Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2024 FINAL THREAD: SPAIN vs ENGLAND Sunday, July 14th, 8:00PM

Not sure how we got there, and on form you'd probably say Spain are favourites, but in a one off final who knows...

Redemption for last time around?

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

For all he’s been criticised for (late subs, boring style of play) etc etc, one thing you can’t knock Southgate or the England camp for is the ‘togetherness’ they seem to have.

Theyve basically told Joe Public to go and bollox when criticism has come their way and you can genuinely see they are overjoyed for each other tonight. Kane’s adulation for Watkins on the post match interview seemed very genuine, for instance.

They definitely want to win this thing. 

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Has @Daggers changed his ava to a pic of Fernando Morientes or something yet.

A este momento, no, pero dame un poco. Vamos espagña. ¡Adalante y ganar contra las hijeputas!

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'll literally be in an airport in Ibiza when we kick off, gutted 

I watched England v Germany (South Africa 2010) in Girona airport. I hope this goes better for you. At least we have goal line technology now.

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

For all he’s been criticised for (late subs, boring style of play) etc etc, one thing you can’t knock Southgate or the England camp for is the ‘togetherness’ they seem to have.

Theyve basically told Joe Public to go and bollox when criticism has come their way and you can genuinely see they are overjoyed for each other tonight. Kane’s adulation for Watkins on the post match interview seemed very genuine, for instance.

Great man manager. Could do with a Peter Taylor or a John Robertson with him.

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

Would have chosen Spain out of any of the difficult half of the draw. Germany or France would have beaten us. We've a decent chance v Spain - despite them being the best side.

Not so sure they are the best side. Germany should have had a pen to beat them and France bossed second half yesterday and missed very presentable chances and should have forced extra time.

Spain are a top side, but nowhere near the team of 10/12 years ago. We can win, but need no mistakes and take our chances. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This team was saved by some individual brilliance and luck. Today a scandalous decision in favor was added into the mix. I don't actually get what you mean by "togetherness". Were you expecting players throwing punches to each other and blaming Southgate? 

Yes luck plays a major part and some of these players are very good but if you think this team deserved a place in the final I totally disagree. It's football though, anything can happen but there are some football facts we can't deny regarding tactics, team selection etc. 

I really don’t know why but I just have a funny feeling England are going to win the final. It’s not based on anything other than a hunch but everything that’s has happened so far is leading to something big.

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I thought the Sunday final was to give both teams adequate rest?

Someone has to play a day later though. Just one of them things. 

22 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

They will be few calling in sick Monday if we win on Sunday night. 

Had it tentatively blocked out. Requesting it off first thing tomorrow lol whatever happens there will be beer :beer:

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I really don’t know why but I just have a funny feeling England are going to win the final. It’s not based on anything other than a hunch but everything that’s has happened so far is leading to something big.

It's because Southgate is the luckiest **** in football. How many times do I have to say this? I'm sure we'll win.

Edited by trabuch

Looking forward to Sunday 

Just arrived in Spain 🇪🇸 for a week in Altea a quick ride away from Benidorm, not a fan of the place but may be our best option to watch it 😁 as we’re in a purely Spanish town. 
I feeel a dirty Benidorm party incoming