Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

3 hours ago, Vazman said:

I think this will sum up our season, it all feels flat at the moment, I am hopeful of survival in the Prem, but what then, what comes next, whats the vision, what's beyond survival,  stale ownership, stale DOF, a real stagnant feel to everything, hopefully Cooper can lift all this with the players and get some sparks going this season with some memorable performances we can but hope.

I do remember a similar vibe in 2022 where there was a lot of "we just need the football to start to forget all of this nonsense" and the football just ended up reinforcing all fears.

I don't expect the club to set out an exact policy on the footballing side to the fans but maybe that's just what I'm accustomed to and maybe they should. I think you can often work out what they're trying to do but this time I really don't see the obvious direction. I get the impression there are disagreements, lots of differing voices in terms of aims and recruitment and we'll end up with the worst outcome - a mish mash where we end up both relegated and without a particularly valuable squad for next season. We fell from such a height in 2023 that we were always likely to be simply too strong in 2023/24 but I don't think the level of inefficiency we display is going to be bailed out by sheer quality in future years as that quality is diminishing. There's a real case we've a weaker squad than a year ago and how the hell is it even possible for that to be the case?

I really do fear the worst. Even in Cooper I think his strength at Forest was the siege mentality but I think that's a lot easier for people to buy into when you've already got the club promoted and you have a load of credit in the bank. If he starts here how he started with them in the PL, pretty badly, home losses to bottom half teams, losing 4-0 to a local rival who were in disarray he's going to have virtually nobody fighting his corner. The foundations are nowhere near as strong for him here as at Forest and it's why the appointment for me is quite badly thought out.

• Like 3

look at the whole here, we should be looking forward to being back in the premier league but after years of mismanagement behind the scenes at the club which has then effected on the field stuff too

think last season papered over some of the cracks some what,

a total reset is needed but i dont think that will ever happen

the club is still a shambles from top to bottom, the disconnect between fan and club is still massive

It's not just the tactics but it's our movement in the transfer market. Cordova Reid and Okoli have not improved us and we're signing 19 year old Buonannote to play over the 19 year old CAMs we already have at the club in Golding and Alves. Absolutely piss poor.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, lozzyblue fox said:

I really dont think anyone is positive for this season and can only see relagation.

There will be less and less fans going as the season progresses.

Financial ruin could be on the cards.

there wont tbf, crowds will still be there until the end of the season

the club is a shambles,

This is going to be our worst ever season ,despite it being the most expensive thanks to the incompetence  of the management. I think after this season  it'll be  a massive turning  point for the club .If it could be sold  ant the new owners come in with fresh ideas and hopefully  some football competence and with parachute  money it could be turned around .If nothing changes ,parachute  money runs out we'll be be mid championship club at best .Very sad and we can all see it coming  ,so why cant they at the top.

Edited by john ridley
Miss spelt

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Couple of signings this week and we will look back and laugh about this pre season 

Not that we are going to see a repeat of it by any stretch but the year we won the league, we had a pretty rough pre season. Yes we won most of the games, but the opposition in those games were league 1 & 2 teams and the quality of football from us was pretty dire. I’ll make my mind up after 10 games.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I have never felt so negative going into a new season, absolutely dreading it, we are a shambles. I am becoming so disengaged with the club and how it is being run.

I feel exactly the same. First time in a long time where I'm genuinely considering avoiding following us for a bit. I love this club, but it feels a bit toxic at the moment.

I'd just like one little spark of hope. Just the one!

...and for all I've said above there, I'm sure I'll still find some dodgy stream each week to put myself through it.

• Like 2