Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

It seems like these journalists are competing against one another to try and persuade the readers that they're right - at the risk of being incorrect?..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It seems like these journalists are competing against one another to try and persuade the readers that they're right - at the risk of being incorrect?..

Clicks are better than accuracy. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Philkeavo said:

This lad seems to have his heart set on a move to Roma. If true, I wouldn’t want him at Leicester, at any price. I would rather have a motivated less gifted player than a talented but disgruntled player moping about Seagrave.

His (lack of) desire to join Leicester could be pure speculation but I wouldn’t want to see a repeat of players like Tielemans who gave every impression he wanted to be away from the club. They’ll drain the positivity in the dressing room.

Tielemans was fine for a few years -  not his fault that we didn’t sell him with two years left on his contract.  That’s our problem as a club - hopefully we’ve learned now. 

31 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would you like a repeat of Kante? He was another who didn't want to come. Its hard to make a judgement amongst all the self serving media tall tales tbh.

I would 100% take another Kante if he has the same impact - we won the league !!

if any signing we make improves us and then we sell for 7-8 times its good on the pitch and off it - absolute no brainer!

45 minutes ago, Collymore said:

You can see how fake news spreads as how do we actually know this? 

Because it would be a very odd thing to make up. When players are interested in a move to a particular club, their agents leak this info to the media to pressure the selling club to accept a bid. It would make zero sense for media to report that a player didn't want to join a club that he actually wanted to join - nobody would benefit from that. 

A lot of folk seem to have convinced themselves that the multiple stories from multiple sources that Soule wants to join Roma instead of us are fake. It's nuts. Trust me, this lad genuinely has a strong preference for Roma over us. That does not mean Juventus are obliged to sell him to Roma for less money than they want, but this is clearly what Soule wants. The interesting bit will come if Roma drop out and his only options will be to stay at Juventus or come to us...

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Roma press:

However, Corriere dello Sport reports that Roma are tired of this back and forth, and will not accept another postponement from the Bianconeri.

They are tired!?!   So are we ffs….

40 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Because it would be a very odd thing to make up. When players are interested in a move to a particular club, their agents leak this info to the media to pressure the selling club to accept a bid. It would make zero sense for media to report that a player didn't want to join a club that he actually wanted to join - nobody would benefit from that. 

A lot of folk seem to have convinced themselves that the multiple stories from multiple sources that Soule wants to join Roma instead of us are fake. It's nuts. Trust me, this lad genuinely has a strong preference for Roma over us. That does not mean Juventus are obliged to sell him to Roma for less money than they want, but this is clearly what Soule wants. The interesting bit will come if Roma drop out and his only options will be to stay at Juventus or come to us...

Yeah but this is pretty common in any transfer surely?

Most players don't support Leicester and I'd imagine a lot, if not all of our signings over the years, would prefer another club over ours. Doesn't mean they don't try or mean it when they say they're glad to join when they finally do.

I think too much is being placed upon the Roma link and too many people painting their own negative picture of him. 

If he signs and says he's glad to join and excited I'll believe him.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Philkeavo said:

This lad seems to have his heart set on a move to Roma. If true, I wouldn’t want him at Leicester, at any price. I would rather have a motivated less gifted player than a talented but disgruntled player moping about Seagrave.

His (lack of) desire to join Leicester could be pure speculation but I wouldn’t want to see a repeat of players like Tielemans who gave every impression he wanted to be away from the club. They’ll drain the positivity in the dressing room.

id like to work for Google in The Netherlands for half a million pounds a year. But it might not happen. I’m still going to give 100% to my current Job.

• Like 3

Let's be honest, so much is done and agreed with agents behind the scenes before a bid is even submitted, that is soule had zero interest in joining us, we wouldn't have even bothered bidding. 

Roma may be his first choice and surely anyone with a brain could understand some of the reasons why that may be the case, but it doesn't mean he is dead set against a move to Leicester. Depends what the clubs can agree, right now he's sitting back and waiting to see what options he has.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

The issue isn't really the prolonged Soule saga. It's the failure of the club not openly bidding on at least 10 more players. We just need to be distracted. Go sort it Rodders,!!

How do you know we're not?

Did you hear about Okoli's transfer before it happened?

• Like 1

We've offered the most money, an amount Roma are un willing to match. If Soule wants to come here, it would be a pretty easy deal to get done. He wants to go to Roma but Juve would rather sell to the highest bidder. Completely understandable from both sides, but we need to think about ourselves. The season starts in a few weeks and this is a critical position for us. We cant let it drag on for another 3-4 weeks.

4 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

The issue isn't really the prolonged Soule saga. It's the failure of the club not openly bidding on at least 10 more players. We just need to be distracted. Go sort it Rodders,!!

So we make public bids on ten other players, what happens if they are all accepted? We can't sign them all so we back out and look like idiots which no clubs or players would want to deal with in the future. 

That said I am pretty sure we have scoped out a few other potential deals which we may or may not pursue further. Why do you think we like to do our business quietly? To avoid just this situation and avoid getting into bidding wars.

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

So we make public bids on ten other players, what happens if they are all accepted? We can't sign them all so we back out and look like idiots which no clubs or players would want to deal with in the future. 

That said I am pretty sure we have scoped out a few other potential deals which we may or may not pursue further. Why do you think we like to do our business quietly? To avoid just this situation and avoid getting into bidding wars.

I think he was joking, mate.

• Haha 1

Players join clubs that are not their first option all the time. Look at Lenny Yoro.

I don’t know why so many here are offended that a person of Italian heritage who lives and plays in Italy would prefer Roma over us. 

Edited by Phenom
  • Like 2