Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2024 FINAL THREAD: SPAIN vs ENGLAND Sunday, July 14th, 8:00PM

It's odd, but I do think we'll beat the side that has beaten France (who beat Portugal and Belgium) and Germany (who beat Kasper). Not because we are better than any of those sides, but because we are blessed with Gareth's massive luck - and some pretty good footballers.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Drop Kane  :ph34r:.  Shaw really aint fit yet, so that's a tricky one.  Try and get Foden playing like he did first half.

I will be on the street in Glasgow with my flag if we win, so, :chant::scarf:lol

It was nice knowing you 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Think 3-4-2-1 again rather than 4-2-3-1.

Play like we did 1st half and continue to show a mental resolve I simply do not recognise from an England sporting team and we've a chance.

Netherlands changed the shape to try and stop is from playing. It’s what pretty much every team has done so far we’ve played. No one has really had a go at us like Spain will. 

Spain won’t alter their tactics to try and compact the midfield and reduce the space, they’ll use Rodri to do it. Likewise on the other side of the coin, we’ll do the same with Rice. 

This could be a really open game. I’d rather we played 3 at the back allowing us to push their fullbacks back into the defensive half.

If we press high and don’t allow them to play out from the back, we’ll need to ensure we pick up those 2nd balls, as that’s where Yamal or Williams will hurt us. 

I don’t think Cucurella will give us as many issues as he gave Germany. As Walker is a better defender than Rudiger out wide. 

What concerns me is out left hand side against Olmo and Carvajal. I can see Tripper / Shaw being ripped to pieces. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

Netherlands changed the shape to try and stop is from playing. It’s what pretty much every team has done so far we’ve played. No one has really had a go at us like Spain will. 

Spain won’t alter their tactics to try and compact the midfield and reduce the space, they’ll use Rodri to do it. Likewise on the other side of the coin, we’ll do the same with Rice. 

This could be a really open game. I’d rather we played 3 at the back allowing us to push their fullbacks back into the defensive half.

If we press high and don’t allow them to play out from the back, we’ll need to ensure we pick up those 2nd balls, as that’s where Yamal or Williams will hurt us. 

I don’t think Cucurella will give us as many issues as he gave Germany. As Walker is a better defender than Rudiger out wide. 

What concerns me is out left hand side against Olmo and Carvajal. I can see Tripper / Shaw being ripped to pieces. 

I'd much prefer us to play Saka LWB and Trent RWB

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'd much prefer us to play Saka LWB and Trent RWB

Yes, I can see why. 

I don’t think Southgate will change from what he’s been doing. 

In a bizarre way, I think this game suits Toney more as a target man then Foden / Bellingham can play off him as tens.

I could so Southgate going ultra defensive and go back to a double pivot. Rice and Gallagher to frustrate the space and stop Simons and Olmo dropping inside, leaving Walker and Tripper to deal with the fullbacks. If he does that though, we’re in for a really boring game, watching football in the English half and Kane playing all over the place chasing the ball. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Drop Kane  :ph34r:.  Shaw really aint fit yet, so that's a tricky one.  Try and get Foden playing like he did first half.

I will be on the street in Glasgow with my flag if we win, so, :chant::scarf:lol

I’ll be in Paisley! 

• Like 1

England called cheats for the pen but lets face anywhere on the pitch kane's pen would have been free kick. People need quit moaning.

Think about the past when England been cheated on

-Maradona hand of god

-Beckham sending off

-Campbell's disallowed winning header for jumping on his team mates back

-Rooney being sent off

-Lampards goal that should have counted 

Worse has happened at a major tournament!! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

England called cheats for the pen but lets face anywhere on the pitch kane's pen would have been free kick. People need quit moaning.

-Maradona hand of god

-Beckham sending off

-Rooney being sent off

Well we're not cheats for it being given but it was a really bad decision from the VAR

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

-Maradona hand of god

-Beckham sending off

-Rooney being sent off

I’m just not sure anyone is calling England cheats because of a decision made by a referee fella 

• Like 1