Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

He's definitely not coming.

souleatmike.JPG.4a4a2d5e40786e93f732f96125921df0.JPG

"Not even 50 pages on their forum ?!  Really ?!! 

Ketelarere got more than that. Sensi got 3 times that and he’s in a wheelchair.  Even Joel freakin’ Piroe got more than that.

Screw that tinpot bunch !"

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Serious hope we're not wasting our time negotiating hard for a guy who isn't interested in joining us anyway 

There's a lot of hours in a day.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I think it's a little unfair to suggest that John Percy just tells Leicester fans what they want to hear. I'm also not convinced there's a significant market for telling Leicester fans what they want to hear. 

I appreciate the point you're getting at but it's a little bit different to ten thousand Rome based twitter rumour mongers just pandering to an audience they're trying to cultivate. 

Which isn't unique to Italy. Premier League twitter is full of people trying to launch a career convincing big six fans they're going to sign all the best players. 

Also, isn't John Percy a Forest fan?

12 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The last 2 seasons he was here, Mahrez didn't want to be here.

Yeah, it was painful, half-hearted! Unless he knew someone was watching him! Imagine when Roma comes knocking in Jan or next season, he will be sitting in the airport waiting. No thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think it's a little unfair to suggest that John Percy just tells Leicester fans what they want to hear. I'm also not convinced there's a significant market for telling Leicester fans what they want to hear. 

I appreciate the point you're getting at but it's a little bit different to ten thousand Rome based twitter rumour mongers just pandering to an audience they're trying to cultivate. 

Which isn't unique to Italy. Premier League twitter is full of people trying to launch a career convincing big six fans they're going to sign all the best players. 

I think there is definately a market for it for a midlands based journo. 

For me, Percy is so reliable because of his clear connections with the club who feed him information in exchange for pushing certain narratives. So maybe not so much telling the fans what they want to hear but to a degree telling us what the club want us to hear. 

I don't think Percy has been quite a prolific this past year and I don't think it's a coincidence that, that happened after he had a bit of a go at the club following relegation with them likely seeing him not upholding his part of their arrangement. 

You could very well be right with regards to the Italian press playing to their audience but I also think that Percy not mentioning his preference to Rome could just as likely be him/the club not wanting to sour the fanbases opinion of the player if he does sign. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ed 1 said:

Read Percy's piece, went to bed feeling half confident. Wake up to this.. 

It's fairly obvious that if Roma match what we are offering financially, he goes there. 

Real shame, but if there's truth in that article we're better of pursuing other targets unfortunately. I doubt we're linked with/sign a name as exciting as Soule had me this summer though.

I almost feel like none of you actually read the percy article lol 

It just said we’ve bid and are interested… none of the Italian journalists are disputing that.  Didn’t suggest we were close or that the player wanted to accept 

I looked into the opinions from the Roma side of things, who know juve far better than us.

Its essentially all comments of juve doing what juve do. Conniving and using media and agents to push the prices up for their gain. 

They expect that we are being purely used as a strategy to get roma as high as possible but they expect they will hold firm and get him.  

I think our only hope was that the interest from roma was fake to make us pay more but unfortunately appears the game is being played in roma and not us. 

Hope we are working on that next target as we speak 

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I looked into the opinions from the Roma side of things, who know juve far better than us.

Its essentially all comments of juve doing what juve do. Conniving and using media and agents to push the prices up for their gain. 

They expect that we are being purely used as a strategy to get roma as high as possible but they expect they will hold firm and get him.  

I think our only hope was that the interest from roma was fake to make us pay more but unfortunately appears the game is being played in roma and not us. 

Hope we are working on that next target as we speak 

Say what you want about Percy, he is NOT going to post something like "Leicester expect the deal to be done next week" based purely on propaganda pushed by the Italian media. 

Whether we get him or not, it's safe to day we are actively pushing for this deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Say what you want about Percy, he is NOT going to post something like "Leicester expect the deal to be done next week" based purely on propaganda pushed by the Italian media. 

Whether we get him or not, it's safe to day we are actively pushing for this deal. 

Leicester City have made a new £21 million bid for Juventus winger Matias Soule and are pushing to agree a deal next week.”

that’s a very different sentence to what you state. It means we will try again next week, not that it’s close. 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Percy is reliable, normally when he gives information it’s pretty much from the horses mouth. I don’t think there’s bad blood towards us, and I don’t think he is in the game of reporting something to appease the fans? Why would he do that? There’s a degree of saltiness I feel but this is more to do with him being somewhat castrated by the club, particularly towards the end of Rogers reign, but, he is still a reliable source of information, possibly the most reliable when it comes to us. 

Agreed until the last line - there’s no more reliable source for Leicester news than ReluctantNicko. 

He’s never got anything wrong and every single transfer he reports comes off! 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Leicester City have made a new £21 million bid for Juventus winger Matias Soule and are pushing to agree a deal next week.”

that’s a very different sentence to what you state. It means we will try again next week, not that it’s close. 

Fair play, I misquoted but the point remains the same. We are clearly actively pursuing this transfer and Roma have to match our bids to compete. That's very different from Roma fans saying our name is being used by Juventus to push Roma's price up. It's not nearly the same thing. 

Just now, Scotch said:

Fair play, I misquoted but the point remains the same. We are clearly actively pursuing this transfer and Roma have to match our bids to compete. That's very different from Roma fans saying our name is being used by Juventus to push Roma's price up. It's not nearly the same thing. 

Oh i don’t doubt our interest, juve are just using us at this point as they probably know the player holds the power. Hopefully Im wrong and we do get to a point where roma have to drop out (sensibly)