Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

44 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You've missed the point mate, if a player flat out refused to join us and Juve were desperate to cash in during this window, as they have targets lined up or whatever, they may just sell him to Roma to get him out. There's more at play then "the Premier League pull" 

I mean there's wanting to cash in, and then there's accepting around 40% lower than your stated asking price. If they're doing it to fund player purchases, how does it benefit them to accept less than they actually need?? 

3 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

I mean there's wanting to cash in, and then there's accepting around 40% lower than your stated asking price. If they're doing it to fund player purchases, how does it benefit them to accept less than they actually need?? 

Because it’s 60% more than they would get in the scenario where he stays.

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

It’s not a zero sum game 

if they get in 25m then that funds purchases of 125m this financial year.  the difference between 25m and 30m is not the be all and end all when it comes to budgeting for these size clubs 

they asked for 40m but they knew they wouldn’t get that 

they probably figured all along that they would take 30m.  It looks like that amount will now have to include add ons 

29 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I few years ago I went to a lecture given by a very well known ex Scottish international footballer and he described in his career how transfers happen. He gave an instance where after training he was summoned into the managers office and told he had been sold to another club. He had no say whatsoever in the matter, he felt as was just a commodity so ff he went.

I feel the increased level of power that agents have got today as ended that type of thing. Or at least made it less common. Ofcourse, it has brought different issues to the sport also though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

What they want/think an English club will pay and what they need, wouldn't necessarily be the same would they.

• Like 1

In before the lock.  Being reported now by the Roma PR machine.......Interesting no mention of a fee being agreed with Juve??

Roma's new sporting director, Ghisolfi, he has already found an agreement with Soulé and his attorney. The contract on the table provides for a five-year term of approximately 2 million euro more bonuses. An attractive offer that seems to have convinced the player to move to the Italian capital.

26 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

In before the lock.  Being reported now by the Roma PR machine.......Interesting no mention of a fee being agreed with Juve??

Roma's new sporting director, Ghisolfi, he has already found an agreement with Soulé and his attorney. The contract on the table provides for a five-year term of approximately 2 million euro more bonuses. An attractive offer that seems to have convinced the player to move to the Italian capital.

I'm hoping we have pulled the plug. It's obvious he doesn't want to move here, the only reason (and I know footballers are a mercenary bunch) he would choose us would be for the money. Loyalty to the City aside your options are  Rome or a relegation fight in Leicester, i'm choosing Rome. 

29 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Was never going to happen. Should just move into other targets now. Player just doesn’t want to come. 

Because some self proclaimed ITKs said so?

1 hour ago, DezFox said:

Was never going to happen. Should just move into other targets now. Player just doesn’t want to come. 

Agent talk and opinion. They are trying everything to throw us off the scent..

Edited by MPH

Bin him off and get the Colombian lad in. His girlfriend will look great in one of the new shirts.  

• Like 3

To be fair, if he's choosing Roma - a club that won't get relegated, that should be challenging for trophies immediately and that is in Italy, which is where he's settled and has been playing his football for a few years and which he has familial connections with - the fact that he would choose them over an extra 5 or 10 bags a week shows he has a good head on his shoulders.

He wasn't averse to coming here either, so if we're ever in a position to have another go at getting him, it means we're in a much better place and he's done the business in Rome, is a bit older, wiser and ready for a different challenge.

Chances are he'll never play for us but c'est la vie.

• Like 1