Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

18 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

. Daka basically is the only one who's equipped, physically, to play a solo role up front. There is nobody else capable. 

Which,.I wonder,.there may be times we forgo entirely a man up top and just play a false nine and the three lads - Stephy, Fatawu and this new lad high and play on the break

Daka is definitely not suited to one up front, based on last season.

If Soulé plays quite close to him, however...

1 hour ago, em9999 said:

Leicester city got 30 mil from the two year sponsorship deal adds up 

If we see all that money I’ll be amazed. 

Give it a year and Swiss Ramble will have unearthed it’s owned by a Russian oligarch or some teenage crypto millionaire with fake accounts. 

1 minute ago, Stopharage said:

If we see all that money I’ll be amazed. 

Give it a year and Swiss Ramble will have unearthed it’s owned by a Russian oligarch or some teenage crypto millionaire with fake accounts. 

I'm assuming that doesn't entirely matter. 

I don't think the club is actually particularly cash poor or financially unstable. Yes, we probably have a mountain of loans and debts but almost every club in the world operates like that. 

Our biggest issue is what we're allowed to spend and if we've got contracted sponsorship deals to the tune of X million then we're allowed to spend X million. If we can prove to the league we're due that income then all is good. 

I highly doubt we'd be penalised in terms of PSR / FFP if a company contracted to pay us breached that contract by failing to do so in time or at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

I think it's because he's shit.

I'd like to hear your reasoning and evidence for that. Take as long as you need. 

I'll happily respond in kind. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

HOT DEAL! 

What I said #Soulè to #Leicester is a total yes. #Juventus and the English club work to find the quadra. With a distance of around 6-7 million, it can be filled and balanced with eventual bonuses. Very warm treat

Looking forward to the warm treat...

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd like to hear your reasoning and evidence for that. Take as long as you need. 

I'll happily respond in kind. 

I know you have the stats ready to post as you’ve done many times before but…

Does he pass your eye test? I love his pace and work rate, it just feels like something is missing with him.

A lot of his goals felt like scruffy taps ins and he never looked comfortable to me when presented with good chances. He’s very untidy with his touch and passing too.

But having said that if Cooper is looking at playing that fast transition style of football he may be a big asset. He’s the sort of player I’d love to prove me wrong though as I can’t help but like him.

• Like 1

Didn't we see all this "It's a yes, deal done, here we go" stuff with Sensi in January from the Italian Journos?

19 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

I know you have the stats ready to post as you’ve done many times before but…

Does he pass your eye test? I love his pace and work rate, it just feels like something is missing with him.

A lot of his goals felt like scruffy taps ins and he never looked comfortable to me when presented with good chances. He’s very untidy with his touch and passing too.

But having said that if Cooper is looking at playing that fast transition style of football he may be a big asset. He’s the sort of player I’d love to prove me wrong though as I can’t help but like him.

I actually think he passed the eye test last year a lot more than I was expecting to be honest. 

For the record, I think the "eye test" is an absolute joke. History is full of technically gifted players with a good centre of gravity who looked pretty in possession and contributed **** all. Dennis Praet is probably one of the best ever examples of the eye test in action, he looks like such an elegant footballer AND he runs around a lot. Double eye test points. He does absolutely nothing of worth on a pitch. 

But yeah, that said, Patson Daka's season last year was a really good example of confirmation bias. Now I'm aware someone will reverse that on me because they think I'm in love with him and it's become a bit of a meme. But actually his all round contributions to build up play were really smart last year. He had some really good touches and carries dropping in, taking the ball well, holding it up, put in some really neat passes. I thought Enzo's system looked it's best with Daka playing. But people just didn't see it. His good contributions are completely invisible to people who have made up their mind and only see it the odd time he mis controls or has a scruffy shot. 

I thought he'd be a weak link in the build up under Enzo but he looked a much better technical footballer than he had under Rodgers tbh. 

But it doesn't really matter does it? It's not just his "tap ins" is it (and we talk about how many scruffy tap ins Haaland scores and the art of good positioning) but he actually put in a good number of assists per 90 minutes too. Numbers matter, stats matter, productivity matters. Far more than aesthetics. 

Rachid Ghezzal is an elegant footballer, would you take him over Marc Albrighton? 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Didn't we see all this "It's a yes, deal done, here we go" stuff with Sensi in January from the Italian Journos?

Fab never committed.

If we sign this lad I still think we may play Fatawu left side of a 4. 

Feeling pretty mixed about this one tbh.

The two reservations I have are the cost and his natural position.

30m is a serious wedge - I can’t help but think there are good alternatives that would cost a lot less - I’m sure Ric Flair would be able to tell us if there are, and who.

He’s no doubt a decent player, but does seem a bit of a gamble, especially as he’s a winger that we look like we are signing to play down the middle.

if we sign him to play down the middle and it doesn’t work, it then means one of him or Fatawu are on the bench - that would be criminal given our financial situation.

Though one thought I did have, was that we may be planning for the future in that Fatawu may be sold in a year or so. If this lad can play centrally in the short term, we may then move him out wide when Fatawu gets sold for silly money, probably to Chelsea.

a side note though, is if we are spunking 30m on players, and having signed what appears to be a starting Cb, why the hell have we offered vesty a 3 year deal?

Honestly, supporting Leicester is bizarre. Our club seem to love to defy simple logic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dooflip said:

Feeling pretty mixed about this one tbh.

The two reservations I have are the cost and his natural position.

30m is a serious wedge - I can’t help but think there are good alternatives that would cost a lot less - I’m sure Ric Flair would be able to tell us if there are, and who.

He’s no doubt a decent player, but does seem a bit of a gamble, especially as he’s a winger that we look like we are signing to play down the middle.

if we sign him to play down the middle and it doesn’t work, it then means one of him or Fatawu are on the bench - that would be criminal given our financial situation.

Though one thought I did have, was that we may be planning for the future in that Fatawu may be sold in a year or so. If this lad can play centrally in the short term, we may then move him out wide when Fatawu gets sold for silly money, probably to Chelsea.

a side note though, is if we are spunking 30m on players, and having signed what appears to be a starting Cb, why the hell have we offered vesty a 3 year deal?

Honestly, supporting Leicester is bizarre. Our club seem to love to defy simple logic.

I can’t answer the rest of it, but we have signed vesty because it was done before Maresca left and could probably not  back out I think. Stevie cooper obviously doesn’t fancy him as he signed one he wanted. So bad planing really and didn’t expect Maresca to leave