Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s bloody ridiculous that we nearly blew promotion because we couldn’t afford €2m 6 months ago lol

We could afford it. It was FFP and the fact is was a stupid deal that stopped us. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not Trincao vibes I've got from this, it's Wesley Fofana. We've identified a young player we want at all costs and are going for it big time.

Jake will be fuming if he finds out we’re spending £25-30m of the kings beans on a player………

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not Trincao vibes I've got from this, it's Wesley Fofana. We've identified a young player we want at all costs and are going for it big time.

Definitely feels a lot more like that. I do wonder if we need him right now though, compared with other positions on the pitch (central midfield in particular).

Will be some incredible competition for Fatawu though, should that all still go through!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness he was out on loan at one of the smallest clubs in the league that went down fairly pitifully with 8 wins all year.

He was generally their stand out player and he created a lot of very good chances that were largely wasted by Frosinone's poor array of forwards.

Groundhog Day for the kid then 😀

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Phenom said:

What about guys like Fofana, Maguire and Maddison? How did they work out?

(I thought) I was quite clearly making a point about players we were linked to for big money that we didn't sign, a situation that some are bemoaning that have not gone on to do anything since to justify their price tags yet people are bringing them up as though we've missed out when the evidence suggests we didn't. You've just reeled off 3 players we did sign, two of which wouldn't have been considered big money, who subsequently did well for us. I could retort with A.Silva, Slimani, Musa but similarly that's nothing to do with the point I made.

Of course if you were just asking a straight question then they worked out well. Thanks for asking.

Edited by JimJams

11 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I don’t get excited until it happens.. I’ve learnt from losing the wheel

Yep.  Anderson Perry vibes here.  There will doubtless be talk of a Fridge and Leverkusen shortly.

1 minute ago, Fox_in_a_Box said:

How do we all of a sudden have money to spend?

Check out the Albanian Barber shops in Leicester…

34 minutes ago, Fox_in_a_Box said:

How do we all of a sudden have money to spend?

Either because it’s a new accounting period or because Rudkin, Top and Whelan have undergone mind erasure procedures like the one in Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind and now have zero recollection that we breached PSR in 2020-23. Hopefully the former🤞

• Haha 3