Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

54 minutes ago, joeybside said:

Genuinely thought this kind of monetary amount was not applicable for us this season

As long as it’s a 4-5 year deal it’s fine, new PSR accounting period, divide the fee by the number of years on the contract and that’s the loss on this years accounts. We could get 2 or 3 around the 20m mark on 5 year deals I reckon. Probably central mids. 

If he comes in and has a couple of standout seasons we sell him on for a big fee to no doubt the likes of Chelsea, brilliant business 

Good to see the club trying to get business done fairly early 

On 09/07/2024 at 13:45, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Even though it’s mentioned alot, I don’t think people give enough credit for that peno.

It was how he didn’t even wait a second after it was given to call for the ball.

Love him forever for that shit.

And he didn't just smash It down the middle as I'm sure loads would to ensure hitting the target, he tucked it right in the side netting. Massive bollocks to do that with the pressure on him at the time. 

Coat a fortune my arse 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JimJams said:

Nice to get him, not overly arsed if we don't.

In this thread people have mentioned "missing out" on Trincao, Gonzalez, Madueke amongst others.

And aside from us missing out, there's something else they all have in common. 

They've done fxxk all since we missed out.  Certainly nothing that makes the reported fees at the time look in any way justified. Trincao being the worst.  Looked good in Portugal, crap in Spain, crap in England and oh look, he looks decent in Portugal again.  Madueke doing so well they tried to replace him with Olise almost immediately after his arrival.  Gonzalez has decent stats again but he likes an injury layoff.  It could all have been different had they signed for us but as it stands they're generally looking like bullets dodged for the fees bandied about at the time. All similar to this supposed fee.

It would be nice to steal in ahead of a club like Roma though too.

Others include that Iranian with the big reputation that we were convinced was signing for us from a Dutch club that eventually went to Brighton. Forgotten his name which says it all.

Aranguiz was another we 'missed' out on :sweating:

Just now, Spudulike said:

Others include that Iranian with the big reputation that we were convinced was signing for us from a Dutch club that eventually went to Brighton.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The transfer fee is amortised. People see £30 million and think it’s all coming out the accounts at the same time, it’s £6 million a year spread over his 5 year contract. We aren’t skint, we’ve been handcuffed by the PSR rules. There’s a massive difference. 

Stop talking sense please? 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

This sounds incredibly exciting but it does seem like he is primarily a right winger rather than a 10. His heat map is heavily biased towards the righthand side of the pitch, for example. And looking at Frosinone's formations from last season, he almost always played as a RW. Are we certain he could he effective as a 10, assuming that Abdul will start on the right? Would be a lot of money to spend if we're aiming to shoehorn him into a position that he hasn't played much at all from what I can see. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This sounds incredibly exciting but it does seem like he is primarily a right winger rather than a 10. His heat map is heavily biased towards the righthand side of the pitch, for example. And looking at Frosinone's formations from last season, he almost always played as a RW. Are we certain he could he effective as a 10, assuming that Abdul will start on the right? Would be a lot of money to spend if we're aiming to shoehorn him into a position that he hasn't played much at all from what I can see. 

I think two of Mavididi, Fatawu and Soule if we sign him will play in a variety of positions behind the main striker. Possibly even all three.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think two of Mavididi, Fatawu and Soule if we sign him will play in a variety of positions behind the main striker. Possibly even all three.

Feel like we will return to a fast counter attacking team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So, maybe a 3421 against the strongest teams and then a 4231 in other games? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think in the battle we'll be in next season, it might be the best way to go. 

44 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The transfer fee is amortised. People see £30 million and think it’s all coming out the accounts at the same time, it’s £6 million a year spread over his 5 year contract. We aren’t skint, we’ve been handcuffed by the PSR rules. There’s a massive difference. 

The club is skint. King Power aren't.

Edited by AKCJ

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

. Daka basically is the only one who's equipped, physically, to play a solo role up front. There is nobody else capable. 

Which,.I wonder,.there may be times we forgo entirely a man up top and just play a false nine and the three lads - Stephy, Fatawu and this new lad high and play on the break

Looking at him on YT reminds me of a South American Will Alves.

With Soule, Alves, Fatawu and Mavadidi - we could have four absolutely devastating attackers on their day. 

Exciting times.