Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Caleb Okoli Signs

I liked him but he played like he was created in a lab and that was his first ever game. All the pace and power needed and didn't look too bad on the ball but caught out too many times. Very similar to Faes in that he's got a 3 second attention span.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Pleasantly surprised.

Physically he's enormous and he's very quick. Can see why we've signed him.

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Slotting in nicely to our defence where you can play pretty well but still be utter dog muck once or twice a game and pay the price.

So basic for the Duran goal but then some of his play today was really impressive, especially that last ditch challenge where he showed pace, anticipation and precision.

Plenty to like about him, let's hope he can keep it up and our manager can coach his players how to defend without needing 7 defensive outfield players.

Duran goal is underrated, great header.

People focus on Okoli, but Fatawu plays a massive part in the goal, let's Digne go after a simple1-2 to supply a cross unopposed.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

That's he needs Coady next to him. Coady will make him a better player because he'll be constantly talking to him about positioning and concentration.

Completely agree. If we want to stay up then we need to get organised at the back. A 3 with Coady in the middle is the only realistic way I see it happening.

• Like 1

Basically reminds me of Faes but with far more pace and presence. Not sure it comes across that way on TV but he is an absolute unit.

How good he becomes will be entirely dependent on his brain and if the aberrations can be coached out of him with time and maturity. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised with him given the previous write ups. He was more comfortable on the ball than had been suggested.

He’s comfortable on the ball if he’s got time, anything the needs quick feet or one touch I don’t think he’s there technically, yet. For the first goal it was his woeful touch/pass that meant Skipp had to make the tackle, and that wasn’t an isolated incident. He’s not press resistant put it that way. His defending for the second was naive, but also good movement and header from Duran

But there are a lot of attributes to his game that look top level, pace, power and he’s an aggressive front foot defender which I like, for his fee he’s actually a decent pick up, but to reach anything like his potential he needs an experienced head coaching him through games

14 hours ago, JR99 said:

I agree get Vesty back in, but alongside Okoli for me - Vesty is much more progressive with his passing but think with the confidence of being first choice Okoli will be more dominant, and make fewer mistakes than Faes

Frankly. It is a good problem to have with at least 3 very good CB's. With Coady as the fourth option. 

• Like 1

I feel I watched some thing completely different in relation to Villa’s second.

If he’s been brought in for his physicality then he can’t be so easily knocked away for Duran to have a free header - can’t take away from Duran he is text book with his movement and finish.

I’m definitely in the camp he needs an experienced leader next to him which is not Faes.

https://football-italia.net/okoli-first-italy-call-leicester-transfer-epl/

Leicester City centre-back Caleb Okoli is delighted with his first Italy call-up but reveals that he strongly wanted to play in the Premier League, so he didn’t listen to offers from Serie A clubs this summer.

Italy defender Okoli held a press conference at Coverciano on Tuesday, joining his former Frosinone teammate Marco Brescianini, now at Atalanta.

Both players have received their first Italy call-up for games against France and Israel. Okoli made his Premier League debut with Leicester City last week.

“I had great emotions. The Premier League debut was very important for me,” Okoli said at a press conference attended by Football Italia.

“I only knew about the senior [Italy] call-up a few days earlier, and I am really happy with it.

“I am convinced I’ll get a lot of experience on a European level at Leicester. I play in the Premier League and I am happy. I think this experience will give me a lot, and I’m ready to bring what I’ve learned here.”

Isn’t he disappointed that no Serie A clubs called him last summer?

“In truth, I received some calls, but my dream was always to play in the Premier League,” the defender admitted.

“I’ve always wanted to play there and when I had the chance, I took it.”

Okoli played on loan at Frosinone last season. The Ciociari could not secure survival, but many young players emerged, including him, Brescianini and Matias Soulé.

“It was an important year. I was lucky to receive nice words from Spalletti when he watched our training sessions last season,” said Okoli.

“He was focused on professionalism and working hard daily to improve even just 1%. I’ve always thought about his words, and I am happy he saw something more from that day.”

• Like 3

He’s here now and the way i see it is that none of the 4 cbs really stand out head and shoulders above the rest. In that circumstance, it makes sense to me, to develop our young guy rather than pop in someone like coady who in reality won’t add a lot to the backline. 

I’m sure cooper will rotate a lot but i don’t think he (or anyone) can really be judged without a good run of games. 

Im fairly confident he won’t be as bad as benalouane so that’s a start 

Edited by Lambert09

Deal was done in 4-5 days according to his agent

http://sportwitness.co.uk/then-leicester-called-thrilled-agent-reveals-how-dream-move-to-foxes-came-about-this-summer/

Okoli’s agent Alessandro Barison has spoken to Radio Sportiva about the move to Leicester City and how it came about.

He described the move as a ‘dream’ for Okoli and explained that the transfer happened quickly, with his words relayed by TMW.

“There were several Italian clubs looking for him, even in France and the Bundesliga. Then Leicester called and he told me he dreamed of the Premier League and in 4-5 days we closed everything. “He has always dreamed of the Premier League since he was fifteen, he arrived prematurely together with the national team. Fulfilling dreams so young can make him really happy.”

Despite playing only once for Leicester, Okoli has been called up to the Italian national side and the player described the call-up as an ‘immense joy’.

“The day they called him he contacted me, he said ‘now it’s up to me to prove my worth’. 

“They contacted him the night before by the technical staff, then he called me and told me he was going to the Nations League camp. An immense joy. It’s always been his dream together with the Premier League. He’s 22 years old and it’s the most beautiful thing”.

Playing in the Premier League and for Italy is the perfect scenario for the defender, whose agent also highlighted the importance of playing in the lower divisions in Italy.

“The loans were clearly winning choices for Caleb, the best choice. I advise all my boys to always play, not to stay in teams with a name but on the bench.”

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...