Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

25 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Yet season after season after season we all keep coming back for more.

Football fans are addicts.

as an addict of other stuff, damn yeah. never thought of it that way

36 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

As illuminating as people thinking moaning on a forum is going to change anything.

Unless we get unified and organised and ready to take actual action nothing is going to change.

The average football fan is being driven away from the game.

Ironically personally knowing some of the ‘moaners’ I’d happy say they are those who want to unify and push for change. Issue is that the average LCFC is apathetic 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

A quick google gives, in no particular order:

Everton - Kevin Thelwell 

Norwich - Ben Knapper - Norwich previously had Stuart Webber, who was never off the TV (probably went too far tbh)

Brighton - Dan Ashworth on prime time TV (now moved on to Newcastle)

Spurs - Johan Lange

Wolves - Matt Hobbs

Brentford - Phil Giles - gives an interview after every window

West Ham - Tim Steidten (albeit a joint interview with new manager)

Aston Villa - Monchi

Fulham - Tony Khan interview with fan podcast (can you see Rudkin going on BSLB?)

Arsenal - Edu

Brighton - David Weir on a 40 min club podcast on new manager - forty minutes!

Meanwhile...if you google "Jon Rudkin interview Leicester", the first interview is a reaction to an FA Youth Cup quarter final win from nine years ago. 

No interviews for 10 years is fine when we are doing well but he's been in charge for the worst relegation in Premier League history - people are right to question him. A bit of info on the general plan from the man running the club day-to-day would be a good step to rebuilding the relationship with the fans. 

Sidenote:

Not a DoF, but one of the best football club comms imo is the Plymouth Chairman, who does regular interviews:

E.g. Launching a five year plan with actual detail about how they were planning to run the club - can you imagine?

A 20 min interview upon latest managerial appointment, going into great detail on the recruitment process

Thank you for this, perhaps it is more common then.

Still, my point stands that it doesn't really bother me that we don't hear from Rudkin, and I don't think he'd stand to gain much credibility from our fans by going public.

We’ve signed two players for not that much and offered Vestegard a 3 year deal.  KDH was sold because we had to,  it’s not inspiring but pretty solid.

I wanted a squad with a bit to prove and I think we’ll have that or will do

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

We’ve signed two players for not that much and offered Vestegard a 3 year deal.  KDH was sold because we had to,  it’s not inspiring but pretty solid.

I wanted a squad with a bit to prove and I think we’ll have that or will do

We didnt have to sell KDH.

1 - We could have chosen to call the EPL bluff to see what they would do about the EFL season, at worst it would have been 2-4 points.

2 - If we accepted all the offers leaked by players/agents we would have got 23m reduced losses, which is more than 2/3 of KDH fee.

I suspect the club there might be an attempt to sell it.  The way its being run is bonkers, and decisions right now are all short termist firefighting decisions.

8 hours ago, Stadt said:

This thread is quite illuminating in a way because there’s fans just totally at peace with us being shit off the pitch 

Staggering, isn’t it. The level of compliance is pathetic. 

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The games dead. 

Yes. 

8 hours ago, Izzy said:

Yet season after season after season we all keep coming back for more.

I don’t. 

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

As illuminating as people thinking moaning on a forum is going to change anything.

Stopping handing over cash is the only solution. 

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Ironically personally knowing some of the ‘moaners’ I’d happy say they are those who want to unify and push for change. Issue is that the average LCFC is apathetic 

Couldn’t agree more. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Guest said:

On pitch - highest ever top-flight points total and joint-second best league finish (pretty remarkable given they went nine winless at the start of the season and didn't win a game until late October) while playing very good football, Iraola a manager of the season nominee and has signed a new contract, invested in promising young talents like Kerkez, Scott and Zabarnyi, if they lose someone like Solanke or Kerkez they will make a huge profit in the process

Off pitch - new training ground in development ready for use early next year, plans for a new stadium with potentially double the capacity of the current one, academy upgraded to Cat 2 status

So all the stuff Kingpower have done...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Find it a bit frustrating that Top and Susan rarely say much to the supporters, and only really in the matchday magazine.

What would you like them to say?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

We didnt have to sell KDH.

1 - We could have chosen to call the EPL bluff to see what they would do about the EFL season, at worst it would have been 2-4 points.

2 - If we accepted all the offers leaked by players/agents we would have got 23m reduced losses, which is more than 2/3 of KDH fee.

I suspect the club there might be an attempt to sell it.  The way its being run is bonkers, and decisions right now are all short termist firefighting decisions.

1) With respect, you can't blast them for failing FFP and then blast them for not also failing FFP and trying to call their bluff. 

2) What offers are you on about?

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What would you like them to say?

Maybe acknowledge the fans' concerns over certain aspects over the running of the club and what they're trying to do to rectify it etc?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Staggering, isn’t it. The level of compliance is pathetic. 

Yes. 

I don’t. 

Stopping handing over cash is the only solution. 

Couldn’t agree more. 

You don't come back season after season!?!? Yet you were the first one throwing around celebratory threads on here after promotion, like a true KPFC fan, undoubtedly garnering media and commercial revenue at the same time. I am sure you are either Donald Trump or a phantom Reform candidate.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

So all the stuff Kingpower have done...

Yes? I know you love to play the contrarian but nobody has suggested otherwise I don't think. It was stated that Bournemouth's owner has improved them and those are some examples...

5 minutes ago, Guest said:

Yes? I know you love to play the contrarian but nobody has suggested otherwise I don't think. It was stated that Bournemouth's owner has improved them and those are some examples...

I thought the original point was that an American owner is unlikely to change things much for the better here? They've done just what KP have done, and will be bound by the same issues clubs face... the constant need to replace anyone decent after they get cherry picked. 

Guys this is Leicester City - you know the drill.  Some kind of potential disaster or malaise over the summer then we have a surprising season - sometimes surprisingly bad but we wouldn't have it any other way would we?

Owners, players and managers come and go and strap ourselves in or bend over and take whats coming.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I thought the original point was that an American owner is unlikely to change things much for the better here? They've done just what KP have done, and will be bound by the same issues clubs face... the constant need to replace anyone decent after they get cherry picked. 

I would imagine so yes, best of luck to them

• Like 1

I don't think we're taking the PSR rules seriously at all and I think they'll throw the book at us because of it. 

It's great bringing players in but realistically we need to lose up to 10 from the 1st team squad as it currently stands 

Just now, CrazyKopCorner said:

I don't think we're taking the PSR rules seriously at all and I think they'll throw the book at us because of it. 

It's great bringing players in but realistically we need to lose up to 10 from the 1st team squad as it currently stands 

Why do you think that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Across the two seasons, we've lost about 15 players and therefore their massive wages. Bet it's looking a damn-sight healthier than it was!

Yes it would be ideal to get those off of the wage bill that with the best will in the world will not be contributing i.e Ward, Iversen, Souttar, Soumare, Daka (I really don't think's to Premier League standard either), 

Just those would take £10m + off of the annual wage bill 

16 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes it would be ideal to get those off of the wage bill that with the best will in the world will not be contributing i.e Ward, Iversen, Souttar, Soumare, Daka (I really don't think's to Premier League standard either), 

Just those would take £10m + off of the annual wage bill 

Barring Ward and Souttar, we'd have to replace the others because the squad is actually thin, I'm not sure we can even put a 25 together.