Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

Just now, st albans fox said:

We’re not known for our generosity on exit clauses 

I would be pushing for a very advantageous exit clause on relegation for my client if I was his agent. 

We know how this goes - bid accepted and then it takes until mid August for signature to be done 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Stats Overload time!

23VEvLA.png

GPhlbu1.png

dx3gVfe.png

^ Keeping some good company here. Interesting he's similar to TWO Fulham players, to me that says more about the system they use, which is something to take a look at. Similarities to Xavi Simons and Koopmeiners is exciting.

7UbRixp.png

^ Yes I'm including FM24 stats! These are suprisingly well done and often do highlight players with a lot of potential. This guy's got tons of it and I feel like if this player settled in England you've easily got a player that will appreciate 50-100% in value. Though a very different type of player, I get Julian Alvarez vibes.

We may stick to the system from last year where it's a 433 out of possesion, but 3241 when in possesion. I see this guy as being pretty versatile. He could be competition for Fatawu, or could be used along with him. With the modern game and the number of subs you an use, having depth and being able to change the game from the bench is very important. At last even Southgate has worked that out through Ollie Watkins!

Goes to show how these statistical websites analyse things differently lol 

Going off Wyscout’s analysis of Progressive Runs which I’m guessing is FBREF’s equivalent to carries :dunno:

A2734-D8-B-858-F-4-C06-8221-60-C085-D7-C

For their respective positions last season, of central midfielders in the Championship, KDH ranked 3rd for Progressive Runs per90.

While for wide right players in Serie A last season, Soule ranked 4th for Progressive Runs per90. 

If we sign him and the intention is for him to play central, then I can see him filling the void that KDH has left behind when it comes to progressive runs/carries. 

Also touching on his creativity as I mentioned last night, for a bit more context...

Soule Key Passes - 34

Soule Key Passes per90 - 0.91 

KDH Key Passes - 40

KDH Key Passes per90 - 0.91 

Soule Smart Passes - 56

Soule Smart Passes per90 - 1.50

KDH Smart Passes - 51

KDH Smart Passes per90 - 1.16 

In terms of dribbling they are of course two completely different players, so no point comparing them on that part. 

But Soule’s successful dribbling percentage is only 45.86% according to Wyscout, but when your name sits between Kvaratskhelia and Rafael Leao in the overall dribbling statistics, you gotta hype him up :thumbup:

• Like 2

Just now, CosbehFox said:

We know how this goes - bid accepted and then it takes until mid August for signature to be done 

I’m pretty sure that there are other interested clubs waiting to see what we manage to drop juve down to 

they know we can play the ‘we’re broke’ card in negotiations 

if we dawdle we could be gazumped 

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Going off Wyscout’s analysis of Progressive Runs which I’m guessing is FBREF’s equivalent to carries :dunno:

For their respective positions last season, of central midfielders in the Championship, KDH ranked 3rd for Progressive Runs per90.

While for wide right players in Serie A last season, Soule ranked 4th for Progressive Runs per90. 

If we sign him and the intention is for him to play central, then I can see him filling the void that KDH has left behind when it comes to progressive runs/carries. 

Also touching on his creativity as I mentioned last night, for a bit more context...

Soule Key Passes - 34

KDH Key Passes - 40

Soule Smart Passes - 56

KDH Smart Passes - 51

In terms of dribbling they are of course two completely different players, so no point comparing them on that part. 

But Soule’s successful dribbling percentage is only 45.86% according to Wyscout, but when your name sits between Kvaratskhelia and Rafael Leao in the overall dribbling statistics, you gotta hype him up :thumbup:

To be fair to any analysis platform, in this case we are comparing two very different types of player, as one was a CAM who was asked to box crash, and the other was a wide forward.

I would be shocked if we got this player, just because his potential is extremely high. It's crazy that Leicester can sign one of Juventus' top propsects given our current situation!

Cons
- Not played in England

- Might not settle in the area

- Doesn't speak English (as far as I know)

Pros

- Proven at a high level already with great output in a struggling team

- Clear talent and resale / upside potential

In recent seasons I've felt quite jealous seeing teams like Forest, Brighton, Wolves, Bournemouth even sign players like Danilo, Ansu Fati, Cunha, Faivre. This guy feels like the first time we trying to make a marquee signing since Daka. We'd really need him to come off though if we signed him. He might seem less glamorous, but I think Matt O'Reily from Celtic is more likely to be a proven signing, whereas Soule could go either way.

25 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2019_07/7AF126A3-7223-4DF0-B598-9475B586358E.jpeg.8c40e4f6ac592aae14a03e9d341d2142.jpeg

Why does the guy in the aisle look like he's about to do something bad either to the woman in front, or on the journey for the other passengers like he's in a Taken film... 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I meant for the player 

Ah, I suppose for him he is looking at our track record. Generally speaking they move on to decent clubs. So he might think it’s a great opportunity for him to develop his career and then make his inevitable move to Chelsea. But it’s a win, win for us! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

Soule Key Passes - 34

KDH Key Passes - 40

Soule Smart Passes - 56

KDH Smart Passes - 51

FBRef's progressive carries are defined as one that moves the ball 10 yards towards the opposition's goal "from it's furthest point within the last six passes", or any carry that ends in the opponent's penalty area. Excludes carries that end in your own half.

• Like 1

He's done his time in Italy now why would he want Roma? They won't win anything. He's better off coming to the prem to a team like us where he will play every week and he will get himself more exposure, recognition and get a big move. I like the look of him, and 11 goals in a relegated side ain't too shabby.

The fact that we're apparently willing to spend around £25m on a wonderkid and even £5m on Golding who's made 1 senior appearance makes me wonder if we actually have way more money to spend than we thought this summer. Hopefully the money we've saved on wages by a lot of big earners leaving in the last 2 summers means we can start being ambitious again and get a quality striker in for £20-30m.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxesfan98 said:

The fact that we're apparently willing to spend around £25m on a wonderkid and even £5m on Golding who's made 1 senior appearance makes me wonder if we actually have way more money to spend than we thought this summer. Hopefully the money we've saved on wages by a lot of big earners leaving in the last 2 summers means we can start being ambitious again and get a quality striker in for £20-30m.

Exactly what I was thinking...I guess they will be spreading the payments over a number of years and hopefully not going mad with wages. 

There's also the likelihood that other big earners will also move on (Soumare, Souttar, Kristiansen, Daka etc.)

Edited by kingpower
  • Like 1

Wages are the killer when it comes to sustainability and also being able to sell players 

if we’re buying young players then they should have decent resale value if their wages aren’t ridiculous. Even if we aren’t making money we only have to cover their amortised value on sale to break even with psr in that season. 

• Like 1