Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Wing backs need to have a defensive instinct to cover that the back post 

I haven’t  seen abdul show that consistently - yes on occasions he has followed his full back but if he’s a wing back he has to follow the winger aswell 

That’s because he’s never been employed as a wingback. 

But add into this - Fatawu was played on the side of the inverted wingback - the side that requires more defensive discipline.

There’s a reason why Mav never ended up on that side and it wasn’t purely down to Enzo’s stubbornness.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

IBTL.  

Why? Because a Roma blog claims without any sources that a player they can't afford to buy wants to play for them despite an offer, probably for more wages, in a league where he'll probably earn more in endorsements? 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Earle said:

Ok, you go first

Assume you are suggesting I should have ignored it? I actually did ignore the post from Roma press, but feel free to check if I posted a reply to their tweet.

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

it seems odd we are looking into the Italian market still, even with Maresca now gone.

They’re all broke, and desperate for cash, so there’s some potential bargains to be had. Although I wouldn’t class this as a bargain, more of a coupe if it comes off.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Various mentions in Twitter land about West Ham now involved. Always seem to struggle against London to compete for overseas players.

Hopefully that’s just to get us to get a move on. 

32 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Various mentions in Twitter land about West Ham now involved. Always seem to struggle against London to compete for overseas players.

23 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Hopefully that’s just to get us to get a move on. 

not new and not entirely a surprise

i guess it depends if they have any plans to sell one of their existing wide players.  for him to go there, he'd be willing to accept being very much a squad member. 

The Rudfather should make them a ‘take it or leave offer’ and if this is not accepted then move on to Andros Townsend and Nicky Maynard. West Ham and Roma will not be interested in these two options.   May be he is not convinced about Leicester?

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Quorn and Bradgate park or stabby Tower Hamlets 🤔 

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Time to rescue Cantwell from Rangers?  ;)

A tidy player but doesn't seem the same level as Maddison.