Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Caleb Okoli Signs

6 minutes ago, JR99 said:

I agree get Vesty back in, but alongside Okoli for me - Vesty is much more progressive with his passing but think with the confidence of being first choice Okoli will be more dominant, and make fewer mistakes than Faes

Not a bad suggestion! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Slotting in nicely to our defence where you can play pretty well but still be utter dog muck once or twice a game and pay the price.

So basic for the Duran goal but then some of his play today was really impressive, especially that last ditch challenge where he showed pace, anticipation and precision.

Plenty to like about him, let's hope he can keep it up and our manager can coach his players how to defend without needing 7 defensive outfield players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

One bonus I like from him is his ability to use both feet to make a pass. Will certainly make us less predictable in the build up. Especially if paired with Vesty who has a better range of passing than Faes

Just watched the highlights and on the goal, it's both him and Faes at fault. No communication or passing on the man properly and then Okoli just gets lost.

And Faes at fault for the first 2 chances on the highlights and others. At least Okoli has a bit of presence about him and isn't totally up himself.

26 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I thought this was his best game for us today. He seems to be much more at ease with the pace of the game and more in tune with his team mates. Something that will continue to improve with time together. He looked assured and powerful. 

Well it was either this or Tranmere and I could’ve slotted in at centre half against Tranmere 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well it was either this or Tranmere and I could’ve slotted in at centre half against Tranmere 

You know honestly I was quite impressed with that game. Tranmere weren’t that bad given their standing and they had one or two decent players. But yes he played with more confidence and presence then. Good he carried that on today. 

18 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Don't think Vestergaard would've made that last ditch, goal saving tackle. Hasn't got the pace of Okoli.

Vestegaard wouldn’t have made the crap pass before Skipps tackle, leading to the goal. 

An upgrade on Vesty for me purely for his pace. Him and Faes are definitely our best cb pairing. Just watch back Vesty and Faes against Spurs and Fulham, weak weak weak. Look so much more assured as a pairing which will only get better as they play more games together.

Also, Faes gets too much unwarranted stick. He makes plenty of crucial clearances throughout the game with well timed challenges. Just needs to cutout the showboating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mon.is.a.god said:

An upgrade on Vesty for me purely for his pace. Him and Faes are definitely our best cb pairing. Just watch back Vesty and Faes against Spurs and Fulham, weak weak weak. Look so much more assured as a pairing which will only get better as they play more games together.

Also, Faes gets too much unwarranted stick. He makes plenty of crucial clearances throughout the game with well timed challenges. Just needs to cutout the showboating.

I have to disagree and say the pairing against Tottenham was excellent, defended the box so well. Against Fulham, more blame with Faes. I’d like to see Vestergaard and Okoli, I don’t like having two defenders like Faes and Okoli who defend on the front, playing in a pair. 

Can see why Italy were desperate to get him capped, on that showing give him a year or two he’s going to be a top player, loved the bite, tackle on McGinn and him shoving the Villa player 5 yards off the pitch after shielding the ball out for a goal kick were highlights, needed a centre back with that aggro who wouldn’t go too far like Soy

• Like 1