Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2024 FINAL THREAD: SPAIN vs ENGLAND Sunday, July 14th, 8:00PM

Spain have undoubtedly been the best team in an otherwise, pretty average tournament, but we have the better side. If Southgate can motivate the team and encourage them to hold and give
But do it at the right time, we can be slow or fast as long as we get to the line,
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack!!

There's only one way to beat them get 'round the back:
Catch us if you can Cause This is England man!
And what you're looking at is the master plan!
I know we can't go wrong!

Spain have undoubtedly been the best team in an otherwise, pretty average tournament, but we have the better side. If Southgate can motivate the team and encourage them to hold and give
But do it at the right time, we can be slow or fast as long as we get to the line,
They'll always hit you and hurt you
Defend and attack!!

There's only one way to beat them get 'round the back:
Catch us if you can Cause This is England man!
And what you're looking at is the master plan!
I know we can't go wrong!

Moments that are often left out of the Euro 96 story because they don't quite fit the narrative:

Spain's disallowed goal was at least a yard onside:

not-off.png

Gazza was very lucky here:

If you go back to 2.30 in the video you can see the 'offside' moment.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kushiro said:

Moments that are often left out of the Euro 96 story because they don't quite fit the narrative:

not-off.png

Just like Lampards goal that was never awarded WC2014 that never gets mentioned 

I said to a mate after we stunk the place out v Denmark we’re going to end up making the final despite being pretty poor.
I think we win tonight. Kane will have his moment I reckon. Plus Bellingham just seems to bring this inevitability during his career so far. 

It’s weird though. I want us to win but if we don’t I’ll more than likely be over it instantly. I guess that’s the club over country debate. I barely slept for a week before the FA cup final. 

Something that’s not been highlighted enough is that the weather this tournament has helped us. Whilst our style of play is now better suited to the heat of a summer competition, it’s not in question that the usual hot, steamy and humid doesn’t help us. 

I can’t see us winning the next World Cup for this reason 

We’ve cleaned out the vessel tank of a huge industrious size for the occasion. In fact, we’ve built an extension for our wonderful kettle. Those Dutch tears along side others from Europe really were a task for the cleaning squad. 

We’ve ensured that the generator is big enough to power the electric surge required at 10pm to successfully press the button and boil Europe’s tears and piss. Our scientists suspect that the ferocity of the steam shall introduce a night long fog over the other countries to the British Isles.

There’s every chance Gareth and his squad plus the half of a million England fans in Germany will have to take a boat back to England as the sheer dense of the cloud could lead to a repeat of the chaos caused by the Iceland volcano on air traffic control. 

Always been Leicester over everything else football wise for me, obviously want England to do well but international football has always been a "take it or leave it" situation for me, win or lose I'm not arsed in the slightest and never have been, wish I was more invested but I just can't be 🤣 

• Like 1

The game is going to be won on the wings I think. Saka has been our best player by a mile, but Williams and Yamal have arguably been the two best players in the competition? 

Gotta pressure the hell out of Rodri too, if he starts getting forward then we’ll be screwed. Fortunately their defence is dodgier than ours so we’ve got to take every chance. 

8 hours ago, kushiro said:

not-off.png

Narrative this narrative that.

Shall we go over the all the moments that have fvcked England in Tournaments that should have gone our way but didn't? 

8 hours ago, kushiro said:

not-off.png

The amount of revisionist bollocks I've read on here in the past month about England in the 90s and 00s/early 10s has been truly off the scale, as if they were world beaters who were a whisker away from winning tournaments with bad luck or missed chances while conveniently forgetting other details.

This is by far the most talented English era I can remember, I'm in my 40s. Draws have been kind in recent years yes but you can only beat what's in front of you.

• Like 1

I've just got a feeling we're going to do it.

I'm not overly confident but I feel it will be like the 2021 CL final where everyone fancied Man City, but you knew Chelsea had enough about them to edge it.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

1 hour ago, Noahfence said:

Tempting fate I know but when I look at that Spain team I’m a bit surprised at how underwhelming I find some of the names. 

As people have noted on other match threads, they’re incredibly well coached, they have a lot of pace and Rodri and Ruiz have been world class all competition. They can be got at though, Germany nearly got there and we have better players than them. 

Good tactical thread 

Edited by Lionator