Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Barring Ward and Souttar, we'd have to replace the others because the squad is actually thin, I'm not sure we can even put a 25 together.

It's not if we get in the players we've brought in and been linked with. 

I think it would be ideal to have a high degree of churn 

On 08/07/2024 at 17:00, Tielemans63 said:

Not to absolve KP (although they seem to have abandoned any values they had completely), but I think this is all indicative of modern top flight football. All the joy has been bled out of the game. It's now in the hands of capitalists who have no affinity with the game, just a desire to maximise profits and minimise competition and risk. It's a business first, and a sport second.

Sorry but none of that makes sense. If it was all about making money we would not need PSR FFP. Allowable losses of 35m with numerous clubs breaking that one way or another is not making money.

11 hours ago, Babylon said:

Here is the issue, your opinion isn’t necessarily the right opinion. For every person that shares your opinion, will be another who thinks entirely differently. 

We’ve seen it all the time at fans forums etc… get rid of the clappers, don’t get rid of the clappers, play x type of music, play y type of music. 

Getting consensus amongst fans is almost impossible, so whose opinion are you want to follow? So they are likely to only offer up platitudes that they will get moaned at for. 

So, like the vast majority of clubs they just keep their mouths shut. 

A forum for fans to really get across how they feel would be worthwhile and to have someone high up there would be nice so they understand different opinions, but as I say you always get differing opinions at them. 

Get off foxestalk and start running the club properly then Jon

2 hours ago, 1972 Fox said:

@Babylon more active than ever in his KP apologist role today lol.

Maybe he is actually Rudkin! :ph34r:

He actually makes some balanced points - which is contrast to the complete negativity on this forum these days, you’d have thought we’d got back to back relegations not up as Champions the first time of asking. 

• Like 1

On 09/07/2024 at 03:14, Guest said:

On pitch - highest ever top-flight points total and joint-second best league finish (pretty remarkable given they went nine winless at the start of the season and didn't win a game until late October) while playing very good football, Iraola a manager of the season nominee and has signed a new contract, invested in promising young talents like Kerkez, Scott and Zabarnyi, if they lose someone like Solanke or Kerkez they will make a huge profit in the process

Off pitch - new training ground in development ready for use early next year, plans for a new stadium with potentially double the capacity of the current one, academy upgraded to Cat 2 status

If we are using those metrics... oh dear...
Rudkin became DoF in 2014.... and well, since then.... LCFC have done quite well :)  Im not defending him or the club, but no club outside the stupid 6 have come close to ours in the past decade.

Having said that, football is eating itsself and as long as we put $ into it, we are helping to feed it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2024 at 18:43, CosbehFox said:

Not necessarily the case. Ask Bournemouth fans what they think of Bill Foley. He’s moved them on significantly on and off the pitch. 

On 08/07/2024 at 19:34, coolhandfox said:

Based on what metrics? 

On 08/07/2024 at 20:14, Guest said:

On pitch - highest ever top-flight points total and joint-second best league finish (pretty remarkable given they went nine winless at the start of the season and didn't win a game until late October) while playing very good football, Iraola a manager of the season nominee and has signed a new contract, invested in promising young talents like Kerkez, Scott and Zabarnyi, if they lose someone like Solanke or Kerkez they will make a huge profit in the process

Off pitch - new training ground in development ready for use early next year, plans for a new stadium with potentially double the capacity of the current one, academy upgraded to Cat 2 status

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c7295x478wro

Here's an owner giving an update which is really enlightening - gives a realistic ambition, allays some fans fears as well. 

Proof it's less about 'Americans', more about if the ownership is from a corporate wealth background or not. Foley learnt from the Golden Knights experience in building something and how fans are a huge part of that.  

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Apart from at the end of 22/23 when he whinged in the programme notes at the fans when they were critical of him aiding and abetting the most embarrassing relegation in the leagues history. 

Ridiculous hyperbole, you think getting relegated by 2 points on the last day is more embarrassing than Derby's 11 points in 2007/08?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Have never heard/seen Top etc directly address supporter concerns.

No and to be honest, a bit more communication would at least help a bit. Instead they are obsessed with having this image of being a “private club” 

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

Ridiculous hyperbole, you think getting relegated by 2 points on the last day is more embarrassing than Derby's 11 points in 2007/08?

100%

Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy, Barnes…

We should have never been in the bottom half with the side we had, let alone the relegation zone.

Id be intrigued to know how many sides in europes top leagues have been relegated in the same time frame as us after winning the league (excluding relegations for fraud, fixing etc)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

Derby were a dreadful team who came up through the play-offs, we had just finished in the top half for the fifth consecutive season.

We should never, ever have been in the conversation for relegation. 12th would've been a bad season.

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
32 minutes ago, dooflip said:

100%

Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy, Barnes…

We should have never been in the bottom half with the side we had, let alone the relegation zone.

Id be intrigued to know how many sides in europes top leagues have been relegated in the same time frame as us after winning the league (excluding relegations for fraud, fixing etc)

I really have never understood this. I must have posted c143 times during that season that we had a shocking defence.

Ward played most of the season in goal. Faes was awful, Souttar was awful and Amartey was a joke at Premiership level. I had no surprise we were finally relegated. You simply can’t play in the Premiership with that defence. 
But, of course, on here no-one listened and we had the usual suspects making the usual defences of players, the club etc.

If you really took off your blue tints, you could see how bad we were. Right from the start of the season where we were leaking goals like a fookin sieve.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I really have never understood this. I must have posted c143 times during that season that we had a shocking defence.

Ward played most of the season in goal. Faes was awful, Souttar was awful and Amartey was a joke at Premiership level. I had no surprise we were finally relegated. You simply can’t play in the Premiership with that defence. 
But, of course, on here no-one listened and we had the usual suspects making the usual defences of players, the club etc.

If you really took off your blue tints, you could see how bad we were. Right from the start of the season where we were leaking goals like a fookin sieve.

and yet the results against the dog shit teams relegated us.

1 hour ago, SpacedX said:

I swear this forum gets more ridiculous by the day. 

Wouldn’t say it’s a terrible shout to be fair.

Biggest wage bill to ever get relegated? We were absolutely awful from the start.

Whole thing was an embarrassment given where we’d been in the years before.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If the manager had done his job properly the defence should have had Iversen, Soyuncu and Evans in it. Not amazing but better than the usual set up that season.