Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Caleb Okoli Signs

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Let’s face it, none of us have got a fvcking clue if he’s any good have we? Welcome Caleb. Best of luck. Xx 

He's a strong and quick defender.

Hopefully he has more positional awareness than Faes, and isn't prone to being continually ripped apart by a basic counter.

Would also be nice if he had a bit of presence in the opposition box on set pieces too. Maybe we could do this crazy thing and score from a corner, it'd be a revelation! 

• Haha 1

Welcome Caleb, €15M including add on's (didn't see how long he's signed for though) for a position where we have coverage already...I wonder who's on their way out.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Nice to see us getting some business done early 

Thats the thing for me, plenty of activity 1st week of July, something worth giving the club a "small" pat on the back for and its looks like other activity ongoing and we might be skint by mid July, so then they can get to it!!

55 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Looking forward to the massive cheer he’ll get, when he does this to James Maddison in our opening league game of the season. 

40-E69933-C574-48-E9-B06-F-3234319-E5-A0

It's given as a foul and Madders' resulting free kick sneaks in at the far post, deceiving Danny Ward

19 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Welcome Caleb, €15M including add on's (didn't see how long he's signed for though) for a position where we have coverage already...I wonder who's on their way out.

My order of preference would be Faes then Souttar. Keep Coady for his experience and I just hope that we don't sell Nelson because I think he could have a very decent future. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Welcome to the club, I hope he's another piece of Glover magic.

I'm a bit sceptical as I think there are better players on the market. Specifically Ipswich are signing Jacob Greaves for a very similar price and comparing the two seems a lot better:

rrIZowd.png

However, Greaves was playing in a competitive team in the Championship, Okoli in a struggling team in Serie A. He was also signed by Atalanta who are great at finding gems and has represented Italy at several youth levels, and they often produce great CBs. His physicality looks like a huge plus for the Premier League, that's for sure.

Can't imagine this is great news for either Coady or Souttar though...

Block it and hoof it. 

Some of our fans will be absolutely delighted with this. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

My order of preference would be Faes then Souttar. Keep Coady for his experience and I just hope that we don't sell Nelson because I think he could have a very decent future. 

Can't say that I've seen enough of Soutar, and I quite like Faes getting the ball (and himself) upfield to the attack...although he has made a few blunders costing us goals. Victor Kristiensen has already demonstrated that he doesn't have any love for LCFC, although I think that may have been down to the tactics Maresca wanted him to play. My preference would be that Faes stays and the other two get us some Transfer fees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Welcome to the club, I hope he's another piece of Glover magic.

I'm a bit sceptical as I think there are better players on the market. Specifically Ipswich are signing Jacob Greaves for a very similar price and comparing the two seems a lot better:

rrIZowd.png

However, Greaves was playing in a competitive team in the Championship, Okoli in a struggling team in Serie A. He was also signed by Atalanta who are great at finding gems and has represented Italy at several youth levels, and they often produce great CBs. His physicality looks like a huge plus for the Premier League, that's for sure.

Can't imagine this is great news for either Coady or Souttar though...

I don't think you are getting Greaves for the same price.

Posted (edited)

Let's hope he does well. Slightly concerned about all the comments from the fans of his last club but you never no.

Edited by adam

At first glance, he certainly doesn't seem to be a cultured, ball playing CB. I wonder if that's by design? 

If we do play a back 3, have the middle CB be that ball playing defender with Faes and Vestergaard alternating that rile depending on how high a line we want that day. Then have more traditional CBs either side with Okoli/Nelson to one side and Souttar/Coady to the other...

It's certainly not ideal but plays to the strength of our current options and with the addition to a set-piece coach, could offer a threat at the other end to. 

• Like 1

Surely now the club will put Souttar out of his misery and let him leave. hes never been given a chance and with this new signing he clearly isn't going to get one. Will bring in a bit of extra cash for us too. Think theres a good player there if given a chance but time to cut ties.

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

At first glance, he certainly doesn't seem to be a cultured, ball playing CB. I wonder if that's by design? 

If we do play a back 3, have the middle CB be that ball playing defender with Faes and Vestergaard alternating that rile depending on how high a line we want that day. Then have more traditional CBs either side with Okoli/Nelson to one side and Souttar/Coady to the other...

It's certainly not ideal but plays to the strength of our current options and with the addition to a set-piece coach, could offer a threat at the other end to. 

I would like to see Coady get a chance too, always impressed by him in the PL.

We do seem to have a lot of defenders, so I suppose some will be moved on. Need someone who can deliver set pieces better as next priority. 

So far so good in the transfer season.