Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Caleb Okoli Signs

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

It's baffling that we aren't progressing in our academy players compared to other clubs, really liked how Liverpool in their summer friendlies have nicely slotted in their youngsters and given them a chance

Yes, One of the things I read in signing Cooper was his abilty to bring young players through.

Yet he's given none of them a chance and in fact it seems he want's to ship them all out on Loan. Leaving it to others to develop them.

While standing over the signing of inferior players or players maybe for the future, When what we need is proven quality right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

got to ask why we signed him though. we've got Faes, Coady, Souttar on long term contracts, we just renewed Vestergaard, we've got a promising young CB in Nelson. Now, yes Faes is a bombshell and Souttar is a championship player but there is no point spending significant amounts of your budget signing positions you're well stacked in while having basically no depth in centre midfield and having already lost a centre midfielder, unless you're planning to actually move on the players you've already got.

More Importantly no Striker to lead the line, Score goals, Hold the Ball up, Bring others into play, Take pressure from our midfield and defence.

It's a CF we need not another CB.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I am less annoyed at the player and more annoyed that we seem to have spaffed the majority of our transfer budget on a centre back who doesnt seem to improve our defence.

The fault lies with our ownership and scouts for this one.

but this post still judges him before he’s even played a professional game for us.. owners to be blamed or not..

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

but this post still judges him before he’s even played a professional game for us.. owners to be blamed or not..

He's played quite a few professional games and the fans who had watched him previously all said that he has good physical attributes but lacks a defensive brain and has some stray passing, which is what we're seeing in pre season.

Sadly that's not going to change overnight, I dont think he's a bad defender, he's the type that's good in the right system but then so are all our other defenders. Realistically we could have stuck it out with Faes and Vestergaard and I think we wouldn't be any worse off, and we've spent too much money on Okoli for him to just be more of the same.

Way too early to put him in the bin even if the early signs from previous clubs/limited pre-season games suggests too.

I’m with the many others that are frustrated we have blown so much of our limited budget on a position we are stacked in.

Didn’t see the game yesterday but fro

previous pre-season games he looks like he was brought up to stop us being bullied.

We were very soft back there and he’s the muscle we didn’t have. I’m not expecting him to be a Maldini on the ball, but am expecting his to put his head/boot in 

14 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

previous pre-season games he looks like he was brought up to stop us being bullied.

We were very soft back there and he’s the muscle we didn’t have. I’m not expecting him to be a Maldini on the ball, but am expecting his to put his head/boot in 

So during his childhood in Vicenza, his father was saying to him, “My child, one day you’ll be defending corners at the King Power stadium alongside Wout Faes - and you need to be ready for it…”

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I hope you're right because we've been too soft for to long. If he's any good he and Coady might make a decent partnership.

11 hours ago, honeybradger said:

He's played quite a few professional games and the fans who had watched him previously all said that he has good physical attributes but lacks a defensive brain and has some stray passing, which is what we're seeing in pre season.

Sadly that's not going to change overnight, I dont think he's a bad defender, he's the type that's good in the right system but then so are all our other defenders. Realistically we could have stuck it out with Faes and Vestergaard and I think we wouldn't be any worse off, and we've spent too much money on Okoli for him to just be more of the same.

I’m not sure what type of defender he is.

He hasn’t came across as a brick shithouse commanding the area and dominating with his size.  He didn’t have great reading of the game and his passing out the back wasn’t great. In the Palermo game he was passing to Soumare which didn’t help though. 

I would’ve preferred Doyle again on loan or use Nelson. They could've saved 10m to use on areas we actually need. 

It has to be Vestagaard to Winks or pinging up the pitch quickly. 

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

So during his childhood in Vicenza, his father was saying to him, “My child, one day you’ll be defending corners at the King Power stadium alongside Wout Faes - and you need to be ready for it…”

Credit to his dad but for his foresight but I don’t think anyone could be prepared for that 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jock2612 said:

Another poor call by Cooper.

I really don't think Cooper gets much of a say in who comes in and who leaves. Listen to his post-match interviews, he's as frustrated as the rest of us.

• Like 2

Pre-season or not, he’s been awful. 
Just watch the highlights from yesterday. 
He can’t pass the ball or competently control a stray pass. 

Don’t tell me he’s “learning the language” and therefore that justifies a complete inability to defend. 

Our season will be summed up by signing this clown. Spunk the majority of our limited budget on someone who doesn’t improve us when we’ve got ample in that position. 

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Strange signing in that I don't think he's better than Souttar. We just seem to love wasting money for some reason.

Seems like a signing we didn’t need. Another one who’s going to be a nightmare to get rid of, be sending him out on loan for the duration of his contract.

• Like 1