Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Concerns about the direction of the club

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Obvious what direction the club is moving in.

At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a fvcking 😷 

Turpin should be our new mascot, Filbert has been stuffed and Adam Ants I'm a dandy highwayman needs to be our new anthem.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't suppose it's occurred to anyone that it's Shrewsburys home game and they get to decide whether it's streamed and what to charge?

Both Clubs would have to agree that you can stream, the cost is usually a choice of the streaming club. 

Edited by RYM

Just now, RYM said:

Both Clubs would have to agree that you can stream, the cost is a choice of the streaming club. 

If Shrewsbury charge and we don't ,everyone will watch our coverage and they won't make anything . There's no way they would agree to that.

You'll all watch it on a dodgy stream anyway so why the faux outrage?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We will still have over 30k in the stadium first game of the season. Until they do something to p off a lot more people, anyone dissenting will be the minority. 

We all swallowed it up and bought them cards begrudgingly, to which the club claim it went to charity but now haven't told anyone if it did or if the trust has donated money anywhere. Enough people will buy the stream to justify it, because it's easier than getting ads running on your stream apparently. Even sticking it on Twitch, kick or YouTube live would work, but too much like hard work. 

UFS called for a boycott of club services wherepossible, but that just pissed off the Facebook nutters who say we just should be grateful because we won the prem. Foxes Trust do some statements, but I will not speak much on them until after that emergency meeting has been planned and completed. 

Upped the point requirements for tickets for members, will not make a general sale/booking history option this season for sure. So take revenue one way and throw it away in others.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't suppose it's occurred to anyone that it's Shrewsburys home game and they get to decide whether it's streamed and what to charge?

Birmingham played them on Saturday and it was a fiver. Same when they play Derby on the forthcoming Saturday. 

• Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Birmingham played them on Saturday and it was a fiver. Same when they play Derby on the forthcoming Saturday. 

Birmingham and Derby aren't Premier league.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

Birmingham and Derby aren't Premier league.

Exactly. So how can clubs without the cash reserves or the media facilities of a Premier League club charge it out at £5? They'd be more likely to lose money from it. 

Especially when you consider say Ipswich are charging a £5 for their games too. 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Exactly. So how can clubs without the cash reserves or the media facilities of a Premier League club charge it out at £5? They'd be more likely to lose money from it. 

Especially when you consider say Ipswich are charging a £5 for their games too. 

It's Shrewsburys game. Maybe they want the extra money.

BTW, you'd moan if it was a fiver too.

Edited by Webbo

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Shrewsbury don't get the money. They are not streaming it. The money goes to the streaming party. 

So they're not not getting any money from this? I find that hard to believe. 

Just now, Webbo said:

So they're not not getting any money from this? I find that hard to believe. 

They might charge a hosting fee which is nominal but they want people in the ground at £12 + anything they buy at the ground. We've sold out our allocation at our end - but there's plenty of seats for Shrewsbury. 

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Turpin should be our new mascot, Filbert has been stuffed and Adam Ants I'm a dandy highwayman needs to be our new anthem.

FFS hadn't even thought of this. Top can release it back home. All his influencers will push it to number one. Yet more millions for him.

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

He could do the corrie version.

STAN ITSMY LIVER.

51 minutes ago, 1972 Fox said:

What? a generalised moan without any particular focus based, it seems, on events since the end of last season.

I could joyously pick the OP apart but I've better things to do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Sorry for trying to inject some reason into your hate fest. I won't bother again.

What? You have your point of view?

Stick by your thoughts. It's all about supporting your team not what others think

8 hours ago, sylofox said:

What? You have your point of view?

Stick by your thoughts. It's all about supporting your team not what others think

I can't be bothered,  this place is such a bore now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t agree with the £10 thing. It’s extortionate and out of order. 

im not up on the whole psr and ffp rules but is there something in there around exploring new avenues of income or is it just directly numbers based?

10 minutes ago, teblin said:

im not up on the whole psr and ffp rules but is there something in there around exploring new avenues of income or is it just directly numbers based?

Well what we can spend will explicitly be linked to turnover, so increasing turnover will always help. Only thing is that this kind of revenue stream seems very much a drop in the ocean. 

I do have a hunch that they may be doing it as a bit of a defence when we present our case on our previous breach though. A bit of a "look at all the ways we've started bringing money in" type thing.

27 minutes ago, teblin said:

It's about they gambled and lost and now want us to get them out of there mess.

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

FFS hadn't even thought of this. Top can release it back home. All his influencers will push it to number one. Yet more millions for him.

Shameless Plug...... Adam is playing demontfort Hall November 8th- Don't be square be there !