Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matías Soulé

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

And it occurs to me that agents fees can’t be amortised 

so if the agent wanted £3 to get the deal done and that’s 2m more than we’re prepared to pay - we’d lose 10m on our transfer budget this season to get the player.  I suppose we could load the fee to juve if they’re  prepared to pay all the agents fee but then they lose 2m from their income in this example.

When you say transfer budget, what you mean is the amortised fees for the year. Paying the agent another £2m is not £10m to the amortised budget for the year, but just the equivalent of agreeing to pay £10m but over 5 years.

Personally if we've missed out on him for £2m sniffs on the books in 24/25 it's a real shame. There's probably a but more to it.

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

When you say transfer budget, what you mean is the amortised fees for the year. Paying the agent another £2m is not £10m to the amortised budget for the year, but just the equivalent of agreeing to pay £10m but over 5 years.

Personally if we've missed out on him for £2m sniffs on the books in 24/25 it's a real shame. There's probably a but more to it.

Yes, as far as 24/25 is concerned, laying out an additional 2m agent fee means we can afford 10m less on a transfer fee in. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

MEDICAL TOMORROW!!! 

for Roma. 

Same time as Ayew’s for us apparently.  Exciting times!!!!!

• Haha 2

On 27/07/2024 at 20:22, Ric Flair said:

Player doesnt want to join us, the fact we have put so much effort into this is odd.  I hope the club has backup options.

32 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

He’s obviously not signing for us but what is the obsession with folk crying out for threads to be locked lol just don’t click on them….

Time to move onto another player Jon

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Can someone take out Romano….. he’s a pain in the arse. 

Was reading about him the other day, wondering where he suddenly came from to be such an 'expert' on all the clubs.

According to wiki he was spotted and mentored by Garth Crooks! Always disliked him.

44 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Was reading about him the other day, wondering where he suddenly came from to be such an 'expert' on all the clubs.

According to wiki he was spotted and mentored by Garth Crooks! Always disliked him.

He was Di Mario’s little pet. Only took off because he was willing to feed the twitter freaks. He’s profited off our demise, so for that I hope he does an NFP

8 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Player doesnt want to join us, the fact we have put so much effort into this is odd.  I hope the club has backup options.

what efforts? we ain't got a clue what they have or have not done. last time i actually read we'd done anything was 9 days ago coming back from braggy park, when someone said we'd put another bid in