years. Rudkin isn’t good enough. That Top is wedded to him has led to no objective performance review. Hence we are here. Like that dog drinking coffee with a fire in the background meme. 

That football clubs are complex beasts which don’t follow business pattern. Which is way business folk fail or initially struggle. Ratcliffe’s opening few months at United expose that 

I was asked a question and answered it honestly. 

I agree there needs to be a change with Rudkin, but I don’t think our demise  over the past few seasons it’s completely down to him. Probably a few heads need to roll, the old CFO has got a new gig at Newcastle somehow, he would have ultimately been responsible for the financial problems alongside Susan Whelan. They will 100% sit round the table and discuss what there is to spend - wages, transfer fees, agents fees etc - then the responsibility will be Rudkins to deliver within that agreed framework. 

At a guess, Top knows he’s in choppy waters and sees the same faces who helped deliver the premier league, fa cup and champions league football as a safety net, when in reality he needs to be big and bold and invest in some proven people in 4 or 5 senior positions. 

Once he’s done that, they need to collectively come up with a with a strategy for the football side, financial, infrastructure, academy, women’s team, commercial and the supporters. 

He might also want out longer term, but is hanging on for the best time to realise the most value for the club. The family have invested hundreds of millions into it and will want a return, it won’t be given away. The above, alongside the death of Vichai, PSR and a hundred other things is why we’re here now. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

They will 100% sit round the table and discuss what there is to spend - wages, transfer fees, agents fees etc - then the responsibility will be Rudkins to deliver within that agreed framework. 

They don't sit round a table, that's half the problem.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They don't sit round a table, that's half the problem.

Gonna try and find it as I am sure it has been in an article before but isn't it like even during the season the top brass only do a proper meeting once a month over Teams or something like that?

I remember it being ridiculous whatever it was

Edited by moore_94