Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

If he won't agree a contract with us then what option do Juve have?

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

But if the player refuses to sign for us, what can they do? 

Maybe NOT sell him for 40% below what they want? Jeez. 

4 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Maybe NOT sell him for 40% below what they want? Jeez. 

Sure, of course they can keep him. Soule can't force them to sell him to Roma, just as Juventus cannot force him to join us. If neither side blinks, he'll stay with them next season.

Besides, do we really want to risk a large chunk of our transfer budget on a player who has apparently made it clear he doesn't want to join us? is that what we want - an unhappy player who has just come for the cash and is miserable because he misses Italy? I'm not sure I do. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Sure, of course they can keep him. Soule can't force them to sell him to Roma, just as Juventus cannot force him to join us. If neither side blinks, he'll stay with them next season.

I don't believe half the stuff that's been written about this lad so far, it's gone from 'he's open to the move and he's agreed terms' to 'he only wants Roma' for apparently no reason.

If Roma don't stump up, but we do, and he has the choice of playing in the PL for Leicester, or for Juve's reserves, then it'll be interesting to see what he picks. But there's no way Juve are accepting £20-£25m when they're asking for £30-£35m, even if the player is crazy keen on playing for Roma.

42 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

The Premier League pull is undervalued a lot! Makes players seemingly at a top club in another league always jump at the opportunity. I can't see a club accepting a lower offer because of a players preference, seems illogical.

You've missed the point mate, if a player flat out refused to join us and Juve were desperate to cash in during this window, as they have targets lined up or whatever, they may just sell him to Roma to get him out. There's more at play then "the Premier League pull" 

• Like 1

Big club in Italy with regular European football and a beautiful city like Rome.

Or a newly promoted club waiting for a points deduction in a down beat city like Leicester.

Tough decision for the kid. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

If this was a nightclub would you still be sharking this lad/lass. Or have got bored and moved on to the one popping up the bar?  You can only wait so long!!

By the time I did that they’d puked their way down the stairs and I was left to stumble home alone ….

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Big club in Italy with regular European football and a beautiful city like Rome.

Or a newly promoted club waiting for a points deduction in a down beat city like Leicester.

I’ll get back to you …..

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Would you do it for an extra £20k/week?

If you back yourself and do really well in the PL, you are suddenly a pretty global star.

He'd probably rather go to Roma still, but I think we'd at least be a consideration...for a few minutes anyway! :D

42 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Not sure I'm familiar with a single situation where a player has outright refused to join a club...he'll be getting a pay increase (most likely a healthy one knowing us) for joining. If Roma match what we max out as, or some culmination of that w/ bonuses then I imagine he'll go there.

I few years ago I went to a lecture given by a very well known ex Scottish international footballer and he described in his career how transfers happen. He gave an instance where after training he was summoned into the managers office and told he had been sold to another club. He had no say whatsoever in the matter, he felt as was just a commodity so ff he went.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

By the time I did that they’d puked their way down the stairs and I was left to stumble home alone ….

Exactly, you've just got know when your chasing a lost cause. As leave it too late. Then those plan B, C and D targets won't be ruined!!😂

6 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Exactly, you've just got know when your chasing a lost cause. As leave it too late. Then those plan B, C and D targets won't be ruined!!😂

There’s an argument that if you’d acted faster then they’d have puked all over you !

perhaps if target A isn’t available then second best isn’t worth it ??

52 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

If this was a nightclub would you still be sharking this lad/lass. Or have got bored and moved on to the one popping up the bar?  You can only wait so long!!

That’s an antiquated reference.

Don’t they just swipe left or right now?