Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

10 hours ago, Kp1984 said:

Been saying close thread for days lol 

And how pleased you must be you were right then

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

67 pages on a guy who was never coming here … at that rate I could probably muster 50 pages myself 

Geryouin!

Guest Chocolate Teapot
12 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I reckon we put our bid on the table and left it there a couple of weeks back which is why nothing new was reported for over a week until roma decided to get close to it. 

Roma paying a much higher agent fee than we were prepared to pay apparently.

32 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If true, every time the press said "he really, really wants to go to Roma" what they actually meant was "his agent says he really, really wants to go to Roma" lol

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Glad we didn't succumb then. Agents are a scourge on the game.

I was listening to Kevin Davies on a podcast the other day saying how an agent was trying to force him into a deadline day move when he didn't want to go and was hanging around outside the training ground even after he'd told him to do one. He said the agent was desperate to get his fee and a lot push hard for moves just to get these big fees. 

• Like 4

And it occurs to me that agents fees can’t be amortised 

so if the agent wanted £3 to get the deal done and that’s 2m more than we’re prepared to pay - we’d lose 10m on our transfer budget this season to get the player.  I suppose we could load the fee to juve if they’re  prepared to pay all the agents fee but then they lose 2m from their income in this example.