Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Did he not want to come?! 

Pretty well known he didn’t initially isn’t it?

Deal was lined up before Pearson was sacked and he preferred to go to Marseille 

Soulé has Italian heritage and holds an Italian passport, it’s natural that he prefers to stay in the country and see if Roma can arrange a fee. That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t still come to Leicester and perform for us.

That said, the deal does look unlikely at this point. Roma will return with another offer. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's better off playing in an environment which he feels comfortable with.... don't really want a player who will feel lonely and suffer depression and mental problems because he's forced to come to Leicester because the money's better 

Played with Okoli last season and we likely have a few other players who can speak Spanish and Italian so doubt he would feel lonely

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Some things are bigger than loneliness. lol

IMG_7694.jpeg

‘Kin el! I don’t realise my wife was importing pasta. 

At £30 million plus, you'd think we would have done our homework to see there was interest. This feels like Aranguiz type of slam that offer in type of deal. 

Hoping Roma dont cough up is not a negotiating skill. 

• Like 4

Seems like our bid will be used to get Roma's bid up slightly, Juve will accept that to get it done knowing it's what the player wants. I guess we leave the offer on the table in case Juve play hardball over fee (they won't) but we should be moving on to other targets now.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

Apparently it’s not just him, his other half is in the fashion & entertainment industry so probably best he stays well away from the clock tower

Leicester is the fashion design capital of the world …….

14 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

At £30 million plus, you'd think we would have done our homework to see there was interest. This feels like Aranguiz type of slam that offer in type of deal. 

Hoping Roma dont cough up is not a negotiating skill. 

knowing roma they will ask to borrow £20 million from us so they can afford him

🚨🇦🇷 Juventus have rejected AS Roma first proposal for Matias Soulé. Juventus believe Leicester City can offer bigger money for Soulé… but Matias wants AS Roma as priority. AS Roma, expected to try again as Soulé is top target for Daniele de Rossi and player wants to join.

On 11/07/2024 at 21:34, Stopharage said:

Oh great, it’s Nicolas Gonzalez all over again. 

So predictable. And we’ve now wasted a couple of weeks getting our face rubbed in the gelato when we could have used the time to negotiate a £15m deal for Craig Dawson. 

• Haha 1

For all we know this could be quite a big smokescreen and we have been used as a stalking horse to help create a bit of competition so Juve get a decent fee from Roma. 

I would not be shocked if we end up signing a player from Juve in the next week or two and Soule was never that heavily on our radar. I am pretty sure all the reports of our interest, bids and even personal terms were all coming from Italian journalists. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

For all we know this could be quite a big smokescreen and we have been used as a stalking horse to help create a bit of competition so Juve get a decent fee from Roma. 

I would not be shocked if we end up signing a player from Juve in the next week or two and Soule was never that heavily on our radar. I am pretty sure all the reports of our interest, bids and even personal terms were all coming from Italian journalists. 

Or we are raising the price that Roma have to pay so when we lowball them for one of their players, their need to sell is greater. 

Ofcourse we aren't that smart but it's fun to speculate.