Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Caleb Okoli Signs

3 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Seems like a signing we didn’t need. Another one who’s going to be a nightmare to get rid of, be sending him out on loan for the duration of his contract.

It certainly wasn't a priority over other positions, not when he's not really an improvement on what we already had at the CB position.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Is he one for the future, or has he been bought in to help us in the campaign to beat the drop?

Probably something we had to agree with Atalanta at some point to stop them sending congerton back here …..

’yeah - we promise to buy some dead wood off you for £12m’ 

• Like 1

This seems such a strange signing. Why pay £12-£15m for a defender that you're not going to play? I thought he would be a signing that would scream 3 big centre backs, with this guy being the more mobile of 3. But he's not playing. I know it's only 2 games, but makes wonder why this happened. Was it a case we were expecting to see a defender (Faes) leave? If so it's another obvious sign of bad management from the DoF side?

Spending so much on the line that someone MIGHT leave is very bad business. That money could have been better used. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

This seems such a strange signing. Why pay £12-£15m for a defender that you're not going to play? I thought he would be a signing that would scream 3 big centre backs, with this guy being the more mobile of 3. But he's not playing. I know it's only 2 games, but makes wonder why this happened. Was it a case we were expecting to see a defender (Faes) leave? If so it's another obvious sign of bad management from the DoF side?

Spending so much on the line that someone MIGHT leave is very bad business. That money could have been better used. 

Whilst the fee at this minute seems high, he’s had a couple of cameo friendly appearances - why would he displace either Faes or Vesty immediately? It’s a 50 game season - we have to have a squad and we are 2 games in, I’m massively meh about the signing too but time will tell at the end of the season. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Whilst the fee at this minute seems high, he’s had a couple of cameo friendly appearances - why would he displace either Faes or Vesty immediately? It’s a 50 game season - we have to have a squad and we are 2 games in, I’m massively meh about the signing too but time will tell at the end of the season. 

Think it's more the priority needed.

He's 4th choice centre half and we're still at least a striker and a number 10 short.

It's a completely bizarre choice of a signing too. Makes me wonder if there was some favour we wanted off the agent.

On 22/08/2024 at 12:16, HarryDee8 said:

Is he one for the future, or has he been bought in to help us in the campaign to beat the drop?

He was injured for the first PL game, so maybe just isn’t ready to start yet and/or is expected to show in training that he deserves to oust Faes/Vesty? 

Edited by FoxesWalk

To think:

A. We have Coady

B: We have Nelson

C: We don't have a whole lot of money

D: We aren't playing him

E: We are desperate to strengthen in other areas 

F: He's looked a bit ****

It's nothing less than you'd expect from a Rudders transfer. 

8 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Like using part of it to pay the compensation for Corberan. 

27 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Needs a loan move somewhere for s year as he clearly isn't ready to play in the Premier League 

We have not spent the money we have to send him out on loan - before we got relegated we may have spent £15m for potential but not this season and not likely to do so again in the near future!