Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

I’m not getting on Steve Cooper’s back or calling for him to go. It’s going to take years for the club to regain anything like stability. Getting another manager in won’t change a thing. We simply do not have a squad capable of competing in the PL. 

We’re an absolute mess of a football club. We sold our best player to avoid another FFP penalty. We don’t have the funds or the stature to attract the kind of players we need.  The still unresolved points deduction issue hangs over us. 

Looking at the knee jerk reaction on social media tonight I’m just not sure a lot of our fan base have woken up to where we’re at. 

• Like 3

We just need the fan base to realise that anything above 18th is a great season with the squad we have and do all we can to help the team achieve this. 

At least those saying we should be finishing 10 to 15 can now see where the current group of players are at 

Edited by alanf0x
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 00rawat said:

Until a large amount of the fans turn on top, rudkin and whelan, and I mean protest in/outside of the stadium, banners and make it plain toxic for them , and sustain the hate for for a long time, where forever going to be in this  situation and forever talking about it on FT until they are removed. 

People with this mindset are in a minority on FT - and FT represents a minority opinion compared to the wider fanbase.

So, it’s not going to happen.

They’re all still going to trot along every match and Pavlovian happy clap at the sound of the Posthorn Gallop. The only thing we can hope for is utter disaster on the pitch, results so woeful week in week out that even they can’t defend them anymore. I’m at a state of loathing King Power so much that I really hope it happens, I hope the club implodes. I want KPFC gone and LCFC back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

People with this mindset are in a minority on FT - and FT represents a minority opinion compared to the wider fanbase.

So, it’s not going to happen.

They’re all still going to trot along every match and Pavlovian happy clap at the sound of the Posthorn Gallop. The only thing we can hope for is utter disaster on the pitch, results so woeful week in week out that even they can’t defend them anymore. I’m at a state of loathing King Power so much that I really hope it happens, I hope the club implodes. I want KPFC gone and LCFC back.

Thing is Daggers if KP do go, we'll probably be taken over by someone just the same, thats modern ownership.

11 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I did warn the difficult with FFP is that you make an error for one season but it haunts you for the next three. 

We can’t get players in because we simply aren’t attractive. The mess the pair at the top of the football organisation have done is massive. 

What underlines all this is that there is no one at the top who has the vision to suggest another way. Or willing to put their reputation on the line to change something in case it fails. Or that message doesn’t get to Top

What frustrates me is clearly we are hamstrung financially so why are we not using our promotion and PL status to attract the best of the young EFL talent available at sensible prices. 

If we can’t compete for mid range players then be innovative and inventive sign 5 or 6 top end EFL young talents and create a young fresh vibrant side that the fans can get behind. 

Players like Harrison Burrows, Ronnie Edwards, Jordan James, Morgan Whittaker, Jonathan Rowe would have probably cost no more than £30m and have limited risk from a PSR perspective or wages and all have a high ceiling for future sales. 

These kind of signings supplemented by creating a pathway for academy talents such as Braybrooke, Nelson and Alves whilst we may get relegated would set the club up for future sustainable long term success. 

We seem to have no plan whatsoever it just seems chaotic and scattergun. I genuinely feel Rudkin is out of his depth and doesn’t have a long term plan, it now seems to be about short term self preservation, rather than the good of the club, whilst Top will not make the tough decisions required, so the club will now drift into mediocrity, once we lose Vardy and the remaining quality we have we will end up back in the championship but mid table. 

I honestly believe without significant change at be top of the club our next relegation will lead to a decade of decline. 

• Like 3

I feel a bit sorry for Cooper, he has no support from Rudkin and Wheelan and they are the two (and their cronies) that need to go.

The fans could get verbal against them at games.

Fan groups won’t organise protests or boycotts as they are worried about fan apathy (ironically)

It’s a mess.

PLEAT OUT SHIPMAN OUT

Edited by RYM
  • Like 1

Until Rudkin and probably Top are gone, we're ****ed. They quite clearly do not know what they're doing.

Cooper is exasperated already and doesn't even know which players we're targeting.

14 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Until Rudkin and probably Top are gone, we're ****ed. They quite clearly do not know what they're doing.

Cooper is exasperated already and doesn't even know which players we're targeting.

As much as Rudkin, Top et al might be culpable I think the problem is deeper than that now. We're a PL team in name only our reputation now stinks even in the past when we we're able to attract decent players with potential and sell on value it wasn't because we were the mighty LCFC in the PL it's because we were throwing pound notes around we can't do that now.

Unattractive status and no money = We can't pay and no one wants to come here.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

As much as Rudkin, Top et al might be culpable I think the problem is deeper than that now. We're a PL team in name only our reputation now stinks even in the past when we we're able to attract decent players with potential and sell on value it wasn't because we were the mighty LCFC in the PL it's because we were throwing pound notes around we can't do that now.

Unattractive status and no money = We can't pay and no one wants to come here.

I don't disagree, but are Rudkin and Top not largely responsible for the state we're in?

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

I don't disagree, but are Rudkin and Top not largely responsible for the state we're in?

Maybe but changing them wont alter the foundations, even a new owner can't just pump money in. Not That I'm suggesting we shouldn't.

