Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

the direction on the pitch is heading in the right direction(playing side wise)

but off the pitch, my word its a shambles, it has been for years, these been a massive disconnect between the club and fans for a long while now, so far from reality with some decisions is boggling if they are even on this planet or have an IQ above 20

3 minutes ago, Ryy said:

A tenner to watch tonight instead of a free live 😂

That’s wild if so. 

Operation take every penny continues.

Thank you for your continued support, foxes never quit etc etc

6 minutes ago, SickoDicko said:

I'm not surprised anymore that someone at the top has gone yeah £10 to watch a pre season friendly via our crap stream seems perfectly reasonable - match tickets were the same price weren't they?  

Match tickets were £12 (+ £1.50 booking fee) - though it states £10 on the actual ticket. Was that another scam on our club's behalf?

43 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It was a massive under performance and fall from grace but nowhere near the "most embarrassing relegation in the league's history" .

Seriously does anyone think Derby fans saw us get relegated and thought "blimey, I'm glad that monkey's off our back"?

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Tbf in a completely different era where the financial imbalance wasn’t so large. In the case of Liverpool you are using a relegation suffered in 1953! On the same notion, they got promoted in 1962 and won the league in 1964, which is near impossible now

Any team winning a trophy has a significant advantage over other clubs because of financial rules etc.  

Erm we did it... that was the start of the sub thread.

You have to take a historical look at things when it takes seven years to fit the criteria of the question.

But if you're absolutely determined to run the club down, it was the worst moment in sporting history and we will be ridiculed around the world for eternity because of it.

47 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Erm we did it... that was the start of the sub thread.

You have to take a historical look at things when it takes seven years to fit the criteria of the question.

But if you're absolutely determined to run the club down, it was the worst moment in sporting history and we will be ridiculed around the world for eternity because of it.

I didn't say anything about running down the club's achievement. I highlighted how incredibly unlikely and unique it was - I used the term near impossible. It is hard now to going against the financial winds to achieve success from a lower division and in each measure, that applies to the bottom of the table - if you are newly promoted side, it's harder than ever to surpass established top flight clubs to stay up. That's the current way of football in the last fifteen years and we beat it the system. Equally then getting relegated seven years after, two years after Cup success and a year after playing in Europe is rotten. Your revenues are way higher than the majority of the league. That's a major failure. 

Using examples from the 1950s, 1960s and 1980s to 'lessen' the failure isn't an appropriate comparison. Clubs in that era didn't have such a financial imbalance to fight against. Winning the league didn't mean shedloads of money to protect yourself and teams entering the league were on an even level. So examples of Championship winning Wolves in 1950s being relegated a few years later is an example of the same major failure that happened at LCFC. 

Edited by CosbehFox

48 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

It was a massive under performance and fall from grace but nowhere near the "most embarrassing relegation in the league's history" .

Seriously does anyone think Derby fans saw us get relegated and thought "blimey, I'm glad that monkey's off our back"?

You seem to be misunderstanding the word "underperformance" 

No one is contesting that that our relegation in 22/23 with 34 points is a worse performance than Derby's 11 points 07/08

But it's about context, hence my use of the word underperformance - i.e performance relative to wider context of the situation. We finished top half 5 seasons in a row and then went down. No one's ever done that before. 

Derby had come up when they shouldn't have and made little to no investments in the team - their overall situation was doomed from the start. 

• Like 1

Flicking through my copy of the Foxes Trust report following their meeting with the Board to run through the in depth analysis of the Teams performance during the 22/23 season, it seems the fault lies with the Toilet cleaners at Seagrave.

Thus this new change of direction.

Things will get better.

49 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

You seem to be misunderstanding the word "underperformance" 

No one is contesting that that our relegation in 22/23 with 34 points is a worse performance than Derby's 11 points 07/08

But it's about context, hence my use of the word underperformance - i.e performance relative to wider context of the situation. We finished top half 5 seasons in a row and then went down. No one's ever done that before. 

Derby had come up when they shouldn't have and made little to no investments in the team - their overall situation was doomed from the start. 

Thanks, I'm aware of what underperformance means. You were responding to me regarding it being "the most embarrassing relegation in history". I doubt any neutral would, when asked, pick our relegation as being that. 

It was very disappointing, a rapid fall from grace but it was not anything approaching that description.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

I didn't say anything about running down the club's achievement. I highlighted how incredibly unlikely and unique it was - I used the term near impossible. It is hard now to going against the financial winds to achieve success from a lower division and in each measure, that applies to the bottom of the table - if you are newly promoted side, it's harder than ever to surpass established top flight clubs to stay up. That's the current way of football in the last fifteen years and we beat it the system. Equally then getting relegated seven years after, two years after Cup success and a year after playing in Europe is rotten. Your revenues are way higher than the majority of the league. That's a major failure. 

Using examples from the 1950s, 1960s and 1980s to 'lessen' the failure isn't an appropriate comparison. Clubs in that era didn't have such a financial imbalance to fight against. Winning the league didn't mean shedloads of money to protect yourself and teams entering the league were on an even level. So examples of Championship winning Wolves in 1950s being relegated a few years later is an example of the same major failure that happened at LCFC. 

Ok, we'll leave out the historic ones and you're right it's the only example in the last decade or, put another way, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool haven't been relegated.

3 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

I'm not surprised anymore that someone at the top has gone yeah £10 to watch a pre season friendly via our crap stream seems perfectly reasonable - match tickets were the same price weren't they?  

Match tickets should be free, and the stream for a $10 is fair (if it was a competitive match)

All PSR has actually achieved is raising prices for the fans. Clubs now have an extra pressure to make every penny count and that’s being pushed to the fans at every corner.  

I don’t think it’s the clubs being greedy and , trying to line their pockets, it’s just trying to improve that competitive edge. 

We are pushing towards what sports are like in North America and we will be hitting $500 tickets in 5 years for big games… this independent regulator needs to arrive pronto! 

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

every penny should be going to shrewsbury 

There shouldn’t be a charge full stop for a pointless friendly to be streamed. Should be a chance for the club to showcase their live streams, show fans the new squad etc. You’d probably make access free to the game on the app if you wanted to push that thing but apart from “take all their money” there isn’t a plan in place at this club for anything. 

It’s just another way the club choose to alienate the fans. If the money is going to Shrewsbury then they should say that in the messaging but they don’t. It’s basic comms / transparency which we are so bad at. 

The club give it large saying they are serious about Fan Engagement and Fan Communications but if the EPL didn’t have tick boxes for them they wouldn’t even be saying that or even have a posh new PA / Head of FE for our comms director.

• Like 2

Can’t remember when or who we played in a friendly, but was back with Vichai and I’m sure he gave the full gate to the team we played, Oxford maybe?

Probably wasn’t much money at all, but from that, to charging £10 is disappointing.

I'm not planning on paying and have never used Foxes Hub. Can you watch this on a TV or do you have to make do with a phone or iPad/tablet?

13 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm not planning on paying and have never used Foxes Hub. Can you watch this on a TV or do you have to make do with a phone or iPad/tablet?

hdmi cable from a laptop is pretty much the only way to put it on tv 

• Thanks 1