Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

12 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Lots of replies saying that Roma won’t spend that amount of money. Maybe they’ll get him with big bonuses and structure the deal over a few years. If we really want him we need to go for it quickly. 

It says a lot when Juventus fans are gutted he’s leaving and Roma fans are desperate for him to sign. Yet a couple on here have concerns 😂

Juve need a good chunk of money now. 

He’d become Roma’s fifth most expensive signing ever - when you consider two of those above him are Cassano and Batustuta too….

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I don't like the vibe of this one. It feels like a lot of effort that will likely come to nout. The foxes are perhaps pawns in a larger bidding / sales war. Don't lose time and energy unless it feels a genuine possibility.

It’s the way the average transfer deal works. Except Juve have been incredibly public to try and get the price up. 

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I actually think he passed the eye test last year a lot more than I was expecting to be honest. 

For the record, I think the "eye test" is an absolute joke. History is full of technically gifted players with a good centre of gravity who looked pretty in possession and contributed **** all. Dennis Praet is probably one of the best ever examples of the eye test in action, he looks like such an elegant footballer AND he runs around a lot. Double eye test points. He does absolutely nothing of worth on a pitch. 

But yeah, that said, Patson Daka's season last year was a really good example of confirmation bias. Now I'm aware someone will reverse that on me because they think I'm in love with him and it's become a bit of a meme. But actually his all round contributions to build up play were really smart last year. He had some really good touches and carries dropping in, taking the ball well, holding it up, put in some really neat passes. I thought Enzo's system looked it's best with Daka playing. But people just didn't see it. His good contributions are completely invisible to people who have made up their mind and only see it the odd time he mis controls or has a scruffy shot. 

I thought he'd be a weak link in the build up under Enzo but he looked a much better technical footballer than he had under Rodgers tbh. 

But it doesn't really matter does it? It's not just his "tap ins" is it (and we talk about how many scruffy tap ins Haaland scores and the art of good positioning) but he actually put in a good number of assists per 90 minutes too. Numbers matter, stats matter, productivity matters. Far more than aesthetics. 

Rachid Ghezzal is an elegant footballer, would you take him over Marc Albrighton? 

Yeah, all fair points.

Not a meme either :D - He needs some backing on here as he’s clearly not ‘shit’ as many people like to claim.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Carvalho from Liverpool would be a safer bet and a lot cheaper .. maybe get him on loan 

A lad that barely lit up the championship last year is a safer bet?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

A lad that barely lit up the championship last year is a safer bet?

I think he's a good player that's played in England .. the lad being discussed is totally unproven in another country and is a massive risk for that price ...

Hence I have a preference 

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Juve need a good chunk of money now. 

He’d become Roma’s fifth most expensive signing ever - when you consider two of those above him are Cassano and Batustuta too….

I’m holding onto that same logic trust me, just so Leicester to go for a player that they should spend a few bob on only to be gazumped. 

I still believe he'll come here, wages alone are enough reason for him to sign with us and not Rome. Assuming Leicester and Juve agree on fee.

Edited by BlackFox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

The transfer fee is amortised. People see £30 million and think it’s all coming out the accounts at the same time, it’s £6 million a year spread over his 5 year contract. We aren’t skint, we’ve been handcuffed by the PSR rules. There’s a massive difference. 

Yes, I am aware of how it works and I'm also aware that we're owned by multimillionaire but ... I doubt we'll be spending 30m on anyone, we'll see eh?

Unless Juve are selling him to Roma for the sum between 10 - 15 million including bonuses then he won't be going to Roma.

Roma are in a financial mess 500 times more than leicester 

• Like 2