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

What frustrates me is clearly we are hamstrung financially so why are we not using our promotion and PL status to attract the best of the young EFL talent available at sensible prices. 

If we can’t compete for mid range players then be innovative and inventive sign 5 or 6 top end EFL young talents and create a young fresh vibrant side that the fans can get behind. 

Players like Harrison Burrows, Ronnie Edwards, Jordan James, Morgan Whittaker, Jonathan Rowe would have probably cost no more than £30m and have limited risk from a PSR perspective or wages and all have a high ceiling for future sales. 

These kind of signings supplemented by creating a pathway for academy talents such as Braybrooke, Nelson and Alves whilst we may get relegated would set the club up for future sustainable long term success. 

We seem to have no plan whatsoever it just seems chaotic and scattergun. I genuinely feel Rudkin is out of his depth and doesn’t have a long term plan, it now seems to be about short term self preservation, rather than the good of the club, whilst Top will not make the tough decisions required, so the club will now drift into mediocrity, once we lose Vardy and the remaining quality we have we will end up back in the championship but mid table. 

I honestly believe without significant change at be top of the club our next relegation will lead to a decade of decline. 

Exactly that but it appears the brains at the club don’t want to think alternatively or try to have a vision of what they want LCFC to be in five years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Thing is Daggers if KP do go, we'll probably be taken over by someone just the same, thats modern ownership.

They might be shit, they'd be going some to be this incompetent.

45 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Exactly that but it appears the brains at the club don’t want to think alternatively or try to have a vision of what they want LCFC to be in five years. 

This summer is going to be a massive missed opportunity, to use our promotion to build foundations to push on again, even if we get relegated. Investing in young attainable talent that enables us to build a new team that can grow and develop over the next 4/5 seasons into a side capable of challenging top half of premier league whilst also being able to develop saleable assets each summer to reinvest. 

The club enabled Rodgers to break our model, under Enzo we looked to be getting some identity and strategy again, however that seems to have disappeared and we find ourselves all over the place. 

It would appear there are cracks forming between the new manager and the club’s hierarchy, those comments about needing reinforcements seemed almost a plea of desperation and it would appear Cooper has not been massively involved in the signing of Buonotte so you have to question how much he will be involved. 

Cooper already looks forlorn and has lost a lot of his spark and energy, for a new manager to appear so frustration this early on in his tenure suggests all is far from

well and I would not be surprised to see a partlng of the ways pretty early on. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, alanf0x said:

We just need the fan base to realise that anything above 18th is a great season with the squad we have and do all we can to help the team achieve this. 

At least those saying we should be finishing 10 to 15 can now see where the current group of players are at 

I really don’t think there is one fan on this forum that is expecting anything like 10-15

I don’t think I’ve ever felt so negative going into the season. It should be totally opposite, but the club either can’t be bothered or don’t know what they’re doing. 
Unless they can make 3 signings this week we’re going to be beaten every week, some of them could be embarrassing.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 00rawat said:

Until a large amount of the fans turn on top, rudkin and whelan, and I mean protest in/outside of the stadium, banners and make it plain toxic for them , and sustain the hate for for a long time, where forever going to be in this  situation and forever talking about it on FT until they are removed. 

Can you imagine if a group of Foxestalkers rolled out a banner at the King Power mid game! 

The happy clappers would be livid. 

On 08/08/2024 at 08:23, Tielemans63 said:

You can see why Trey Nyoni left for Liverpool. He's actually been getting opportunities there (albeit in pre-season). If he'd still been here he'd have likely been held back, like Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke. Everyone's furious he left for Liverpool, but you could argue he's done exactly the right thing for his career by going to a club who will actually give him the chance to play. The treatment of talented youngsters has been really poor imho. A season in the Championship was an ideal opportunity to blood a few.

He scored today for Liverpool 

10 hours ago, RYM said:

I feel a bit sorry for Cooper, he has no support from Rudkin and Wheelan and they are the two (and their cronies) that need to go.

The fans need to get verbally toxic against them at games.

Fan groups won’t organise protests or boycotts as they are worried about fan apathy (ironically)

It’s a mess.

PLEAT OUT SHIPMAN OUT

I think pressure on king power via their twitter etc should show that their employees are trashing the club vichai built.  If this message is shown to SE asia then king power will have to sort it out.  Anthony Murrell is allowed to carry on ignoring fans by king power.  The ruinous spending now means the club are facing relegation again and cannot attract signings... again king power have appointed the people who did this and they are all still there.  Only when king power face embarrassment will they act

Edited by foxinsocks

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I think pressure on king power via their twitter etc should show that their employees are trashing the club vichai built.  If this message is shown to SE asia then king power will have to sort it out.  Anthony Murrell is allowed to carry on ignoring fans by king power.  The ruinous spending now means the club are facing relegation again and cannot attract signings... again king power have appointed the people who did this and they are all still there.  Only when king power face embarrassment will they act

If the embarrassment of getting relegated with the 7th highest wage budget in the league, having hundreds of millions worth of players walking away for free and wasting so much money that we wind up with a points deduction isn't enough to convince them something is very badly wrong, I'm not sure getting whined at on Twitter is going to be the catalyst for change

• Thanks 1