Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

5 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

It said last night we had offerd 30m plus bonuses now we have offerd 25 plus bonuses 

He’s a tough negotiator our Jon.

• Haha 2

Surely, if we’ve been talking to the player/agent we should have a good idea if he’s keen or not.

I would like to think that if a players attitude was “I’m happy to sign for you unless x club comes in for me” we would walk away and focus on players who want to be here.

Probably naive of me but seems logical 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trugerkem said:

If you were neutral … where would you want to live … Rome or Leicester 🤔

Does Leicester have armies of pick-pockets?

3 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Surely, if we’ve been talking to the player/agent we should have a good idea if he’s keen or not.

I would like to think that if a players attitude was “I’m happy to sign for you unless x club comes in for me” we would walk away and focus on players who want to be here.

It's naive to think the players representives are going to be that honest, they will be telling every interested club they are number one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

The players agent won’t close doors in case he does have to come here.  He’ll keep options on the table. I think the kid would come here if we were the best available gig to him.  But for now he prefers rome.  From our perspective we’ve probably made a judgement that Roma won’t pay the fee not get close to the wages we’d offer 

41 minutes ago, talking_goldfish said:

Looks like he really wants Roma, will all depend on whether Roma's bid is good enough for Juve to sell to a rival. 

If he is pushing for Roma, then we should up our offer just to stitch them up for 5m or so.

15 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

He’s a tough negotiator our Jon.

He should go full Michael Corleone and say: “Our offer is this: nothing. Not even the cost of Soule’s flight to England, which we’d appreciate if you put up personally.”

It would shit ‘em right up. 

this transfer feels like one that has got "beat at the last minute" written all over it

although Roma dont always spend big amounts on transfers atm, last "big big" one was Abraham in the 21/22 season when Jose was there when he arrived for just over 40mil(euros)

12 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Just got a feeling after all this hard work this kid will end up at Roma.:dry:

What gives you that impression mate? It’s almost like it’s the reason he hasn’t already signed.

14 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Just got a feeling after all this hard work this kid will end up at Roma.:dry:

Well we don't really now how much hard work or if any has been put into this. For all we know we may have just said here's our offer £25m + bonuses and they've said leave it with us we'll let you know.

2 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

What gives you that impression mate? It’s almost like it’s the reason he hasn’t already signed.

The reason he hasn't signed (for anyone) is that nobody has agreed to pay a fee that Juventus are happy with. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The reason he hasn't signed (for anyone) is that nobody has agreed to pay a fee that Juventus are happy with. 

Fair, but judging by the constant “ITK” tweets saying what our apparent offer is, it’s pretty obviously coming from his agent as he would prefer to go to Roma.

1 minute ago, VLC86 said:

Fair, but judging by the constant “ITK” tweets saying what our apparent offer is, it’s pretty obviously coming from his agent as he would prefer to go to Roma.

Every player we've ever signed would probably have preferred to go to a bigger, more fashionable club.

It's pretty irrelevant if Juve won't accept what Roma can afford.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Every player we've ever signed would probably have preferred to go to a bigger, more fashionable club.

It's pretty irrelevant if Juve won't accept what Roma can afford.

Not entirely, it would then be down to the player to decide if he would rather sit where he is or come to us which could force them to accept a lower offer from Roma.

Either way, I think we are being played and would be shocked if he ends up here.

Its great we are going for these up and coming players, but what concerns me is they must have get out clauses for if we go straight back down again , either that or the club are extremely confident of not getting the points deduction ! i know we are not skint but id imagine the wages being offered are between 50-70 k per week , would we not be in the same boat  if we did go straight back down ? 

11 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Not entirely, it would then be down to the player to decide if he would rather sit where he is or come to us which could force them to accept a lower offer from Roma.

Either way, I think we are being played and would be shocked if he ends up here.

Of course we are being played here. Rudkin has been played more times than 'Mr Brightside'

I read it that we've made an official bid of €25 plus add ons and that there have been subsequent discussions in that the bid needs to be a minimum €30m plus bonuses 

I'm not sure how much Roma are really in the frame and if it were the other way around you wouldn't want to be selling a young talent to a rival in your own league. 

Of course I may be totally wrong (which I often am). 

My main concern is being gazumped

2 hours ago, trugerkem said:

If you were neutral … where would you want to live … Rome or Leicester 🤔

Yea, only got two choices, either a gaff overlooking the Trevi fountain or Eyres Monsell .

• Haha 1