Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Caleb Okoli Signs

27 minutes ago, kingfox said:

I had fears he was an agent signing, it’s looking to be the case isn’t it.

It’s the only way Rudkin knows how to operate. 

Look back on our signings and managers last few years. There’s a horrific pattern 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He reminds me of Calvin Bassey but not as good, and we let him go on a free, doesn't make sense.

Meanwhile we have Ben Nelson sitting in reserves who likely will go on to be a centre back than Bassey and will also leave after not being given a chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

and most of them have been here quite a while and can’t claim they are a young lad just settling in to the area..

Most of them have credit in the bank. 

This guy has zilch. He's dreadful. Quite.Simply. Dreadful. 

As others say, it's an agent favour signing. Stinks of it..like that Daley Thompson character was (who wasn't even a pro footballer) 

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

So he's been signed because he's left-footed...was that literally the only criteria?

hope so, I've always wanted to be a prem footballer on massive wages. drop me a DM rudders, can be on the pitch in any position

• Haha 2

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

So he's been signed because he's left-footed...was that literally the only criteria?

I don't think he's even that is he? Just played on the left of a three last season. I think the actual reasons for signing him were he's meant to be marginally quicker than our other centre backs and more importantly he's with the same agency as Cooper so we didn't have to do any scouting.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

He isn’t even left footed, he just played on the left side of the defence for Frosinone last season

6 minutes ago, Guest said:

I don't think he's even that is he? Just played on the left of a three last season. I think the actual reasons for signing him were he's meant to be marginally quicker than our other centre backs and more importantly he's with the same agency as Cooper so we didn't have to do any scouting.

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He isn’t even left footed, he just played on the left side of the defence for Frosinone last season

You're absolutely correct, "left-sided" would be a better description.

53 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Most of them have credit in the bank. 

This guy has zilch. He's dreadful. Quite.Simply. Dreadful. 

As others say, it's an agent favour signing. Stinks of it..like that Daley Thompson character was (who wasn't even a pro footballer) 

yeah that’s what got us relegated in the first place… sticking with under performing players because of their ‘ credit in the bank’

6 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Souttar is a better centre half than him

I agree and I didn’t particularly rate Souttar for the style of football we’ll need to play this season either. 

He’s just not great is he! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jock2612 said:

Another poor call by Cooper.

no it wasn’t.

souttar  didn’t play many games for  for Stoke  in the 5 years he was there and the rest was in the Scottish league. He’s not done anything to suggest he will be anything more than a championship player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

no it wasn’t.

souttar  didn’t play many games for  for Stoke  in the 5 years he was there and the rest was in the Scottish league. He’s not done anything to suggest he will be anything more than a championship player.

At least him or Vesty had he been on the pitch would have cleared the Ball for the first goal which started the collapse today. 

There's no logical reason why we signed anther CB with the number we already had. Anyone know what this new lad brings to the team. Is it leadership, Pace, Strength, Footballer or what.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

At least him or Vesty had he been on the pitch would have cleared the Ball for the first goal which started the collapse today. 

There's no logical reason why we signed anther CB with the number we already had. Anyone know what this new lad brings to the team. Is it leadership, Pace, Strength, Footballer or what.

other than the fact a few of them are crap, you mean?

This poor guy needs at least a few league games before we judge him, surely?

1 minute ago, MPH said:

other than the fact a few of them are crap, you mean?

This poor guy needs at least a few league games before we judge him, surely?

Granted he needs to be given a chance to show what he can do. I know it's early days, but he doesn't look like he'a another Fofana in the little we've seen.

So is he going to be another crap player filling up our squad and offering very little. When we alreadu had a promising player in Nelson already here.

It just doesn't make sense what's going on at the Club presently.

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Granted he needs to be given a chance to show what he can do. I know it's early days, but he doesn't look like he'a another Fofana in the little we've seen.

So is he going to be another crap player filling up our squad and offering very little. When we alreadu had a promising player in Nelson already here.

It just doesn't make sense what's going on at the Club presently.

It's baffling that we aren't progressing in our academy players compared to other clubs, really liked how Liverpool in their summer friendlies have nicely slotted in their youngsters and given them a chance

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas