Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

6 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

No he probably isn’t too keen on coming here.

But if he does, a lot of it would be down to the PL and the potential exposure. He’ll be extremely motivated to do well.

I wouldn’t worry about his commitment levels, genuinely.

Or could be down to us giving him a massive stupid high salary.

I think we will offer more than Roma 

It’s been said many times, but don’t take the “he wants Roma so literally and personally”…. Most of this is being translated from Italian, whose journalists are off their tits most of the time anyway and every transfer is described as if it was Romeo and Juliet. Percy put it simply, we’ve submitted a fee and are hoping to wrap the deal up next week. 

Forget the rest of the nonsense being spouted.

• Haha 1

Unless I've missed something, all JP says is we made a lowball offer?

A pessimist is never disappointed and all that, but I just can't see him coming here...

30 minutes ago, Gloria said:

Unless I've missed something, all JP says is we made a lowball offer?

A pessimist is never disappointed and all that, but I just can't see him coming here...

This may well have been our offer all along and Italian journos are just trying to jack the price up 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

No he probably isn’t too keen on coming here.

But if he does, a lot of it would be down to the PL and the potential exposure. He’ll be extremely motivated to do well.

I wouldn’t worry about his commitment levels, genuinely.

I mean, if his attitude is 'knuckle down for a couple of years and get a move to a Champions League club' and he puts in the kinds of performances that warrant it, we've got a gem and we won't be complaining. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I mean, if his attitude is 'knuckle down for a couple of years and get a move to a Champions League club' and he puts in the kinds of performances that warrant it, we've got a gem and we won't be complaining. 

Exactly this.

All those years we struggled without a mahrez replacement, we could well end up with two in the same squad😂

59 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s been said many times, but don’t take the “he wants Roma so literally and personally”…. Most of this is being translated from Italian, whose journalists are off their tits most of the time anyway and every transfer is described as if it was Romeo and Juliet. Percy put it simply, we’ve submitted a fee and are hoping to wrap the deal up next week. 

Forget the rest of the nonsense being spouted.

Precisely. And also it sounds like a negotiating tactics on his end… ie you want me to come to Leicester you need to pay me more.

56 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

So we're offering different cash amounts, on the hour, in different orders? In a strategy to simply bamboozle Juve and mess with their head?  This is genius from Rudders. I'm confident we will now land the lad for no more than 37mil

It's Rudders Ebay strategy, put in a maximum bid that gets pushed up from a lower bid by others slowly bidding up, to get pipped at the post by a larger bid from another club waiting in the wings 

9 hours ago, Scotch said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, you could very well be right but I must ask, who are the credible journalists that aren't saying he would rather go to Roma? The british ones who you just admitted tell us what we want to hear? 

I think it's a little unfair to suggest that John Percy just tells Leicester fans what they want to hear. I'm also not convinced there's a significant market for telling Leicester fans what they want to hear. 

I appreciate the point you're getting at but it's a little bit different to ten thousand Rome based twitter rumour mongers just pandering to an audience they're trying to cultivate. 

Which isn't unique to Italy. Premier League twitter is full of people trying to launch a career convincing big six fans they're going to sign all the best players. 

Edited by Finnegan

Any truth to the links with Man united? If they come into the race I just can't see him coming here. Juve probably won't mind a lower bid from United as long as its a club outside of Italy. 

The longer this drags the unlikelier it seems. 

20 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Any truth to the links with Man united? If they come into the race I just can't see him coming here. Juve probably won't mind a lower bid from United as long as its a club outside of Italy. 

The longer this drags the unlikelier it seems. 

How would they not mind a lower bid !

Every club in the world would sell to the highest bidder unless improving a direct rival .

49 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Soule vous -  Not happening as would up set Abdul.

A type of signing like this allows cover and flexibility in one. He can play on the wing, but I bet he could play just behind the striker and be the creator. 

So I can't imagine it would upset anyone. It will allow us to tweak tactics in game and cover when needed. 

Also, Abdul doesn't look too upset signing for us...just look at his face! 

Di Marzio kept claiming Casadei wanted Lazio last summer and wasn't coming here. Percy said for weeks it was done.

This will have many more twists and turns I expect. Whether he joins us remains to be seen but I think we'll go to £25m + add ons and Roma will be up against that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

A type of signing like this allows cover and flexibility in one. He can play on the wing, but I bet he could play just behind the striker and be the creator. 

So I can't imagine it would upset anyone. It will allow us to tweak tactics in game and cover when needed. 

Also, Abdul doesn't look too upset signing for us...just look at his face! 

I was actually referring to his song being hijacked…..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, los dedos said:

How would they not mind a lower bid !

Every club in the world would sell to the highest bidder unless improving a direct rival .

They said they would prefer not to sell to a club in Italy. If the bid from United was slightly lower than the bid from us, the player would push harder for a move to United and Juve would probably more inclined to accept. 

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Serious hope we're not wasting our time negotiating hard for a guy who isn't interested in joining us anyway 

We don’t know for a fact that this is the case, there’s numerous Italian journos with a foot in the Italian clubs camps reporting loads of conflicting views

Percy is credible and doubt he would risk his rep so the optimist in me thinks there’s a chance this could happen next week 

• Like 1