Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

All this "he doesn't want to be here" is nonsense. Cambiasso didn't really fancy us, to the point we were a baw hair away from signing James McCarthur in his place. Yet, he came and he was great and when he left, Kante wasn't 100% sold on us either but he came and he was great too. 

If you believe than 90% of player come here because they really want to and not because of the piles of money we shovel into their pockets and a crafty agent in their ear, you're niave. 

Exactly, what people seem to forget is whether or not we are their chosen destination, it's still their career on the line. They're not gonna just come here and not bother, because it will likely ruin their career, or at the very least slow it down.

If a player comes and acts like that, in all likelihood they are a player with a poor attitude, that was going to find some reason to act like that at some point regardless. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Don't want him here purely based on he want to be in roma, can't have players like that at any club

The last 2 seasons he was here, Mahrez didn't want to be here.

He doesn't have to be here, if he signs it means he chose to be here.

We might not be his first choice but newsflash, your wife or girlfriend didn't have you as her first choice either.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Forget Mahrez and Kante and Cambiaso a second. Forget any player that was hesitant to sign for us. 

Go back a step. Ask yourselves why you're so convinced the kid doesn't want to come here or would rather Roma anyway? 

Because an Italian journalist said so? These guys make their living telling Italian football fans what they want to hear just like English football journalists make their living telling English fans what they want to hear. How many times have you read that the best players in the world are all going to sign for United? How many times have they been days away from signing Harry Kane or Gareth Bale? Remember when Mbappe was going to Liverpool? 

Come on. 

Anyone with any actual credibility has said the same thing from the start, Roma can't afford to match our bid. That's it. That's all we really know. 

I'm not saying you're wrong, you could very well be right but I must ask, who are the credible journalists that aren't saying he would rather go to Roma? The british ones who you just admitted tell us what we want to hear? 

Pasquinelli, Cambiasso and Ulloa. Have I missed any other Argentinians that have played for us? I mean technically Pasquinelli never actually played for us but was on our books. Cambiasso and Ulloa were both good signings for us though so hopefully this guy can be to. Or for Roma, depending on whether you listen to the Italian or English journalists

Edited by jayfox26

29 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He doesn't have to be here, if he signs it means he chose to be here.

We might not be his first choice but newsflash, your wife or girlfriend didn't have you as her first choice either.

I think most of us are generally happy with second choice in most stuff. That’s the reality of life init.

Not going to Roma but ending up at Leicester is hardly missing out on Man Utd and ending up at Accrington Stanley.

21 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Percy has lured us into a false sense of security we all still know he’s gonna end up at Roma

Why do 'we all still know he’s gonna end up at Roma'?  Noone truly knows so comments like that are pretty futile tbh , unless you're going to categorically state you're  ITK and definitively know? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Why do 'we all still know he’s gonna end up at Roma'?  Noone truly knows so comments like that are pretty futile tbh , unless you're going to categorically state you're  ITK and definitively know? 

We shall see

53 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Pasquinelli, Cambiasso and Ulloa. Have I missed any other Argentinians that have played for us? I mean technically Pasquinelli never actually played for us but was on our books. Cambiasso and Ulloa were both good signings for us though so hopefully this guy can be to. Or for Roma, depending on whether you listen to the Italian or English journalists

No:

Ohttps://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/gastarbeiterDetails/verein/1003/land_id/9

2 hours ago, Scotch said:

All this "he doesn't want to be here" is nonsense. Cambiasso didn't really fancy us, to the point we were a baw hair away from signing James McCarthur in his place. Yet, he came and he was great and when he left, Kante wasn't 100% sold on us either but he came and he was great too. 

If you believe than 90% of player come here because they really want to and not because of the piles of money we shovel into their pockets and a crafty agent in their ear, you're niave. 

Pearson even forgot McCarthur wasn’t our player and throttled him for bobbing his daughter. 

6 hours ago, DezFox said:

I personally I think this will be Percy helping the club out making it crystal clear we did what we could but just player didn’t want it. Plenty of twists and turns in this one. He won’t end up here. 

😂 what’s absolute nonsense 😂

15 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

😂 what’s absolute nonsense 😂

😂 ok I know how it sounds, I’m not suggesting he’s on payroll or any sort of conspiracy. I just mean Percy is often the journalist that seems to be used for “official leaks”. I’m only suggesting that sometimes he may be used to direct the narrative for PR.  This keeps a long and good working relationship going. The timing of this story seems a little odd that’s all. 

All I keep reading is "He wants to go to Roma".

Whilst i'm under no illusions no-one other than a Leicester fan would want to play for us and 'it's just a job' or 'a stepping stone' for any player, this coming season more than ever we need players who are fully committed and want to be here.

Players who were already engineering moves and making eyes at other clubs is one of many contributing factors to the mess we've found ourselves in, in recent years.

Move on.

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

All I keep reading is "He wants to go to Roma".

Whilst i'm under no illusions no-one other than a Leicester fan would want to play for us and 'it's just a job' or 'a stepping stone' for any player, this coming season more than ever we need players who are fully committed and want to be here.

Players who were already engineering moves and making eyes at other clubs is one of many contributing factors to the mess we've found ourselves in, in recent years.

Move on.

Not quite the case other than Fofana then Youri to an extent is it? 

We've found ourselves in a mess because we've been mis managed horribly from the top down. There are also numerous factors in that too. 

Perhaps we’ve caved in on some clauses in the contract we’ve offered ??

the player will want to ply his trade at the highest level he can.  Whilst we gave riyad his break and his first title, the image of him at an airport and us keeping him for a season he didn’t want to be here does resonate amongst the industry.  If we really  believe that this guy can be the difference between us staying up or going down then him leaving next summer for a profit would be a good deal for us. 

whatever plays out will do so over the next few days - Percy is rarely off the mark - he only wades in when he has concrete info from clubs. If we’ve pushed this out there then we must believe it to be true - of course we could be getting played between juve and Roma but surely Percy would be wary of this before going to print.  

• Like 1

No he probably isn’t too keen on coming here.

But if he does, a lot of it would be down to the PL and the potential exposure. He’ll be extremely motivated to do well.

I wouldn’t worry about his commitment levels, genuinely.

• Like 1

Cooper has a lot experience of handling players who do not want to be at his Club.  Let’s be honest how many players would want to play for the Trees??

• Like 1