Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Caleb Okoli Signs

16 minutes ago, scinnell said:

IMO Souttar is our best defender and a different manager might suit him. I'd rather get rid of Faes, especially after his comments pre euros.

Try to flog Faes now while his stock will be relatively high after the euros.

He will want to leave anyway when we go back down and we might not get that much after he's had a season of ass rapings in the premier league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

Try to flog Faes now while his stock will be relatively high after the euros.

He will want to leave anyway when we go back down and we might not get that much after he's had a season of ass rapings in the premier league.

I agree, very nicely put haha

36 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I would like to see Coady get a chance too, always impressed by him in the PL.

We do seem to have a lot of defenders, so I suppose some will be moved on. Need someone who can deliver set pieces better as next priority. 

So far so good in the transfer season.

Judging by the way this lad likes to fly in, he'll probably be suspended for half the season.

Welcome though, wish him well. 

4 hours ago, car1os said:

Looks like a beast and will be a huge presence in defence, but wonder if he’s a bit limited… looking at the highlights doesn’t look like a “Maresca” signing to me.  Hope he starts well, and Welcome!!!

Maresca left mate  :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Maresca left mate  :thumbup:

I know, there were comments on another page about how he would be viewed - if he did badly it was a “Maresca signing gone wrong”, but I posted my reply on the wrong page! Didn’t realise he’s only 22yrs old, so has room for development too

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Looking forward to the massive cheer he’ll get, when he does this to James Maddison in our opening league game of the season. 

40-E69933-C574-48-E9-B06-F-3234319-E5-A0

He’s going to be a cags regen isn’t he & im absolutely here for it!!

23 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

He’s going to be a cags regen isn’t he & im absolutely here for it!!

After watching his defensive clips from last season, he is going to be a cross between Wes Morgan and Daniel Amartey 👍🏻

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Which probably say more about the rest than him.

Apart from Coady, who can't get into the team, the others were with us when we got relegated. So yeah, I think he's our best defender IMO, just didn't suit Enzo's philosophy over the last 12 months. 

Edited by scinnell

2 hours ago, scinnell said:

IMO Souttar is our best defender and a different manager might suit him. I'd rather get rid of Faes, especially after his comments pre euros.

Agreed, Cooper likes defenders that can defend. Won’t care about ball playing as much. 

I think Faes most likely to leave but could well see us stick with the 5 seniors and loan Nelson out (could see him going to Birmingham) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Agreed, Cooper likes defenders that can defend. Won’t care about ball playing as much. 

I think Faes most likely to leave but could well see us stick with the 5 seniors and loan Nelson out (could see him going to Birmingham) 

It’s 2024 so I’m pretty sure Cooper is going to want defenders who are comfortable on the ball in the premier league 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

It’s 2024 so I’m pretty sure Cooper is going to want defenders who are comfortable on the ball in the premier league 

Yes, I think those expecting a polar opposite will be dismayed, as ball playing is de rigueur these days.

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Assume Enzo liked ball playing defenders, hence why Souttar was out, but curious about Coady as in that case as he is more a ball player than bonkers Faes.

Souttar was a ball playing defender. Very good passer.

3 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Souttar was a ball playing defender. Very good passer.

Fair enough, is he a Vestergaard level passer? Not sure why he never got a look if he was.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough, is he a Vestergaard level passer? Not sure why he never got a look if he was.

Because the club was actively trying to sell him throughout. He’s not to Vestegaard’s level of passing but then neither was KDH or Ndidi etc.

• Like 1