Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2024 FINAL THREAD: SPAIN vs ENGLAND Sunday, July 14th, 8:00PM

2 hours ago, copunk said:

Always been Leicester over everything else football wise for me, obviously want England to do well but international football has always been a "take it or leave it" situation for me, win or lose I'm not arsed in the slightest and never have been, wish I was more invested but I just can't be 🤣 

Having Southgate as manager doesn't help imo I don't care if we win or lose, the manager has bored me to death with his turgid tactics and love in for certain players then taking credit for getting us to another final. shit manager no way would I trade a FA cup for a Euros win under Southgate

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
29 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Having Southgate as manager doesn't help imo I don't care if we win or lose, the manager has bored me to death with his turgid tactics and love in for certain players then taking credit for getting us to another final. shit manager no way would I trade a FA cup for a Euros win under Southgate

It really is a confusing one.

Southgate’s record is pretty much second to none as England boss. But the thought of four more years (win or lose tonight, I think that’ll happen) fills me with no excitement whatsoever.

We could be in the strange situation tonight of finally winning a tournament and I STILL want Southgate to go

🤷‍♂️

I’ve started too early :beer: one large bottle of Heineken. And now nearly through a cold bottle of white wine. What redeems this a bit is a chicken, goats cheese, salami and avacado salad 🥗. There IS lots of fresh veg involved plus black olives. Such a long wait. 

2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

One thing is certain, if Spain take the lead they will shit on us with a masterclass of time wasting and "tactical" fouls.

Need a strong England and a strong ref.

And a shit load of luck 🍀 

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It really is a confusing one.

Southgate’s record is pretty much second to none as England boss. But the thought of four more years (win or lose tonight, I think that’ll happen) fills me with no excitement whatsoever.

We could be in the strange situation tonight of finally winning a tournament and I STILL want Southgate to go

🤷‍♂️

100 %

The question often asked about preferring Club or Country (and would you "trade" a win in one, for the other) ... always seems to be a bit silly and irrelevant.

There's no conflict of interest between the two.   I want Leicester City to win every competition they take part in, and I want England to win the World Cup and European Championship.  There's no link, or trade-off.   I want them both to win everything

Similarly in the Olympic games, I want British athletes to do as well as possible.    And Further down the food chain, I want Leicestershire to win at cricket.   And I support my local non-league football team, wherever I happen to be living at the time.

• Like 4

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

The question often asked about preferring Club or Country (and would you "trade" a win in one, for the other) ... always seems to be a bit silly and irrelevant.

There's no conflict of interest between the two.   I want Leicester City to win every competition they take part in, and I want England to win the World Cup and European Championship.  There's no link, or trade-off.   I want them both to win everything

Similarly in the Olympic games, I want British athletes to do as well as possible.    And Further down the food chain, I want Leicestershire to win at cricket.   And I support my local non-league football team, wherever I happen to be living at the time.

Yeah but who would win in a fight between a polar bear and a grizzly?

😂

3 hours ago, copunk said:

Always been Leicester over everything else football wise for me, obviously want England to do well but international football has always been a "take it or leave it" situation for me, win or lose I'm not arsed in the slightest and never have been, wish I was more invested but I just can't be 🤣 

Same. Bland manager, players that on the whole I don't particularly like. Just seems a bit insincere to go full Sweet Caroline and throw my beer around. 

Want us to win but give my any Leicester city success over it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Same. Bland manager, players that on the whole I don't particularly like. Just seems a bit insincere to go full Sweet Caroline and throw my beer around. 

It would be interesting how much better England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 would be with a very good manager like Klopp 

23 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Yeah but who would win in a fight between a polar bear and a grizzly?

😂

Oh I dunno. Close one to call that. It depends on the ground that they fight on. Ice or in a forest. 

36 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I totally agree but for me it's not just the manager or the players, it's just I've never gotten into the whole international scene, don't get me wrong I can see why most of the country love it and back the lads, but I just can't ever get my head around disliking (for football reasons) anyone in the English game that doesnt play for Leicester, and then trying to pretend to myself that I can back them for 1 month of the year every 2 years 🤣 

• Like 1